Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Community Talk General Hyndburn community chat.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-02-2007, 12:15   #16

Re: Our Town??

??? explain willow?
jimmyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-02-2007, 13:14   #17
Resident Waffler

The Observer, if it absolutely has to, refers to AccyWeb in the vaguest of terms - things like "a local message forum" or even "a website"

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2007, 13:20   #18

do we know why???
jimmyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2007, 14:30   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjim View Post
do we know why???
Probably because a lot of comments on accyweb are anti Britcliffe and HBC.

Maybe if Roy put Britcliffes picture as the main website picture they'd get more recognition in the Observer
Old 21-02-2007, 14:31   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle View Post

but also the truth, and mp's dont seem to like the truth
Old 21-02-2007, 14:36   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle View Post

Maybe if Roy put Britcliffes picture as the main website picture they'd get more recognition in the Observer
maybe if we got Roy to organise the HBC web site it wouldnt be the complete waste of money and usless crock of !?~# it is
Old 21-02-2007, 14:36   #22
God Member

this is true but unfortunately roy aint here to do so
Old 21-02-2007, 14:38   #23
God Member

Well if I was Roy I'd be reluctant to put my name to anything regarding the HBC. Everything they're connected with has a way of going tits up!
Old 21-02-2007, 19:17   #24

you see the power of the accyweb................... left work at half five.... walked into Accy..... called for a beer in the "BOARS".... and..... which councillor has THREE wheely bins emptied every other week now thats what we are looking for!!!!
Old 21-02-2007, 22:35   #25

your poem sums up my feelings about accy i wish there is something we could do thanks
spinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2007, 23:35   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

read it last week in the observer, didn,t realise you were on here jimmy, well done,great sentiments.
Old 21-02-2007, 23:48   #27
Give, give, give member

As I replied in another thread, but which ha remained unanswered, how is Accrington worse than anywhere else in the country?

Plus points about our area:

Relatively affordable housing, compared with the rest of the country.

Great, friendly people.

Fantastic countryside on our doorstep.

An adequate supply of good social housing.

A range of schools, from good to middling.

A well used and lively internet forum.

Affordable and good quality food stuff at the local market.

I've lived all over the UK, and found everywhere has it's problems. Be it the poor employment rates in Cornwall. Lack of affordable housing for young people in many parts of the country, particularly in the south-east, but also in any area where people move into and force out the locals. Drugs in rural areas are as rife as in the larger towns and cities. Also those same places don't usually have the youth clubs, drama societies, swimming and sports centres, libraries, parks etc, that we have in Hyndburn.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2007, 00:15   #28

[quote=garinda;386708]As I replied in another thread, but which ha remained unanswered, how is Accrington worse than anywhere else in the country?

Plus points about our area:

A range of schools, from good to middling.

A
Affordable and good quality food stuff at the local market.

drug dealing is rife in accy and people are selling them in broad daylight. its a small town and the police shouldnt hav too much trouble in catching them. they just dont give a damn as they live in nicer areas and know their families wont be affected. also theirs no decent jobs here and the schools are awful oh the fruit market doesnt sell much local stuff . the only good point i can think of is the fantastic taste of the drinking water best in uk
spinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2007, 00:23   #29
God Member

It is rubbish to say the police in any area take a blind eye to drug dealing.. no way!.. if you really do belive this to be the case them go to any police station and take your case.. complete rubbish..I'll bet most drug deals are done in daylight.. but I'll also bet you have to have a keen eye to detect them.. you seem to have valuable information in this sort of thing Spinner.. if you feel strongly about this then maybe you should give the Police your information.

Last edited by Mancie; 22-02-2007 at 00:30.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2007, 00:28   #30
Give, give, give member

Trust me, drugs are rife throughout the country, from pretty Ribble Valley villages to the Highlands of Scotland. It's a national issue, not just a local one.

As for the food market. All the vegetables I buy are local, as is the bacon and most of the meat, and it's better, and more keenly priced, than the supermarket rubbish, making my carbon foot print positively tiny.

I started a thread when the leader of our council said we should wear rose tinted spectacles. We do have problems here, but we have less than a lot of other places. A lot of the things that people complain about in Accy are applicable nationwide, and not just to this area.

On the whole I love living here.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..