Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-06-2012, 18:16   #91
God Member

Re: Room 101

Claytoner, if a person has a young child with them then they should put it on their knee, the child SHOULD be made to move, i was brought up to do that as was my son.....it's called teaching children good manners
Old 14-06-2012, 18:29   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
Claytoner, if a person has a young child with them then they should put it on their knee, the child SHOULD be made to move, i was brought up to do that as was my son.....it's called teaching children good manners
Sitting on knee is acceptable I agree. To be honest I don't think anyone should stand on a bus it's quite dangerous really. You have to wear a seat belt in a car but can stand holding a bar on a bus
Claytoner40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2012, 19:13   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
There are some very mean-spirited folks around... what is wrong with people who like to go camping? have you ever thought that it may be the only type of break that some can afford - and is it doing you any harm? I have been camping since I was 11 and still doing it today 50 odd years later.

And as for wet ramblers - would you like to be denied access to a nice warm pub after you got caught in the rain doing a healthy hike? Many hostelries were originally set up to cater for weary travellers and it's good to see them still fulfilling this function today.
Sorry Susie, I'm not mean honestly! As for the camping I can understand families with children doing it, likewise caravanners. But people of my age who try to persuade me how wonderful and glamorous it is in the hope I might take it up myself - it's just not going to happen! I would say to them just do your camping and don't try to convert! And please Susie carry on enjoying your camping for as long as you want, even though I can't ever understand why you'd want to when you've a perfectly good home to live in!
Ramblers - no, I haven't really got anything against them either, apart from the fact that they and their equipment and wet clothing seems to take over and speaking from my own experience on several occasions they can be quite rude and bad mannered - I'm not even sure they realise it!
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2012, 19:51   #94
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesingleton View Post
Sorry Susie, I'm not mean honestly! As for the camping I can understand families with children doing it, likewise caravanners. But people of my age who try to persuade me how wonderful and glamorous it is in the hope I might take it up myself - it's just not going to happen! I would say to them just do your camping and don't try to convert! And please Susie carry on enjoying your camping for as long as you want, even though I can't ever understand why you'd want to when you've a perfectly good home to live in!
Ramblers - no, I haven't really got anything against them either, apart from the fact that they and their equipment and wet clothing seems to take over and speaking from my own experience on several occasions they can be quite rude and bad mannered - I'm not even sure they realise it!
OK Anne, no need to apologise - I know you were just just letting off steam.
When I met my partner in the long hot summer of 76 we were on an archaeological dig and we lived in a tent for ten weeks. Then we used to go camping most summers but as we got older it was interspersed with nights in hotels - saving up for a few nights meant we could stay in some interesting places such as converted monasteries and grand houses in Spain. Now we have a motorhome which is just like a little house on wheels but doesn't need to be towed like a caravan. So it's not all roughing it!
Old 14-06-2012, 20:37   #95

The holidays in Spain sound wonderful and something I really want to do myself, I guess we'll just have to differ with regard to the camping and motor home stuff - I really need plumbing, en suites and electricity, just call me a snob!
(My children all reckon that the song 'You're So Vain' was written for me, I presume they're doing it light heartedly when they all burst into song!)
Old 14-06-2012, 20:39   #96

Also Susie, you sound like you've had a very interesting life to date!
Old 14-06-2012, 21:13   #97
Beacon of light

My experiences of camping were all in Wet Wales, so it really put me off....but my parents loved it and had some wonderful rough and ready cheap holidays on Camp sites in Spain(this was in the late sixties - I was married so I didn't go with them). They could not afford any other type of holiday until much later. We went overland to Spain with them in 1980 and beleive me it was great fun...but we were in apartments...very basic apartments, but they were OK.
13 of us....I have never laughed so much in all my life.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2012, 21:22   #98
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesingleton View Post
The holidays in Spain sound wonderful and something I really want to do myself, I guess we'll just have to differ with regard to the camping and motor home stuff - I really need plumbing, en suites and electricity, just call me a snob!
Anne, you're about ten years younger than me so most probably brought up with more creature comforts. BUT in our motorhome we have electricity, running water and a loo and shower! Plus a full size cooker and a very comfy bed. We went to Italy in it three years ago for three weeks and it was great - actually we didn't do any cooking, ate in restaurants despite the built in cooker.

I started camping with the Girl Guides when I was eleven and I think if you start young you find it fun rather than tedious. And so you get into the habit.
Old 14-06-2012, 21:48   #99
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Camping!!! Caravans/Tents etc, Theres some posh gits on here, Have slept on benches in graveyards, Shop Doorways, etc,etc, when young............Drink has much to answer for. Now i'm owd n soft,yeh can shove it were the sun don't shine.
Old 14-06-2012, 22:05   #100
Senior Member+

I fell asleep on the bench at the side of Balti Stan in Clayton. The bench isn't there now yep alcohol has a lot to answer for

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Camping!!! Caravans/Tents etc, Theres some posh gits on here, Have slept on benches in graveyards, Shop Doorways, etc,etc, when young............Drink has much to answer for. Now i'm owd n soft,yeh can shove it were the sun don't shine.
Old 14-06-2012, 22:06   #101
Senior Member+

I would like to enter Carling into 101. Horrid beer
Old 15-06-2012, 04:57   #102
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
I would like to enter Carling into 101. Horrid beer
OBJECTION !!!! Beer, no matter how horrible (and there are some I know, I've done much research in this area) shouldn't be pitched away ! Chucking Beer is up there with the seven deadly sins. So no!
Old 15-06-2012, 07:56   #103
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
OBJECTION !!!! Beer, no matter how horrible (and there are some I know, I've done much research in this area) shouldn't be pitched away ! Chucking Beer is up there with the seven deadly sins. So no!
Agreed, being n experienced drunkard way back, I always worked on the premise= There is NO such thing as a bad pint..........Just some better n others.
Old 15-06-2012, 08:35   #104
Senior Member+

I am not saying throw the beers away. SACRILEGE! just to have that thought.
Old 15-06-2012, 08:39   #105
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
I fell asleep on the bench at the side of Balti Stan in Clayton. The bench isn't there now yep alcohol has a lot to answer for
Um there's a lot of them benches going missing

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..