Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Oswaldtwistle
Donate! Join Today

Oswaldtwistle If your from ossy, feel free to hang around in here!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-07-2011, 01:04   #31
God Member

Re: hit and run in ossy

oddly enough tonight's accident in Ozzy was only a few yards from the hit and run i suffered.

new evidence came to light after speaking to peter britcliff and information regarding the plate with more letters and numbers was passed on to the police.2 weeks since the new evidence was found the officer dealing with the case has not received these details nor has he replied to the 3 messages i have left asking for him to contact me regarding the follow up of this new evidence.

i hope the people that hit and run me and my kids isnt the same people who were avoiding police tonight and been chased because they should have been taken off the road weeks ago

Not holding my breath for a result infact people warned me heels would be dragged and i thought they were kidding but evidently not

thankyou to peter britcliffe who made the police look at other cameras but sadly even when things are handed to the police on a plate they still dont like acting

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-07-2011, 16:47   #32
God Member

little update

I saw the car that hit me today and i now have its full number plate.I tried to follow but they drove off like lunatics so they must have recognized my car.They have done a very poor job at trying to repair their damage so lets see how the police deal with it now they have the full plate and a partial on camera to match it up to.

Hopefully these scumbags will be taken off the road for a while but im not holding my breath

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 31-07-2011, 16:51   #33
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Best of Luck Accyman, I really do hope they get hammered & the Police can't have any excuse not to see it through now.
Old 31-07-2011, 17:41   #34
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
little update

I saw the car that hit me today and i now have its full number plate.I tried to follow but they drove off like lunatics so they must have recognized my car.They have done a very poor job at trying to repair their damage so lets see how the police deal with it now they have the full plate and a partial on camera to match it up to.

Hopefully these scumbags will be taken off the road for a while but i'm not holding my breath
Lets hope they can find traces of your paintwork on their bodywork accyman
Old 31-07-2011, 18:27   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Shouldn't need that , just a bit of "agressive questioning" worked well in the past
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2011, 21:21   #36

Bad cop, bad cop and falling down some stairs gets my vote. Bring back Gene Hunt.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:14   #37
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Shouldn't need that , just a bit of "agressive questioning" worked well in the past
Unfortuneatly they can't do that any more SJ they now go by PACE (Police and criminal evidence act) which vertually says kid gloves must be worn at all times when dealing with scumbags
Old 01-08-2011, 09:16   #38
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia View Post
Bad cop, bad cop and falling down some stairs gets my vote. Bring back Gene Hunt.
Jack Regan weren't bad either Alan
Old 01-08-2011, 09:24   #39

Yeah loved the Sweeney. Got all the episodes and the films.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 13:04   #40
God Member

repeat lol

Old 01-08-2011, 14:56   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
apparently thats not required although at the time i did insist they took paint samples but the police didn't.Apparently because i gave the first 4 digits on the day and their damage matches the description of the accident that should be enough

I have no doubt when the police question they they will try to deny it so i will have to hope that a 15 year old is allowed to be a witness .May be some of my paint under tehres if they insist it isnt them but im not sure if the police can make them remove the top layer they have sprayed on to cover it up

Old 01-08-2011, 18:16   #42
God Member

at least now with the full plate number it should be easy for your insurance company to identify them and let you know the address of where the cars insurance owner lives , odds are the vehicle in question with be parked on the street somewhere nearby . Not advocating vigilantism but sometimes revenge is sweet
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 18:24   #43
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Not advocating vigilantism but sometimes revenge is sweet
A pound of sugar & a pot of brake fluid look favourite.
Old 01-08-2011, 18:34   #44
God Member

Three pages of useful tips here
Potato up Exhaust Pipe - PPRuNe Forums

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 20:10   #45
Give, give, give member

Sadly in hit and run cases, if the perpetraor is eventually identified, it's not unusual for the innocent victim to be the target of vigilantism, with threats they should drop the case, or accept an out of court cash settlement.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..