Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree122Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2015, 15:01   #931
Beacon of light

Re: Allegations about Jimmy Saville: covered up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Who said I said it was right? I am saying it is probably much more common than people like to admit!

This was when I/we was about 12 - 13 and he was same age, though the sister may have been few years younger than he and from what you would see as respectable family - with about 6 other kids there watching and most of them laughing! God knows what he did to her in private?
I did not say or imply that you said it was right...if you looked you would see a question mark....I was asking a rhetorical question.
What I was saying in a roundabout way was, because it is common, should that mean it is an acceptable form of behaviour.......then I answered that it should not be acceptable for any reason.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-03-2015, 11:55   #932
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Are you saying you witnessed this?
Yep twice, something he did on a Saturday afternoon - but I wasnt one of his main gang so he probably did it a lot more on other occasions - weren't nice but lads laughed - this is a good reason we need sex education as things like this are more likely to happen if its a taboo subject and can't be discussed with the parents.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2015, 13:36   #933
Beacon of light

It depends what you mean by sex education.
Sex education is not a one size fits all thing......and sometimes it will stimulate a curiousity to try out the things which have been discussed.
I think it would be far better coming from parents(they are best able to respond to questions in an environment that is familiar and the child need not fear being ridiculed by peers)...and that children should be told about inappropriate touching of parts covered by a swimsuit.
Children should be educated to know to tell a parent if there has been any inappropriate contact by anyone......even if that someone is a teacher, a family friend or another family member.
Accyexplorer likes this.
Old 14-03-2015, 14:57   #934
Senior Member+

Quote:
Yep twice, something he did on a Saturday afternoon - but I wasnt one of his main gang so he probably did it a lot more on other occasions - weren't nice but lads laughed - this is a good reason we need sex education as things like this are more likely to happen if its a taboo subject and can't be discussed with the parents.

If you witnessed this twice (can't understand why you'd be in this lads company a second time after witnessing it once) and never did anything about it, then you ought to be ashamed of yourself.
Less, cashman and Accyexplorer like this.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2015, 16:50   #935
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
If you witnessed this twice (can't understand why you'd be in this lads company a second time after witnessing it once) and never did anything about it, then you ought to be ashamed of yourself.
Rubbish! You wouldn't have done anything about it anyway mate. It was really quick and you just don't think about it when you are that age - also how do you know what it was?

Last edited by kestrelx; 17-03-2015 at 16:53.
Old 17-03-2015, 18:10   #936
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Rubbish! You wouldn't have done anything about it anyway mate. It was really quick and you just don't think about it when you are that age - also how do you know what it was?
Really quick and yet forceful enough to make her cry?
You were there twice, only now after he dies do you mention it.
Please, don't tell us about anything else, she may still be alive and a member on here, does she need to be reminded of such times?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2015, 18:41   #937
Senior Member+

Quote:
how do you know what it was?
Because you told us -
Quote:
he used to abuse his sister in front of his mates and make her cry
Quote:
Rubbish! You wouldn't have done anything about it anyway mate.
You don`t know what I or anyone else would have done, but we do know that you did nothing (except go back again for another look)
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2015, 18:55   #938
Senior Member+

Cyril Smith child abuse inquiry 'scrapped after his arrest' - BBC News

So the police were (criminally) complicit....Not surprising news
kestrelx likes this.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2015, 20:31   #939
Beacon of light

They were complicit because they were involved....Politicians were involved....judges were probably involved too.
So how can there ever be justice for the victims and their families?
It is ok for politicians now to say that there will be zero tolerance....but how can this be when there is still so much distrust about transparency in the investigations.
How can the police be trusted to investigate themselves?
Old 17-03-2015, 22:32   #940
Senior Member+

My trust in every single one of 'the Establishment' has been eroded through different experiences.Folk deemed 'high profile’ are usually handled by more senior as apposed to junior officers, thus confirming that there is one law for the powerful and another for the the rest of us.
Nothing will change unless there is genuine accountability for those scumbags who govern us....

...I won't hold my breath.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2015, 07:03   #941
Beacon of light

How can you have accountability when those who are supposed to be the law makers, the law enforcers and the judges are mired in this kind of sleaze(and that is just the polite word for it).
Those in these professions who are honest(and there are some)have no chance without the support of those who should be safeguarding us.
I thought the Magna Carta was supposed to tell us that 'no man is above the law'!
Well now it seems that if you are the law, then you can do anything you want without fear of consequences.
accyman and DaveinGermany like this.
Old 19-03-2015, 15:10   #942
God Member

all polititions have to do is decide if they should face criminal proceedings or not

as shown in the expenses scandal they decided they shouldnt and the same will happen over pedophile and rape cases

MPs are immune if they decide they are immune to punishment

it has now become so accepted that MPs are crooked that they can flaunt their actions openly and still keep their positions in parliament

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 19-03-2015 at 15:13.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2015, 11:40   #943
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
Because you told us -

You don`t know what I or anyone else would have done, but we do know that you did nothing (except go back again for another look)
I didn't go back and have another look because that is not what happened - so don't make assumptions when you don't know the exact events!

You should be more worried about why Cyril Smith was let off for serious abuse allegations in 70's and the cover up of wide scale paedo accusations in our political system!
steve2qec likes this.
Old 21-03-2015, 12:31   #944
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Really quick and yet forceful enough to make her cry?
You were there twice, only now after he dies do you mention it.
Please, don't tell us about anything else, she may still be alive and a member on here, does she need to be reminded of such times?
It may have been once or twice. But there was some other dodgy deed he did of a gay nature. It seemed to be about exhibitionism to his mates, like he was showing off - being clever!

The reason I brought this up is on context of this subject...

Again the point I was making that it's not only these people like Saville, Hall and Harris that have been doing this but everyday people who may live next door! But also that their friends did nothing about it so that indicates an acceptance like in 60's it was acceptable to wolf whistle and passing women now it's frowned on. Now that said I was not one of this lads close friends he had about 6 others who did nothing and were his close friends. The circumstance I was in was a Saturday afternoon - "Oh come to our house for a lemon juice!" and as about 8 kids are standing about - this activity starts up - just like someone kicking a football round. The point is he must have done it before amoungst his crowd of best mates. As I was not one of those I don't know how often he did it.

Last edited by kestrelx; 21-03-2015 at 12:35.
Old 21-03-2015, 12:43   #945
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Pathetic!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..