Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Community Talk General Hyndburn community chat.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-02-2007, 00:31   #31
Give, give, give member

Re: Our Town??

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinner View Post
drug dealing is rife in accy and people are selling them in broad daylight. its a small town and the police shouldnt hav too much trouble in catching them. they just dont give a damn as they live in nicer areas and know their families wont be affected. also theirs no decent jobs here and the schools are awful oh the fruit market doesnt sell much local stuff . the only good point i can think of is the fantastic taste of the drinking water best in uk
That's wrong, every area is affected by drugs, and blighted by the crime that fund it.

Also if you know of anyone openly dealing drugs report them. I have, and the police acted on the information, so you're wrong there too.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-02-2007, 00:38   #32
Give, give, give member

Quote:
also theirs no decent jobs here and the schools are awful oh the fruit market doesnt sell much local stuff . the only good point i can think of is the fantastic taste of the drinking water best in uk

The local job market, is neither worse than anywhere else in the country. In a way we are lucky as it isn't seasonal, like it is in many prettier and affluent looking areas, which suffer higher unemployment rates than we do.

Again, the schools here are no better or worse than anywhere else in the UK. Any problems also apply nationally.

Old 22-02-2007, 00:44   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
That's wrong, every area is affected by drugs, and blighted by the crime that fund it.

Also if you know of anyone openly dealing drugs report them. I have, and the police acted on the information, so you're wrong there too.
and you grassed on the ducks..for drugs
http://www.metzerfarms.com/raise.htm
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2007, 00:47   #34
God Member

see what your saying rindy but if locals see a problem with their town and arent happy with the way its being run then surely they have a right to try and change it.
IMO if accy is causing its locals problems ,then its time they were sorted .It may be a nationwide problem but it is down to the locals to voice their opinions on their OWN town because if they didnt it would continue to be the same as everywhere else and surely if thats the case the said problems would only get worse through people ignoring them ..
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2007, 00:47   #35
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
and you grassed on the ducks..for drugs
http://www.metzerfarms.com/raise.htm

Sadly I waited six minutes for you to post that.

Nighty night. I'm off collect my informant money.

Old 22-02-2007, 00:52   #36
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
see what your saying rindy but if locals see a problem with their town and arent happy with the way its being run then surely they have a right to try and change it.
IMO if accy is causing its locals problems ,then its time they were sorted .It may be a nationwide problem but it is down to the locals to voice their opinions on their OWN town because if they didnt it would continue to be the same as everywhere else and surely if thats the case the said problems would only get worse through people ignoring them ..
In part I quite agree. We have every right to complain about local issues that effect us, but in this case it seems soley to assume the problems are unique to Hyndburn/Accrington, they aren't.

There isn't this wonderful UK Shangri La, where there is no anti-social behaviour, drug problems, crime etc.

We have lots to be thankful for compared with other places in the country.

Old 22-02-2007, 00:59   #37
Give, give, give member

Quote:
also theirs no decent jobs here
Good jobs? That's open to debate. Hyndburn is well situated to access courses offering both academic and vocational qualifications, which could be studied part time if need be, and would greatly enhance your chance of getting a better job.

Only a lucky few get lifes riches handed to them on a silver plate, most have to get off their arse and earn it.

Old 22-02-2007, 01:00   #38
God Member

We have lots to be thankful for compared with other places in the country

and accy could be much better G if people take on the issues that concern them ..ie wanting to walk the streets safely , getiing a decent night life back , ridding the streets of drugs and crime .. we have heard so many times on here just how bad it is ie ..mick and less for instance coming home form pub getting abuse ... and if there is someone out there that is willing to try and do something about all this then good on them i say... .....

I know its a long shot but wouldnt it be good to hear that accy is finally becomeing one of the safest places to be....
Old 22-02-2007, 01:06   #39
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
and accy could be much better G if people take on the issues that concern them ..ie wanting to walk the streets safely , getiing a decent night life back , ridding the streets of drugs and crime .. we have heard so many times on here just how bad it is ie ..mick and less for instance coming home form pub getting abuse ... and if there is someone out there that is willing to try and do something about all this then good on them i say... .....

I know its a long shot but wouldnt it be good to hear that accy is finally becomeing one of the safest places to be....
Yes it would. But I don't know how highlighting problems in the local press will change anything though. Like I said, I think the problems would be better tackled nationally.

Got a problem? See your councillor, see your MP. Know about drug dealers/louts/vandals? Report them to the police. That's what they are there for, and they do act, I know personally.

In my experience direct action brings about much better results than just moaning about problems, here or in the local press.

Old 22-02-2007, 01:19   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Yes it would. But I don't know how highlighting problems in the local press will change anything though. Like I said, I think the problems would be better tackled nationally.

dont fully agree rindy ..imo your local press can be one of your strongest weapons ..and if more towns/cities can see one town making a vast improvement then it will slowly be tackled nationally.

Got a problem? See your councillor, see your MP. Know about drug dealers/louts/vandals? Report them to the police. That's what they are there fore, and they do act, I know personally.

fully agree .in order to try and conquer any local issues know your community.. observe the problems and troublemakers with much detail , log, report and keep recordsit is one of the many things that can help IMO

In my experience direct action brings about much better results than just moaning about problems, here or in the local press.

and jimmi is one who dosent want to moan but act...but yes i agree action speaks louder than word...
Old 22-02-2007, 09:03   #41
Resident Waffler

I see nothing wrong with wanting to improve things. Some of the 'improvements' we've had in the past have been a bit lacking in imagination. Why shouldn't Accrington strive to be something better?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2007, 11:22   #42
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Why shouldn't Accrington strive to be something better?

No reason at all. My gripe was with people moaning about local drug dealers, and not reporting it because the police don't live in the area, which is rubbish. Being proactive, rather than always complaing, is much more useful to any area of the country, including Accy.

Old 22-02-2007, 11:39   #43

Its obviously a very important subject to a lot of people.... the point i was trying to make, in a way ( with the poem) that people would sit up and say, "thats right", was that for too long as an individual i have sat on the fence and gone along with the bull**** that we as citizans are fed by, not just this council, but them all.... Well from now on i will be there to question and queery everything that does not improve the area, everything that degrades or affects the living conditions of us all.
Old 22-02-2007, 11:42   #44
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjim View Post
Its obviously a very important subject to a lot of people.... the point i was trying to make, in a way ( with the poem) that people would sit up and say, "thats right", was that for too long as an individual i have sat on the fence and gone along with the bull**** that we as citizans are fed by, not just this council, but them all.... Well from now on i will be there to question and queery everything that does not improve the area, everything that degrades or affects the living conditions of us all.

Good for you.

Old 22-02-2007, 12:13   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjim View Post

If more people adopted that attitude (including myself) then maybe it would make the powers that be sit up and listen...

good on ya .. hope you get a positive outcome

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..