Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Forum News > Feedback, Suggestions and help!
Donate! Join Today

Feedback, Suggestions and help! Do you need any help with the forum? Do you like what you see? Do you want more sections? Any ideas to improve the forum welcome. Any problems please report here as well.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-09-2008, 07:35   #61
God Member

Re: Aster1x swear**g.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
wouldnt be so bad if they kept the use to over 18s.
I myself have used asterisks in the past but then was asked (not personally) in a general thread by the mods not too, along with other members.
Since, most have stopped myself included, but others seem to think that they can get away with it because they have so many times.

I too kicked the asterisk habit a while ago now......(**** just for old times sake..lol)
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-09-2008, 14:44   #62
Apprentice Geriatric

Exclamation Re: Aster1x swear**g.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
My comments aren't aimed at any particular person.
You could have fooled me.
Quote:
Jambutty, if you want to continue posting foul four letter words, there are plenty of adult sites were your bad language might be more appreciated. The majority of us here at Accy Web don't appreciate it, and quoting a karma message is no excuse.
You know as well as I do that I was QUOTING what someone had put whilst awarding some Karma.
Quote:
and we do have members who are children
Never a truer word spoken.
Old 23-09-2008, 14:48   #63
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I reported that as well and gave him bad karma for it. It has now been deleted along with a few other posts regarding it. I hope he received a severe warning for that, maybe a life ban would be ok
Tell the truth Neil.

In your hurry to give me a piece of your mind you made the elementary and embarrassing error of awarding good Karma.
Old 23-09-2008, 15:10   #64
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
Tell the truth Neil.

In your hurry to give me a piece of your mind you made the elementary and embarrassing error of awarding good Karma.
You on one again Butt?

How long does it take you to keep up with a grudge?

that was posted at the start of the month and only one person finds fit to bring it BACK up?

Get a life, PLEASE!

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2008, 15:40   #65
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Aster1x swear**g.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
You on one again Butt?

How long does it take you to keep up with a grudge?

that was posted at the start of the month and only one person finds fit to bring it BACK up?

Get a life, PLEASE!

Just where in the rules does it state that there is a time limit on posting in threads?

Let me see if I have got this right – when someone else brings up my past posts it is OK and applauded by certain members, but when I do exactly the same it is not OK and receives puerile comments.

If anyone needs to get a life it is you Less and whilst you’re at it, growing up would help.
Old 23-09-2008, 15:55   #66
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Just where in the rules does it state that there is a time limit on posting in threads?

Let me see if I have got this right – when someone else brings up my past posts it is OK and applauded by certain members, but when I do exactly the same it is not OK and receives puerile comments.

If anyone needs to get a life it is you Less and whilst you’re at it, growing up would help.

At it again Butt are you?

I don't need to quote the rules to you, you spend most of your time reading them so you can gain pleasure reporting even the slightest infraction.

I might need to grow up, (if your an example of what that means, no thanks), but you need to read what you've posted over the past year then in one of your lucid moments you'd realise you didn't used to be so senile.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2008, 16:04   #67
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
At it again Butt are you?

I don't need to quote the rules to you, you spend most of your time reading them so you can gain pleasure reporting even the slightest infraction.

I might need to grow up, (if your an example of what that means, no thanks), but you need to read what you've posted over the past year then in one of your lucid moments you'd realise you didn't used to be so senile.

Sticks and stones Less, sticks and stones!
Old 23-09-2008, 18:07   #68
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Tell the truth Neil.

Not me mate, I don't make that mistake. I have given you both good and bad but it was never an accident. I also dont think I have ever but swear words in a karma message
Old 23-09-2008, 19:28   #69

would it maybe be an idea to have a general 'argument' thread? that way everytime ppl wanna go off subject and bicker, they can go on there and not interfere with the OP??
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2008, 19:29   #70
Resident Waffler

Wouldn't that only be encouraging them to argue?

Mind you, I do remember donkeys ages back a message board I co-Admined where we had 'the argybargy' board for a while.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2008, 19:32   #71

a lot of threads seem to turn into bickering anyway, dependant on whos osting, so at least it would keep the OP open for a proper debate
Old 23-09-2008, 19:33   #72
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyme View Post
would it maybe be an idea to have a general 'argument' thread? that way everytime ppl wanna go off subject and bicker, they can go on there and not interfere with the OP??

That wouldnt be so bad but you can bet someone will carry it over to another thread lol...
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2008, 19:34   #73

At least Mick would have somewhere to shove them over to tho lol
Old 23-09-2008, 19:37   #74
Resting in Peace

Arguing is one thing this thread is about bad language and that is not encouraged on this family forum
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2008, 03:11   #75
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Not me mate, I don't make that mistake. I have given you both good and bad but it was never an accident. I also dont think I have ever but swear words in a karma message
You know Neil, you are right it wasn’t you.

When I woke up half an hour or so ago I did so with the thought in my head that it wasn’t you but someone else.

My apologies.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..