Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Oswaldtwistle
Donate! Join Today

Oswaldtwistle If your from ossy, feel free to hang around in here!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-05-2011, 17:40   #16
JCB

Re: hit and run in ossy

I hope you all have a speedy recovery .

It's getting crazy on the roads and it's the innocent who come off worst .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-05-2011, 19:05   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpie View Post
hope your ok ...... they have cctv at the youth centre....
they will have most likely be caught on it so as long as all the cars attending the Asian event there on Friday arnt blocking the number plate i should be able to spot it a mile off and get the full details.Plus hopefully the cameras at rhyddings street and near the co-op record because if they dont then it makes the cameras pretty much useless and a waste of time been there.

Tuesday cant come quick enough.Its very disappointing its taking 5 days for the police to even view footage as this is providing a lot of time for the guilty to dispose of evidence and make up stories.

luckily no one was killed or too seriously injured but it dosnt alter the fact this idiot didnt know this and is still out there driving around like a lunatic and his next victim may not be so lucky

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2011, 19:15   #18

Fingers crossed you are able to identify the culprits. Luckily for you and your family you can walk away(albeit injured),just as they have fled. Things could of been worse. Hopefully when caught, the punishment fits the what if...

Good luck to you all, and hope your on the mend asap.
odders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2011, 19:42   #19
God Member

Glad to hear you guys are safe ... and I hope that the cops catch the sonofabitch.

Last edited by Eric; 29-05-2011 at 19:43. Reason: spelingg
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2011, 14:58   #20

Just seen this, hope you're all ok. Anyword yet on the CCTV, and car reg, have the police been able to catch them?

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:02   #21
God Member

well the car was caught on cctv leaving the scene of the accident at speed and was last seen heading down thwaitses road after leaving union road

unfortunately the cctv was not angled in such a way it could see their numberplate so they have got away with this scott free apart from the cost of fixing their own car.

anyone sees an 03 silver golf heading their way probably a TDi from the smoke that was been let off as they fled with a damaged front get out of their way fast

not a total loss theres an insurance beurau or something you can get compensation from when hit by hit and run but it would be nice to see the dangerous driver taken off the road

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 01-06-2011, 06:25   #22
God Member

this is bull, you have a partial reg plate number , even 40+ years ago we learn't at Norden/Gt Harwood Top Council (not really noted for their academic excellence, then or now) how binary X @) 0s worked in computer recognition, "sodding heck" even in those days Alan Turing was still warm in his grave and he could find U-Boats in the mid Atlantic 20 years before that
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:00   #23
God Member

sorry to hear mate and I hope the kids are OK, the cars just metal, its the fleshy things that count. How much of the plate did you get? you shoudl be asking teh plod to run matches of silver VWs with whatever you got that are registered within 10 miles radius of accy, its really not that difficult to do and I'm sure they have the ability and would use it if someone died so push them to use it now.

I'll be surprised if the car isn't either reported stolen and/or found burnt out somewhere

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:26   #24
Give, give, give member

Would it be wrong to post a full description of the car, and part of the number plate you can recall, so we can try and find it's whereabouts?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:09   #25
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Would it be wrong to post a full description of the car, and part of the number plate you can recall, so we can try and find it's whereabouts?
Can't see why it would G, after all whoever was driving the car was totally in the wrong and can have no complains if accyman uses any means necessary to find out who the scumbag is, so I hope be does post any information he has, always remembering that AccyWeb has a lot of ears and eyes knocking about that could be helpful, go for it Jas
Old 01-06-2011, 11:13   #26
God Member

the police tried to run the partial plate but nothing came up registering a silver golf in this area.My eldest got the first 4 letters but he may have been mistaken due to shock .

He is pretty sure it was YC 03 but the plate was dirty .The police have tried variations but nothing has come up.The partial reg may be correct the car may well not even be registered to anyone in this area as failure to stop usually means somethings not in order.Probably in a backstreet paint shop now getting repaired

Old 01-06-2011, 12:45   #27
Junior Member+

Hey mate, I spoke to you at The Blck Dog on Monday. Im asking all customers to be on the look out for that car but as you say, most likely not gonna find them now. Make sure you do go through the injuries and insurance bureau's because its your rights to claim that back from other bad drivers who have to pay into it when they get found guilty of such crimes.

Hope the family are recovering well.

Jay - The Black Dog Pub.
theblackdogpub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 13:01   #28
Junior Member+

Accyman, Ive reposted all the info on Facebook and asked other people in Ossy to do the same. Given them all the info and hopefully, we can find them. Who needs the police when you have social networks? Well, once we have found the barstewards we may need the police or an ambulance!
theblackdogpub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 13:37   #29
God Member

cheers jay

will probably be up at yours for a beer when feeling up to it.Was in the other week but mi date didnt appreciate the music.Cant beat a bit of headbanging music you get some good bands on up at your gaff.Much preferable than headbanging off the windscreen for sure

Old 14-07-2011, 23:11   #30
Give, give, give member

I saw this, and thought it might have been what happened to you.

Turns out to be another wedding related, idiotic driver.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..