Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Oswaldtwistle
Donate! Join Today

Oswaldtwistle If your from ossy, feel free to hang around in here!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2009, 18:21   #61
God Member

Re: Young tearaways around the Roegreave Rd area

So the mummy's little darling syndrome is revealed yet again
....as first demonstrated by Mrs Kray

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-04-2009, 19:38   #62
God Member

Haha, nice one you two! Parents working isnt the problem imo, at this moment (in the rain) and similar to last night, there are youngsters outside right now, making more noise than enough, the parents are never heard telling them off for it, or calling them in for bed, you only hear the parents shouting when the children are under THIER feet!
Old 06-04-2009, 21:45   #63
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiebrad View Post
Talk to kids in the way you expect them to talk to you and you may find nice friendly human beings try it nxt time it may just work
i always address young uns as i would anyone else, some are polite n friendly some are pig ignorant, but i don't believe in fairies.
Old 06-04-2009, 22:48   #64
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i always address young uns as i would anyone else, some are polite n friendly some are pig ignorant...

I do the same thing and find them very aproachable. I think it is the way you speak to them, just like anyone else, that depends on the response you get.
Old 06-04-2009, 23:00   #65
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I do the same thing and find them very aproachable. I think it is the way you speak to them, just like anyone else, that depends on the response you get.
perhaps it depends on what environment ya speak to em in neil?
Old 07-04-2009, 10:41   #66
Resting in Peace

Re: Young tearaways around the Roe Greave Rd area

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiebrad View Post
Talk to kids in the way you expect them to talk to you and you may find nice friendly human beings try it nxt time it may just work
I'm not using a mouthful of four letter obscenities for you are nobody else
Old 07-04-2009, 10:44   #67
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
perhaps it depends on what environment ya speak to em in neil?
You can be sure it won't be sat round the bowling green in Rhyddings Park at 10-30pm on a friday night cashy
Old 20-08-2009, 06:58   #68

As we have mentioned a number of times it's all down to a lack of respect and discipline.
Where do the young get guidance from these days? Not parents,not school,not the police ,nor in youth clubs.
The teachers are hamstrung by the rules they have to abide by,the police ditto.Youth workers have a brief to engage the youngsters and not be judgemental.
All this combines to give the message that there are no boundaries; yob rule is ok!
Perhaps we should start again with the schools being the first target,reinstate discipline backed up by sensible school governors.
Human nature makes us challenge authority,but in the end we have to live within a lawful state.
Some kids develop into model adults,some regretably don't.
If all they have to guide them is the behaviour of their peers then the situation will continue to degenerate.
Do parents know or care what little Wayne and Waynette are up to when they are out and about?
Take a walk around any area after dark,do you feel secure?
Time for a rethink.
Rant over!
Lampman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2009, 09:38   #69
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampman View Post
As we have mentioned a number of times it's all down to a lack of respect and discipline.
Where do the young get guidance from these days? Not parents,not school,not the police ,nor in youth clubs.
The teachers are hamstrung by the rules they have to abide by,the police ditto.Youth workers have a brief to engage the youngsters and not be judgemental.
All this combines to give the message that there are no boundaries; yob rule is ok!
Perhaps we should start again with the schools being the first target,reinstate discipline backed up by sensible school governors.
Human nature makes us challenge authority,but in the end we have to live within a lawful state.
Some kids develop into model adults,some regretably don't.
If all they have to guide them is the behaviour of their peers then the situation will continue to degenerate.
Do parents know or care what little Wayne and Waynette are up to when they are out and about?
Take a walk around any area after dark,do you feel secure?
Time for a rethink.
Rant over!
Not much wrong with your assessment Lampman, but as much as I'd like to see a return to old values, it ain't going to happen, there are to many do gooders now who's philosophy is that kids should be respected, in my day kids were respected but they first had to earn that respect. Having said that not all kids are bad, but they are all tared with the same brush, unfortunately

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..