Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Community Talk General Hyndburn community chat.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-02-2007, 13:16   #46

Re: Our Town??

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
That's wrong, every area is affected by drugs, and blighted by the crime that fund it.

Also if you know of anyone openly dealing drugs report them. I have, and the police acted on the information, so you're wrong there too.
well good for you but i did exactly the same thing and the police did not act on the info because the dealer was friendly with a councilller who regularly goes to the police to put in a good word for such thugs. thats whats wrong with accrington
spinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-02-2007, 13:17   #47

and thats the kind of trash I want to get at.......
Old 22-02-2007, 13:23   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjim View Post
and thats the kind of trash I want to get at.......
exactly i think the likes of peter britcliffe allow their collegues to mess around with no regard for peoples lives but more importantly have you any ideas about what we can do?
spinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2007, 14:18   #49
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinner View Post
well good for you but i did exactly the same thing and the police did not act on the info because the dealer was friendly with a councilller who regularly goes to the police to put in a good word for such thugs. thats whats wrong with accrington
If that's true I'll eat my hat.

Name the councillor.

I bet you don't.

Load of old rubbish. If there is corruption, there is always someone else you can go to. Your MP, or the press would be my first port of call.

So as well as knowing someone who was openly selling drugs, you uncovered a drug dealer/local councillor/local police corruption scandal, but did nothing about it?

Shame on you.

Go on, if what you say is true, name the councillor and I'll go to the press with it.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2007, 14:19   #50
Give, give, give member

Quote:
have you any ideas about what we can do?

Yeah, stop moaning and actually do something about it.

Old 22-02-2007, 14:24   #51
Resident Waffler

Sorry Rindy, I misunderstood what you meant.

I'm all in favour of complaining and reporting things that need to be dealt with whatever they are.

One of my pet bugbears is rubbish. They must be sick of me phoning up with my complaints about that.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2007, 14:28   #52

willow,
i drove arround the borough earlier in the week taking pictures of some of the ****tiest dumps i could find... im just in the process of putting together a comprehensive letter and photographs for the prats ... i,ll send you a copy of the finished artical if you want
Old 22-02-2007, 14:28   #53
Give, give, give member

Spinner, if for some reason you don't have the strength of your convictions, or for some reason are too afraid to name here the corrupt local councillor, pm the name to me, and I'll post that you've done it, and I will then go to ther press with this sensational story.

Old 22-02-2007, 14:35   #54
Resident Waffler

If there is corruption in the council and police force Spinner it's a scandal which needs to be eradicated. Is this what you wrote to Greg Pope about?

Old 22-02-2007, 14:41   #55
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Spinner, if for some reason you don't have the strength of your convictions, or for some reason are too afraid to name here the corrupt local councillor, pm the name to me, and I'll post that you've done it, and I will then go to ther press with this sensational story.

I agree with garinda here spinner if you know of such corruption the only way to stop it is bring it out into the open...
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2007, 14:45   #56

Quote:
Spinner, i would gladly look more into this for you.... a little investigation can go a long way.... you are more than welcome to send me an email with a name....
Old 22-02-2007, 14:46   #57
Resident Waffler

I have sent you a PM Jimmy.

Old 22-02-2007, 14:50   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
I have sent you a PM Jimmy.
thanks Willow ... got it... will get it to you over the weekend
Old 22-02-2007, 14:52   #59
Give, give, give member

Spinner did send me the name of a councillor.

Thank you.

Old 22-02-2007, 14:54   #60
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I loved the poem Jimmyjim, a lot of it rings true. There are many threads on here about our incompetent council so if you have a root through some of the older threads you are bound to find a few issues.

Our town has deteriorated over the years, but so have most places in the UK. It seems that the nation's penchant for bowing to the PC brigade has caused the death of common sense. Instead of dealing with major issues, we now skirt round them for fear of offending someone, breaching their human rights or other such nonsense.

Back here in Accy, How much money has been wasted on Broadway over the years?

Removing A-level courses from Accy college saw the death of trade in the town centre. I always remember students having lunch breaks in the town centre, Swan pub, etc. Any town which has students, thrives.... Blackburn, Preston and Burnley all have livelier town centres and nightlife these days and I do believe that it is because they have a student population.

HBC do not take full advantage of the laws of the land. The community wardens could rake in a vast income for HBC by issuing on the spot fines for littering etc. and not just in the town centre. Not only would this revenue keep them in jobs but it would provide income for more wardens to be employed in all areas of Accy. It would only take a few people to be charged with littering and fined heftily for the message to get through. I am not talking about fines of £40-£50 here but the full £1,000.

The police here do act on information about drug dealers. We have had several arrested and imprisoned in my area. If you have a problem Spinner, then you need to report it. If it is a case of corruption, especially within the police and local council, then report it to the Police complaints commission and the press. If you do not act on your information then you have no right to complain about the situation.

That's my twopennorth on Accy, I am here because my family are, but I have seen a definite deterioration both in our town and in the country as a whole.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..