Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Community Talk General Hyndburn community chat.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2012, 06:08   #46

Re: is this true ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebtelford View Post
I asked on another forum if the concentration of (false) claims nationwide could be related to areas where ethnic minorities lived - got no real answer.

I think legislation should be introduced so that a lie detector may be used to to test the validity of insurance claims. (No criminal implications - just an OK or a Sod Off!)
I see the police are now using lie detectors to speed up investigations - eliminate innocent suspects etc. BUT (putting my cynical hat on) maybe the insurance companies aren't too keen on combating fraud - after all Increased Turnover = Increased Profits - and the costs get passed on to the customer anyway!
davebtelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-01-2012, 18:19   #47
God Member

My son unfortunately bumped the back of a land rover recently, standing at traffic lights and his foot slipped off the brake, he hardly touched the land rover and the van wasnt damaged, yet the driver of the other vehicle claimed over £8000, he is a white, English businessman from Rossendale, our insurance just paid out without too much in the way of investigation, sorry for the thread wander, I have no idea what the black material is for, but Im willing to bet Entwisi is right!
Old 04-01-2012, 19:29   #48

seen these many times, I have been told it ia a symbol that represents support for the taliban and that was from a very nice westernised pakistan chap who I have known for years !!!
duggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 21:37   #49
JFT96

If you google it, you will find the truth. Actually just read post#30

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:24   #50
Full Member+

Just browsing around, love the humour /banter. Cracked me up this morning.!
westendlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 20:12   #51
Senior Member+

Quote:
I asked on another forum if the concentration of (false) claims nationwide could be related to areas where ethnic minorities lived - got no real answer.

I think legislation should be introduced so that a lie detector may be used to to test the validity of insurance claims. (No criminal implications - just an OK or a Sod Off!)
Lie Detector should never ever ever be used in any serious manner. They are not 100%
Old 08-02-2013, 20:17   #52
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Lie Detector should never ever ever be used in any serious manner. They are not 100%
Wanna Bet ? Ask any married man & I'm sure he'll tell you the one indoors is usually pretty spot on.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:25   #53
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Wanna Bet ? Ask any married man & I'm sure he'll tell you the one indoors is usually pretty spot on.
Don't know about the other half Dave but the old lady certainly was, once remember coming home at 1am when I was 17 and the old lady was waiting up for me, I stagger in she takes one look at me, and yells DRUNK AGAIN, I just answered ya mum so am I, so am I
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 15:35   #54
God Member

Quote:
It's time you learned how to fool them. Tell them the truth. Their belief that you lie to them is so ingrained that they won't believe you. So, if you had been next door with your recently divorced, horney neighbour, tell her that when she asks to know where you were, and what you were doing. And when she demands to know what you were REALLY doing, confess to being out with your buds, drinking beer, munching on wings, and watching UFC.
DaveinGermany likes this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 17:15   #55
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
It's time you learned how to fool them. Tell them the truth. Their belief that you lie to them is so ingrained that they won't believe you. So, if you had been next door with your recently divorced, horney neighbour, tell her that when she asks to know where you were, and what you were doing. And when she demands to know what you were REALLY doing, confess to being out with your buds, drinking beer, munching on wings, and watching UFC.
how very true Eric how very true
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 18:44   #56
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
It's time you learned how to fool them.
All well & good Eric, but that's a logical approach & as such, dealing with F.U.R. (Female unreasonable reasoning) is as useful as bacon butties in a mosque.
Old 15-02-2013, 19:05   #57
God Member

Quote:
All well & good Eric, but that's a logical approach & as such, dealing with F.U.R. (Female unreasonable reasoning) is as useful as bacon butties in a mosque.
Maybe ... but bacon butties in a mosque are damned useful. Clears out the premises real good. Lancashire's answer to the suicide bomb And the followers of the prophet of peace, love, public amputations, and wife battering would never come back after such a profane act. I suppose the building could be used for new dollar store.

Did I say "dollar" ... I meant "pound". By the way, don't you guys realize you are getting ripped of. The Chinese junk (that was accidental by the way) you guys pay a pound for, costs me only a buck
Old 16-02-2013, 01:45   #58
God Member

Quote:
I see the police are now using lie detectors to speed up investigations - eliminate innocent suspects etc. BUT (putting my cynical hat on) maybe the insurance companies aren't too keen on combating fraud - after all Increased Turnover = Increased Profits - and the costs get passed on to the customer anyway!
Somewhere on the road from lie detectors to bacon butties, I forgot to ask about the law and lie detectors. Am I right in presuming that anyone can refuse a test, and that the refusal cannot be used in evidence against him? So if the officer asks: "Would you be prepared to take a lie detector test?"; are you within your rights when you tell him to shove it up his ass?
Old 16-02-2013, 08:06   #59

Quote:
Somewhere on the road from lie detectors to bacon butties, I forgot to ask about the law and lie detectors. Am I right in presuming that anyone can refuse a test, and that the refusal cannot be used in evidence against him? So if the officer asks: "Would you be prepared to take a lie detector test?"; are you within your rights when you tell him to shove it up his ass?
Probably in a criminal matter, but the settling of an insurance claim would, initially, be a civil matter. I don't think most genuine claimants would object to a lie detector test if it speeded up their settlement & highlighted which cases needed more careful examination.
davebtelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2013, 15:33   #60
God Member

Quote:
Probably in a criminal matter, but the settling of an insurance claim would, initially, be a civil matter. I don't think most genuine claimants would object to a lie detector test if it speeded up their settlement & highlighted which cases needed more careful examination.
If the insurance companies are in favour of it, it's probably not a good idea. With all the money they make, careful examination of all cases should not be a problem. I see it as a way to increase profits while offering less service. If the increased profits result in lower premiums, it would be a great idea ... but don't hold your breath.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..