Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Oswaldtwistle
Donate! Join Today

Oswaldtwistle If your from ossy, feel free to hang around in here!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-11-2008, 10:44   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Young tearaways around the Roegreave Rd area

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I've heard for ages that people are getting so sick of young thugs in Ossy and nothing being done about it, so much so that is talk of taking things into there own hands, can't say that this is the right way to go about things, but its been said before desperate times bring on desperate measures

We should take things into our own hands.. the flipping police and other powers that be are totally useless:
I thought there was something in place to move large groups on…. Having said that they then go onto the back streets:
I talked to the community useless warden… he’s not even got power of arrest, what’s his roll just another waste of money: Kids were playing football near to my van the ball hit the van and the fourth time I went out and told them to ( GO AWAY ) this being a family site and all:
I told the warden and ( butter me toast ) next time I looked he was having a kick around with them ( bonding is what the useless teapot called it )
The country is going down hill…. And we all put up with it:
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-11-2008, 12:16   #17
God Member

I moved back into Ossy 6 years ago and where I live there was a problem one or two nights a week with gangs of rowdy drunken teens gathering at the football changing hut and sometimes vandalising it.
The hut was removed a year ago and the problem went with it.

I read about them congregating at the War memorial for a time, and that was stopped by that exclusion zone which was applied to a stretch of Union Rd.

It seems they need 'assembly places' - If you live near one it makes living there miserable at times.

The only consolation I can offer is that they do eventually grow up, and the next lot like to create a new assembly point as an expression of their new found group identity.

Last edited by MargaretR; 22-11-2008 at 12:24.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2008, 12:38   #18
Junior Member+

I've just been to see the police, but unfortunately they can't do very much apart from sending a squad car every so often. I spoke to my neighbour and he is fuming because of all the dents the stones have made to his car.
I have also sent an email to Hyndburn's Antisocial Behaviour Officer detailing the problem.

I don't mind kids having fun, but when they start doing criminal damage to property, I think some type of action should be taken.

By the way the gang roams around Trinity Street and Roegreave Rd area of Oswaldtwistle. The kids seem to be very close to feral children than normal children.

It's also good to know that other people are supportive of cracking down on these little buggers.
Old 22-11-2008, 14:41   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenx View Post
I've just been to see the police, but unfortunately they can't do very much apart from sending a squad car every so often. I spoke to my neighbour and he is fuming because of all the dents the stones have made to his car.
I have also sent an email to Hyndburn's Antisocial Behaviour Officer detailing the problem.

I don't mind kids having fun, but when they start doing criminal damage to property, I think some type of action should be taken.

By the way the gang roams around Trinity Street and Roegreave Rd area of Oswaldtwistle. The kids seem to be very close to feral children than normal children.

It's also good to know that other people are supportive of cracking down on these little buggers.
Its an easy answer ain't it, we'll send a squad car round every so often, big deal, if you belted one of the rat bags round the ear with a baseball bat the area would be flooded with cops
Old 22-11-2008, 16:59   #20

Once did grab one of the little buggers round here and told him to 'go and damage his own house' after the umpteenth time of throwing things at the windows and graduating to flying kicks at the door. Got a visit from the coppers who basically told me the little sods mum had complained and wanted me done!
He then went on to inform me that he had managed to get the lad to own up to the anti-social behaviour, which came as a surprise to mum, who promptly grounded him after a clip round the ear
Copper just said - "here's my number, if he does it again just ring me and I'll deal with it"
Haven't had any trouble since though....

churchman phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2008, 10:56   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchman phil View Post
Once did grab one of the little buggers round here and told him to 'go and damage his own house' after the umpteenth time of throwing things at the windows and graduating to flying kicks at the door. Got a visit from the coppers who basically told me the little sods mum had complained and wanted me done!
He then went on to inform me that he had managed to get the lad to own up to the anti-social behaviour, which came as a surprise to mum, who promptly grounded him after a clip round the ear
Copper just said - "here's my number, if he does it again just ring me and I'll deal with it"
Haven't had any trouble since though....
Its always the same churchman "its not my little jonny, he's a little angel, honest", as for grounding him, don't think so, she probably told the little irk not to kick your door again
Old 28-11-2008, 11:10   #22

my mum and dad actually live next door to two of the thugs and upto till recently was making their lives hell. now my mum is disabled so there is a ramp instead of a garden so she can get in and out of the house and them brothers and their so-called friends have ruined it my parents have complained to their mother (father not on scene) but she has done nothing about it
roundossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2008, 11:58   #23
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpie View Post
We should take things into our own hands.. the flipping police and other powers that be are totally useless:
I thought there was something in place to move large groups on…. Having said that they then go onto the back streets
What would you suggest we did with them and where do you want to move them on to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
It seems they need 'assembly places' - If you live near one it makes living there miserable at times.
Should we provide somewhere for them in suitable places - the Police think so, they know where to find them then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenx View Post
The kids seem to be very close to feral children than normal children.

Most of them are just bored with nothing to do. What sort of age are these children you are talking about.
Old 29-11-2008, 10:36   #24
Resting in Peace

Thumbs down Re: Young tearaways around the Roe Greave Rd area

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
What would you suggest we did with them and where do you want to move them on to?

Should we provide somewhere for them in suitable places - the Police think so, they know where to find them then.

Most of them are just bored with nothing to do. What sort of age are these children you are talking about.
Oh come on Neil, that's wearing a bit thin, I spent around 4 years with the Ossy Youth Support Group campaigning and raising money for the Youth and Community Centre that now stands on Harvey Street, and I still see the Youth Leader Martin a couple of times every month, in fact he was at my gaffe yesterday. Its the same old story you can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink. I had a lot of time on my hands when I was in my early teens as most people of my age group on here did, but we didn't go round creating havoc, we made our own entertainment, which didn't stem to getting blind drunk vandalism and generally make a nuisance of ourselves, but the one difference with today's kids is they don't respect any sort of authority, be it at home, school, or the police and until we get back to those basics of respecting authority nothing is ever going to change
Old 29-11-2008, 11:42   #25
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Young tearaways around the Roe Greave Rd area

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Oh come on Neil, that's wearing a bit thin................but the one difference with today's kids is they don't respect any sort of authority, be it at home, school, or the police and until we get back to those basics of respecting authority nothing is ever going to change

I don't think it is wearing a bit thin at all. I agree with the lack of respect thing though. Unfortunately that is down to the parents and not the kids. They are doing what they have learnt at home. They have not been taught respect so they don't give it.

So did you ask Martin what he thinks the solution is?
Old 29-11-2008, 14:04   #26
Resting in Peace

Re: Young tearaways around the Roe Greave Rd area

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I don't think it is wearing a bit thin at all. I agree with the lack of respect thing though. Unfortunately that is down to the parents and not the kids. They are doing what they have learnt at home. They have not been taught respect so they don't give it.

So did you ask Martin what he thinks the solution is?
Its like I said in my earlier post Neil, you can take the horse to the water, but you can't make it drink, Martin puts his heart and soul into the job of trying to provide activities for young people, but if they would rather(aided and abetted in a lot of cases by their parents) get rat asses in Rhyddings Park at night instead of finding something better to do there is nothing anyone can do about it. Like you said parents have got to educate their children to what is right and what is wrong, but when parents are dropping their kids off at the bottom of Rhyddings Street on Friday night armed with a six pack of Special Brew, whilst they go out on the razzle, your kicking up hill, to say the least, and this does happen, I've seen it with my own eyes. When I was young I used Rhyddings Park nearly every night, that's where I hung out, but I didn't cause any damage and the only time I went in there in winter was with the girlfriend
Old 01-12-2008, 16:09   #27
Junior Member+

Well said Jaysay.
Old 01-12-2008, 17:47   #28
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Make the parents pay!

If my kid did wrong and i had to pay for the consequences, im sure id be pretty miffed!
Old 01-12-2008, 23:08   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
Make the parents pay!

If my kid did wrong and i had to pay for the consequences, im sure id be pretty miffed!
agree totally, if some cannot be bothered to teach kids respect, then let em pay the price,
Old 02-12-2008, 01:12   #30
God Member

There has been a new development un the technology of the Mosquito teen repellet
The MOSQUITO - Ultrasonic Teenage Youth Deterrent, Teen Tormentor
At £400 a time they are beyond the reach of most BUT....

The noise has been made into a phone ringtone so that the little terrors can phone each other in class without teacher hearing.
http://www.compoundsecurity.co.uk/de...t_news_99.html

SO - it should be possible to download it to a PC and play it full blast without annoying neighbours

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..