Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Oswaldtwistle
Donate! Join Today

Oswaldtwistle If your from ossy, feel free to hang around in here!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2006, 23:29   #271
Junior Member+

Re: Widening Rhyddings Street

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
The blossom is out now, come and have a look.
I know, ive drove up and seen them, im a bit home sick, they are beutifull, the trees should stay x
robbindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-05-2006, 00:03   #272
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
Getting back to the plot. I'd have thought that the safety of the residents of all the streets in the area should be of more importance than anything else.

I was thinking the same thing this weekend in Blackburn when we passed an estate where access seemd to be by footpath only. There must be roads into it somewhere but surely it makes access more difficult for emergency vehicles. It's all very well having an "I'm alright Jack" attitude if your road is OK but that's a bit selfish - I could be like that because I'm on a bus route so emergency vehicles have no access problems here but ambulances have a problem in Ormerod Street with all the road humps.

Couldn't there be some sort of compromise? Would it be possible to have bits of verge and bits of paving and keep the trees as is?
Take it you dont come from top of Rhyddings st, it not busy there, the grass verges have been there for years, i say leave them alone,
Old 13-05-2006, 00:07   #273
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
It would give only 10 spaces. Last night at 2am there were only 9 cars parked. Parking on one side only gives 8 spaces. You can't keep the trees and put in parking bays. The trees would have to be removed to create the bays because the roots would be destroyed. The cost for creating the bays would be high ( much higher than the £8000 mentioned in the Observer). The council suggested it, but had no costing or even plan of the scheme to show us residents. At the end of the financial year the allocated money will be clawed back by the council anyway. There was never any chance of parking bays anyway. The council just played lip service to residents to try and keep voters sweet. PB stated that the problem has been ongoing since before he was a cllr - to some of you that must appear to be for ever.
i agree
Old 13-05-2006, 00:11   #274
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
What solution and straight thinking can be easily thought through to widening Park lane?????

I would love it to be so easy, and convienient for us all.. but on this one, the truth of the matter is that, as these and lots of other property's in this area where here long before the cars. So making allowances for all our cars outside OUR front doors, is not gonna happen.
WE have to accept the car and our thinking toward our RIGHTS(to park where I want) is the problem. As has been stated park away and walk home. If safety was such a large worry do your own bit and dont block park lane or rhyddings st..

As stated by our local councillors " If we are pushed too hard on this, yellow lines will be the only option"...Anyone got a 3inch brush
I agree with you, the trees etc have been there a long time and should be there for ever,
Old 13-05-2006, 00:30   #275
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
After a bad night l managed an hours sleep. Did l dream of deserted beaches, hanky panky? No, l dreamt of this bleedin' thread! Do l need a life?

Parking in this area along with lots of other streets that were layed down before the rise of car ownership. l know people in this area that have been in the area for over 40 years, when there were fewer cars. But l can't help comparing it to people that live in City centres and hate the noise, or those that live in the country and hate animal sounds/ smells.
Lots [not all] have made a choice about were they live, and the choice is theirs, parking is going to become more difficult in time. People could move to houses [newer] with allocated parking, but it wouldn't be half as beautiful,
Found you (lol) your good friend who took pity of you when you left home and befriened you, at the top end of rhyddings st when you and i was younger, get in touch, please but tell me how x

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..