Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk > Internet Talk
Donate! Join Today

Internet Talk A place to chat about internet goings on...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2005, 13:56   #1

msn accounts

does anyone know if msn close accounts if they arent used in a while i didnt bother with my pc for about 6 months and reformatted it when i started using it again and it wouldnt let me sign into msn with my screen name and password i had to get a new one but lost my buddy list and all the emails i would have had ive tried emailing msn help but aint got a reply . I ve emailed the account name and its bounced
Old 01-03-2005, 14:02   #2

Re: msn accounts

LMAO!!!!!! sorry just had to!!!! im mean tlike that!!!
Old 01-03-2005, 14:03   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockrabbit
does anyone know if msn close accounts if they arent used in a while i didnt bother with my pc for about 6 months and reformatted it when i started using it again and it wouldnt let me sign into msn with my screen name and password i had to get a new one but lost my buddy list and all the emails i would have had ive tried emailing msn help but aint got a reply . I ve emailed the account name and its bounced
Yeah you must log into MSN within 30 days or they close your account but usually you can retrieve your account.
Old 01-03-2005, 14:19   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
Yeah you must log into MSN within 30 days or they close your account but usually you can retrieve your account.
cheers will email em again or try to find out how to retrieve it jsut the worry have how much space do you get with an msn email gonna take me ages going through em
Old 01-03-2005, 14:34   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockrabbit
cheers will email em again or try to find out how to retrieve it jsut the worry have how much space do you get with an msn email gonna take me ages going through em
You get 250 MB of storeage so yeah your gonna have a lot of e-mails to sort lol! Just tried having a look how to retrieve an old account but couldn't find anything of any help soz!!
Old 01-03-2005, 14:55   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
You get 250 MB of storeage so yeah your gonna have a lot of e-mails to sort lol! Just tried having a look how to retrieve an old account but couldn't find anything of any help soz!!
thx for trying will have a look myself couldnt find anythign out when ive looked before
Old 02-03-2005, 08:51   #7
God Member

They only save your account for a small while after that i think it s deleted becuase if you log in to your account over 30 days it normally says that the account name has been reserved for you and this contains all your old emails i think
Old 02-03-2005, 10:28   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Timmins
They only save your account for a small while after that i think it s deleted becuase if you log in to your account over 30 days it normally says that the account name has been reserved for you and this contains all your old emails i think
Thx ive emailed msn customer service again to find out
Old 02-03-2005, 10:34   #9
Junior Member+

Cool Re: msn accounts

yes if u dont use it in 2 months
luke727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 13:08   #10
God Member

When I tried this last time none of my mails were saved, I just got the account back..
andrewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 13:55   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfr
When I tried this last time none of my mails were saved, I just got the account back..
i cant get an answer off them anyway just had an email off them saying there to busy at this moment in time and to try again in a few days
Old 04-03-2005, 15:53   #12
God Member

If you try loging in to the old account I think it allows you to renew it..
andrewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 15:56   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfr
If you try loging in to the old account I think it allows you to renew it..
It just keeps telling me the password or screen name is wrong

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..