Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   weather?? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/weather-29920.html)

MargaretR 12-02-2009 18:43

Re: weather??

When we had that scortching hot summer 2 years ago I desperately tried to buy a mobile airconditioning machine and they were sold out.

I eventually got one in a January sale (be prepared for next time I thought)

It has been used for less than 24 hours in total in the 2 years since.:o

It has an alternative function as a BIG fan heater - which might be needed someday:rolleyes:

Bernard Dawson 12-02-2009 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 678977)
When we had that scortching hot summer 2 years ago I desperately tried to buy a mobile airconditioning machine and they were sold out.

I eventually got one in a January sale (be prepared for next time I thought)

It has been used for less than 24 hours in total in the 2 years since.:o

It has an alternative function as a BIG fan heater - which might be needed someday:rolleyes:

Which scortching hot summer was that Margaret?

MargaretR 12-02-2009 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Owen (Post 679004)
Which scortching hot summer was that Margaret?

You don't remember :eek:
...you need to change your butcher ;)

Eric 12-02-2009 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by panther (Post 678973)
Can ya imagine getting the BBQ out now?, id get some right funny looks!!, LOL...but i bet it would smell bloody good and taste:)

Damn right it would smell and taste good ... imagine, out onto the ice, dig a hole, pull out some fat Walleye's, then home to the bbq ... a nice white wine chilling in the snowbank ..... mmmmmm:theband: if you live in a country where real winter weather is a given, you might as well get out and enjoy it ..... :mosher:

Eric 19-02-2009 19:03

Snowing today ... snowed yesterday ... and tomorrow, snow.

Eric 19-02-2009 19:05

Just checked the long range forcast, and it looks like we might get ... you guessed it ... more snow:Banane49:

panther 20-02-2009 20:29

Im fed up with snow now, want sun!!!

Eric 20-02-2009 20:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by panther (Post 683299)
Im fed up with snow now, want sun!!!

It's snowing here ... and the forcast for tomorrow, more snow .... we started winter weather here in the last two weeks of October, and winter is still going strong. I've worn out one snow shovel, and have had to have my skates sharpenned 4 times .... but I still use the bbq, and all you have to do to get fresh fish is drill a hole in the ice.:theband:

steeljack 26-02-2009 19:07

Eric , ever thought about buying one of these for getting around Kingston , a 1924 concept vehicle , film is a bit slow to start , but interesting when it gets going

Snow Vehicle Concept (1924)

Eric 26-02-2009 19:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeljack (Post 685636)
Eric , ever thought about buying one of these for getting around Kingston , a 1924 concept vehicle , film is a bit slow to start , but interesting when it gets going

Snow Vehicle Concept (1924)

Wow ... is that ever a neat vehicle .... I wish I had enough engineering knowledge to figure out why those "wheels" lost out to the tracked snowmobiles .... :confused:

ossy kid 26-02-2009 21:20

Weather??? Last week I was golfing and today 6inch of the white stuff. The good news, we,re heading down to Palm Springs for the month of March, 78 deg down there today. Golf, golf and more golf.

Eric 26-02-2009 22:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by ossy kid (Post 685716)
Weather??? Last week I was golfing and today 6inch of the white stuff. The good news, we,re heading down to Palm Springs for the month of March, 78 deg down there today. Golf, golf and more golf.

My golf clubs will be hanging out in the basement for a while yet:mad: But at least I can fish all year round ... as long as I leave Canada for Tyendenaga:mosher:

ossy kid 26-02-2009 22:52

You,ll have to explain that last bit Eric? My fishing license only costs me $6 this year and I intend to make the best of it.

Eric 27-02-2009 02:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by ossy kid (Post 685776)
You,ll have to explain that last bit Eric? My fishing license only costs me $6 this year and I intend to make the best of it.

Oh, Tyendenaga is First Nations territory ..... Bay of Quinte Mohawks.

jaysay 27-02-2009 10:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 685821)
Oh, Tyendenaga is First Nations territory ..... Bay of Quinte Mohawks.

Be careful Eric them Mohawks are good with them Tomahawks:D