Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2012, 08:35   #1
Common Sense Member

Room 101

For a long time now I have had an ever-growing list of things which I would happily toss into Room 101 and so I thought I'd open the question up to Accyweb. Yesterday's shopping excursion reminded me of this one:

People who don't shunt their trollies properly into each other in the trolley bays, leaving some poor collection lad to tidy up the mess before they can be wheeled back to the store.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-06-2012, 08:42   #2
Resting In Peace

Re: Room 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
For a long time now I have had an ever-growing list of things which I would happily toss into Room 101 and so I thought I'd open the question up to Accyweb. Yesterday's shopping excursion reminded me of this one:

People who don't shunt their trollies properly into each other in the trolley bays, leaving some poor collection lad to tidy up the mess before they can be wheeled back to the store.
Ah but if the users tidied them up the collector would have nothing to do and then he'd be out of a job and one more unemployment statistic!
Old 08-06-2012, 08:46   #3
Resting in Peace

My deposit in Room 101 would be junk mail, even though I'm registered not to receive it I still get loads
Old 08-06-2012, 08:47   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Defo shunt the idle knobs that leave trolleys in parking spaces, lazy idle sods.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:10   #5
God Member

The signs around the town centre that say No Alchohol Zone, waste of space !!
Old 08-06-2012, 09:23   #6
Senior Member+

The signs on the motorway that say 'No street lights on midnight to 5am' I have difficulty reading them in the dark, and in any case, people can see that there's no lights on......and then there's the signs on the motorway that say - Junction 26 - 17miles, 17minutes.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:01   #7
Beacon of light

I have so many things that I would consign to Room 10......people who pick up after their dog then hang the bag full of doo-doo on a tree branch. What's that all about?
I would like to load the stuff into a blunderbuss and shoot them with it.

People who put supermarket baskets back with the handles in the wrong position....so that you have to sort it before you can put your basket back.
Junk Mail..........Junk telephone calls.........charity muggers........people who use their mobile phones on public transport, and speak loudly for a full one hour journey.
People who put their feet on the seats of public transport - and when you point out the signs which ask them not to do this, they glare at you like you are in the wrong.
My list goes on and on.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:30   #8
God Member

Kids that play music out loud on buses.....get your headphones in you annoying little ..........

People who throw litter on the floor.....that really REALLY annoys me, i have been known to go upto people and rollock them about it, or shout very sarcastic comments at them so they get embarrased and usually pick up what they have dropped
Old 08-06-2012, 10:36   #9
Beacon of light

good for you Shaz....we need more people like you!
Old 08-06-2012, 12:08   #10
Senior Member+

Motorway signs which say fog ,just when you have driven through it.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 17:18   #11
Common Sense Member

People who don't acknowledge you when you give way.

Ignorant swine.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 18:25   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I have so many things that I would consign to Room 10......people who pick up after their dog then hang the bag full of doo-doo on a tree branch. What's that all about?
I would like to load the stuff into a blunderbuss and shoot them with it.

People who put supermarket baskets back with the handles in the wrong position....so that you have to sort it before you can put your basket back.
Junk Mail..........Junk telephone calls.........charity muggers........people who use their mobile phones on public transport, and speak loudly for a full one hour journey.
People who put their feet on the seats of public transport - and when you point out the signs which ask them not to do this, they glare at you like you are in the wrong.
My list goes on and on.
I have to agree with everyone of these Margaret.
Claytoner40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 19:57   #13

Jerks who ignore signs indicating that the empty lane that they are driving in is coming to an end, passing patiently queuing motorists, then expecting to barge in when the like. As my old boss used to say, "it's like weeping through someone's letterbox then ringing the bell to ask how far it went."
egg&chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 20:03   #14
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by egg&chips View Post
As my old boss used to say, "it's like weeping through someone's letterbox then ringing the bell to ask how far it went."
?? Don't think you meant weeping!!
Old 08-06-2012, 20:09   #15
Beacon of light

More like wazzing!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..