Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Oswaldtwistle
Donate! Join Today

Oswaldtwistle If your from ossy, feel free to hang around in here!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2008, 20:06   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Rogue Trader in Ossy.

Usually quoting the "sale of goods act " is enought to put the wind up them , also throw in that the goods purchased must be " fit for purpose "
then the Trading standards card should be enough. Keep at it !
Old 10-01-2008, 20:11   #17
God Member

Hope they lose loads of business, its no way to treat anyone, write to the Observer
Old 10-01-2008, 22:05   #18
God Member

Better than a picket would be over a day to go in the shop in pairs, look around then ask what the name of the shop is...when they say...look at each other and say...oooo eck this is the shop we were warned not to buy from and leave pronto
US Angel likes this.

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 22:07   #19
Resident Waffler

OOooh you are wicked - but I like you!

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 22:11   #20
God Member

I'd be livid too. Don't let them get away with it.
Old 10-01-2008, 23:14   #21
Give, give, give member

Thanks for your support.

They won't get away with it.

I've always been a bit wary of similar threads, thinking that businesses might suffer on the word of one person, with no concrete proof.

In this case I've been there from the start last March, and have seen the shoddy way they trade right from the begining, so have no qualms about posting what I think.

If they don't like it then they can sue me, but since what I've posted is true, they haven't a hope in hell.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 17:57   #22
Give, give, give member

This is what I love about Ossy. It may have a population of about 12,000 people, but sometimes it's just like a village, with gossip spreading quicker than the pox in a bawdy house.

My brother's shop has an average of 1,500 customers a week. Most of whom were today treated to this tale of this man's bully boy tactics, and appalling business practice. Indeed two people I hardly know stopped me in the street, to tell me they'd heard about Multi Tech's dealings with my mum.

Old 11-01-2008, 18:08   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
This is what I love about Ossy. It may have a population of about 12,000 people, but sometimes it's just like a village, with gossip spreading quicker than the pox in a bawdy house.

My brother's shop has an average of 1,500 customers a week. Most of whom were today treated to this tale of this man's bully boy tactics, and appalling business practice. Indeed two people I hardly know stopped me in the street, to tell me they'd heard about Multi Tech's dealings with my mum.

The Ossie Mafia eh Garinda ?

I would just e-mail this thread to him (can't be difficult finding the address) with a copy to the manufacturers, that will stop him in his tracks.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 18:11   #24
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
The Ossie Mafia eh Garinda ?

I would just e-mail this thread to him (can't be difficult finding the address) with a copy to the manufacturers, that will stop him in his tracks.
I was going to print it off and go in and give it to him, but my brother is following the more correct legal route, so I thought better of it...for the time being.

Old 12-01-2008, 19:07   #25
Give, give, give member

On a link from HBC's website I found this, Magpie's site, which shows 'shops on Union Road'.

Suprisingly, only one shop is listed, and yes, it's Multi Tech!

http://oswaldtwistlelife.com/id60.html

'We offer an electronics repair service, where we will do our utmost to offer you the best advice from our qualified technicians: If its broke and we can fix it, then trust us we will.'

Yeah right...course you do!!!

Old 13-01-2008, 11:18   #26

my daughter bought a freeview box from there last year and it didnt work, when she took it back he was quite nasty and intimating and told her it was working when sold, she came away with the broken freeview box, i was fuming and told them i wouldnt leave the shop and would tell all their customers about them if they didnt sort it, they sorted it, but they arent nice to deal with especially him, hope you sort it soon and will tell everyone not to deal with him.
broadhurst7173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 20:30   #27
Bee
I am Banned

G you should file a claim against that man.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 20:37   #28
Beacon of light

This thread is over 3 years old.......don't you think G would have sorted it by now?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 13:39   #29

it was wierd to find this thread, a friend is having problems with them at the min with a faulty lcd tv he bought, been trying to get it fixed for a month now, but hes never at the shop only ever manage to get hold of him thursday morning when he is setting his flea market stall up
sean2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 22:03   #30

(First time I've read this thread) FWIW, I bought an electric cooker from Multitech in Feb 2009. It was a real bargain, worked perfectly, no problems. So perhaps this thread has had a positive effect on him, so thanks for that. Also I noticed he's taken to doing market stalls and his shop seems no longer in use for selling.
Gobbiner17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..