Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Forum News > Feedback, Suggestions and help!
Donate! Join Today

Feedback, Suggestions and help! Do you need any help with the forum? Do you like what you see? Do you want more sections? Any ideas to improve the forum welcome. Any problems please report here as well.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2006, 22:51   #76
God Member

Re: Password.

oo wowzers that was my 500th post!!

id like to thank.....
haha
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-01-2006, 11:33   #77
Give, give, give member

Off thread I know but just like to inform anyone remotely interested, Less and I have settled our differences, and are mates again.

Thanks for your input, especially Simon, nice to have you back posting mate.

End of discussion.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2006, 12:11   #78
God Member

Garinda.. For someone who cries free speech all the time you do an awfull lot of ending discussions and getting threads closed down.... Perhaps your special and free speech doesn't apply if your the subject?

Just an observation ... thats all... heres a smile to prove it
Old 13-01-2006, 12:14   #79
Member.

Don’t you just love it when that happens?

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2006, 12:14   #80
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
Garinda.. For someone who cries free speech all the time you do an awfull lot of ending discussions and getting threads closed down.... Perhaps your special and free speech doesn't apply if your the subject?

Just an observation ... thats all... heres a smile to prove it

One thread taken off, and only because I was asked to.

I meant it was my last post, until you posted, and I had to answer.

I didn't want Less getting anymore stick, when things are resolved, and he's accepted my appology.

What can I say? I'm an enigma, and unlike some not perfect.

Old 13-01-2006, 12:18   #81
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
Less, I do appologise, I have obviously upset you, and I'm sorry.

Christ turning forty one has been about appolgising, and nothing else since Saturday.
Menopause come early :P
Old 13-01-2006, 13:00   #82
Len
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
Off thread I know but just like to inform anyone remotely interested, Less and I have settled our differences, and are mates again.

Thanks for your input, especially Simon, nice to have you back posting mate.

End of discussion.
Well we're glad you chaps have made up. It did start to resemble that a bar brawl had taken place here.
We appreciate that you had created this thread with good intensions, to warn others about being careless with their passwords but at the same time it also suggested that your account may have been cracked by some unknown person, which it hadn’t.

We also would like to thank Chav1 for holding up his hand and saying it was me, by doing that he has saved us a whole load of work, having to investigate who had in fact done it. We also don’t think Chav1 had to go out of his way to acquire your password.

At the end of the day everyone;

It is the user’s own responsibility to protect his or her account by keeping their password secret.

By allowing friends access to your password or leaving it lying around, you may well have to suffer the consequences, you never know what they are going to do; you could even end up being banned for something you didn’t do.

So please take care of your Passwords.
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2006, 13:53   #83
Give, give, give member

Thanks Len.

In my defence, and the reason why I started this thread before it got out of hand, was that I never told anyone my password. Chav was in the room and watched and memorised it months ago. He's good I'll give him that!

It did make me sit up and think about security, especially like I posted I stupidly used the same password for everything.

Anyway onwards and upwards, we are all friends again, and I've appologised for going about this in the totally wrong way.

Old 13-01-2006, 20:07   #84
Accy Goddess

Glad things have been sorted guy's
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2006, 23:39   #85
white rabbits

it all makes interesting posts.... its like corrie or emmerdale...cant wait for the next bit..
Old 14-01-2006, 00:06   #86
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret
it all makes interesting posts.... its like corrie or emmerdale...cant wait for the next bit..

Granny your bad.

You'll get my contract terminated, I'll end up in a coffin with Fred Elliot, and turn up in Hollyoaks.

Old 14-01-2006, 00:11   #87
Member.

I would have said Big Brother with a touch of the Likely Lads. There where some good points made though and I’m pleased the thread was left open.

It was quite entertaining and no doubt some valuable lessons were learnt by more than one individual, looking forward to the next episode of “Password”

Actually there are quite a few questions left unanswered - Just what was chav1 doing in his room in the first place? - Was it a room with a View? - What was doing peering over his shoulder? Will anybody break the silence and *iss and tell?

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 14-01-2006, 00:14   #88
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
I would have said Big Brother with a touch of the Likely Lads. There where some good points made though and I’m pleased the thread was left open.

It was quite entertaining and no doubt some valuable lessons were learnt by more than one individual, looking forward to the next episode of “Password”

Actually there are quite a few questions left unanswered - Just what was chav1 doing in his room in the first place? - Was it a room with a View? - What was doing peering over his shoulder? Will anybody break the silence and *iss and tell?
Chav's my mucker, and came when my pc had a virus. He's quite happy with all the fuss, as he's got karma for all his monkey business.

Old 14-01-2006, 00:16   #89
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
Just what was chav1 doing in his room
robbing his house
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2006, 00:22   #90
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
robbing his house
Subtle............

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..