Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Church (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f123/)
-   -   Area around Stag Pub (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f123/area-around-stag-pub-5395.html)

pendy 29-09-2004 16:21

Re: Area around Stag Pub

Quote:

Originally Posted by staggeringman
:drink:if its little ghosty pigs i am looking for ,they better watch it...im after there bacon.

Oh goody, then we won't have to bring sandwiches, we can make bacon ones on the spot!

WillowTheWhisp 29-09-2004 16:46

mmmmmmmmmmm bacon butties. I may just be persuaded to join in.

Doug 29-09-2004 16:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
mmmmmmmmmmm bacon butties. I may just be persuaded to join in.

I think you’ll both find that these would be ghastly ghostly bacon butties has we only have the piggies heads not the important bits like a body. However, if you can convince this most excellent of hosts (another word for highway man) to provide us with access to his well stocked caller for a ghostly sittin, I will provide the HP, bacon and the bread for the butties…..

WillowTheWhisp 29-09-2004 18:08

Can I have cheese and garlic sauce with mine please?

Tealeaf 30-09-2004 23:22

1 Attachment(s)
some strange things in the tap room in the Stag earlier tonight.....we may have seen the ghost behind the bar...anyway, I think I may have taken a bit of a picture. The picture is a little blurred, but lets know what you think.

WillowTheWhisp 30-09-2004 23:26

a little blurred?:confused:

All I can make out is a glass there with an apparent drink in it. Are you confusing spirits with spirits? :D

Doug 30-09-2004 23:29

I can't see what all the bloody fuss is about. You daft buggers there's now't wrong with that picture at all. The bar always looks like that to me.

Tealeaf 30-09-2004 23:29

I was completely sober........the strange thing is, I think the ghost has got into the piccy....how come it's not come out as a thumbnail piccy?

Doug 30-09-2004 23:36

You having trouble with your attachments Tea.

staggeringman 01-10-2004 01:14

:drink:i know what the crack is have you ever had a bacon butty that no white stuff come out of.It was thick and tasted reet, you didnt have to disguise the stuff as if it was in the S.A.S. it was just pure bacon,but wat bloody good stuff it was.

staggeringman 01-10-2004 01:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf
I was completely sober........the strange thing is, I think the ghost has got into the piccy....how come it's not come out as a thumbnail piccy?

:drink:yooou tealeaf i bet you dont have a sesh on that whiskey beer you could be anybody after that, the hulk ,spider man ,captain marvel, or just plain ****ed up tealeaf beware you have been warned.

staggeringman 01-10-2004 01:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug
I can't see what all the bloody fuss is about. You daft buggers there's now't wrong with that picture at all. The bar always looks like that to me.

:drink:doug man of my thinking just got to press the right keeeys

WillowTheWhisp 01-10-2004 07:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf

Now that is odd. The format of the wassaname looks exactly the same as others so how strange that it doesn't show as a thumbnail.

Atarah 03-10-2004 16:19

a better view of "Area around Stag Pub"

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, now managed to get hold of an actual postcard, which is much better for copying.
I have read that in 1882 a new Police Station was opened near the Stag Inn, and then in 1883 the Magistrates Courts were opened.

George Walker 03-10-2004 16:51

Hi,Atarah.The picture of the old police station is brilliant.You will notice the
old Co op to the far right.The two houses attached to the police station
were used by the inspectors.