Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Oswaldtwistle
Donate! Join Today

Oswaldtwistle If your from ossy, feel free to hang around in here!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-02-2005, 19:31   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Crossing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrenshaw
Also in out local neighbourhood newsletter there is mention of other local people complaining about that junction.
Which local newsletter is that?

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-02-2005, 20:17   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by park381
Which local newsletter is that?
their is a local neighbourhood watch news letter, which comes through my door once a month.
jrenshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2005, 20:43   #33
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrenshaw
their is a local neighbourhood watch news letter, which comes through my door once a month.
Which neighbourhood watch, is it Rhyddings Park

Albert Einstein.

Old 27-02-2005, 22:38   #34
Give, give, give member

lf it's the Rhyddings Park newsletter, the editor has received hate mail. Not about traffic/crossings but from people opposed to the new playground, which incidently was packed with children today, a bright cold early winters day. Which it certainly wasn't when it was in it's old position under the trees behind The Stop.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2005, 06:52   #35

nope it's the grange neighbourhood watch
jrenshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2005, 07:39   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
lf it's the Rhyddings Park newsletter, the editor has received hate mail. Not about traffic/crossings but from people opposed to the new playground, which incidently was packed with children today, a bright cold early winters day. Which it certainly wasn't when it was in it's old position under the trees behind The Stop.
That's very interesting, where did that information come from "hate mail" that's not very nice

Albert Einstein.

Old 28-02-2005, 08:10   #37
Give, give, give member

Lol. l bet you think it was me now! The editor showed it me, without naming names a few people are really angry on Park Lane that they can see the playground, they want it screened with a hedge & trees- just like the old hidden place it was, frightening for children, ideal for vandals. My Mum faces it more than the Park Lane letter writers, & it's harder to get out of her drive now but loves seeing the park used ,more than it has for ages. lt's a public ammenity for the all town.

Old 28-02-2005, 08:20   #38
Senior Member+

Quote:
Lol. l bet you think it was me now! The editor showed it me, without naming names a few people are really angry on Park Lane that they can see the playground, they want it screened with a hedge & trees- just like the old hidden place it was, frightening for children, ideal for vandals. My Mum faces it more than the Park Lane letter writers, & it's harder to get out of her drive now but loves seeing the park used ,more than it has for ages. lt's a public ammenity for the all town.
No I did'nt think that at all, just interested, why is it harder for her to get out of her drive now? is it due to parked cars, where abouts does she live in relation to the park (just a general area, if there's hate mail flying about)

Albert Einstein.

Old 28-02-2005, 08:42   #39
Give, give, give member

Fielding Lane, near the gates, its always busy now but people are coming from all over to use it, which l thinks great, even though l nearly backed into one yesterday!

Old 28-02-2005, 09:36   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Fielding Lane, near the gates, its always busy now but people are coming from all over to use it, which l thinks great, even though l nearly backed into one yesterday!
That is very interesting, does your mother attend the watch meetings at the Stop?

Albert Einstein.

Old 28-02-2005, 14:09   #41
Resident Waffler

Is that pub still up for sale?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2005, 14:14   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
Is that pub still up for sale?
Yes and I think the "Plough" is as well

Albert Einstein.

Old 28-02-2005, 19:25   #43
Give, give, give member

Yeah she goeto the meetings. l hope your not 'Angry of ParK Lane'? Where do you live? ln the park? - your a dead good writer for a squirel!
Both pubs are still for sale, there was a rumour a couple of months ago, that a male couple from Bolton had bought it & it was going to be a 'fun' pub!
Sausage bap?

Old 28-02-2005, 21:39   #44
Senior Member+

Quote:
Yeah she goeto the meetings. l hope your not 'Angry of ParK Lane'? Where do you live? ln the park? - your a dead good writer for a squirel!
Mother attends the meetings thats not a problem,I used to attend myself, as for an "Angry of Park Lane" that depends what you class as angry. Do you have "all" the facts or are they second hand, if I may quote from the second application by HBC for the installation of a light in the "play area in the park" where HBC's planning officer for oswaldtwistle referred to the siting of the play area as " an unfortunate siting on the brow of a hill" in direct view of park lane .The lighting application was granted but on certain conditions, the main being that it was for a period of 12 months only, and that was to see quote "what effect it had on the vandal problem in the play area - to see if it works" if it dos'nt work it is to be removed at the end of 12 months. The application was passed by the planning committee on the 5th Jan 05............still no light?
The residents of park lane have no problem with the play area, as long as it is used for what it was designed for, children up to the age of 12. But it's the 14/15/16 year old that use it for a drinking area, have you ever seen the park worker collecting all the cans and bottles each morning.
But yes it is nice to see parents and their small children enjoying the play area.
OK I think that's enough for a squirel.

Albert Einstein.

Old 28-02-2005, 21:51   #45
Give, give, give member

OK. But it's not just Park Lane, it's also Fielding Lane that can see the play area, & will see the lights if & when they're installed. Of course there is still vandalism, but a hell of a lot less than in the old play area. Very often there were no swings or anything @ all. The park was opened for the people of Ossy, no view is ever guaranteed where ever we are. The cameras the neighbourhood watch moniters, also helps identify vandals, were it couldn't when it was in the old place in the trees behind the Stop.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..