Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   weather?? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/weather-29920.html)

Polly_45 21-01-2009 01:05

Re: weather??

Quote:

Originally Posted by West Ender (Post 671031)
Did you go? I promise you there's not been a smidge of snow around Warrington today, not even any frost this morning. It snowed twice, in this area, yesterday. Both times it was for 5 minutes and both times it melted before it hit the ground.

Yep i did,took me ages to defrost my car and remove several inches of snow.
I had my car booked in for its first service,was a lovely morning in Warrington and no snow to be seen

Eric 21-01-2009 16:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by emzy (Post 670829)
Is the weather meant to be bad today??

I have an ice rink instead of a front path, gonna be fun with these 2 :rolleyes:

Teach them how to skate ... you can't start them too young; and who knows, they could end up in the NHL:alright:

emzy 21-01-2009 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 671209)
Teach them how to skate ... you can't start them too young; and who knows, they could end up in the NHL:alright:

These 2????? Theyd end up attacking each other or something lol

Eric 21-01-2009 16:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by emzy (Post 671211)

Two is old enough ... if they can toddle, they can skate:alright: Who knows, you could have a couple of Wayne Gretkys in your family;)

Sara 21-01-2009 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 671008)
I suggest moving the bed downstairs because with those winds no-one will have a roof

Quote:

Originally Posted by carl hurles (Post 671069)
well met office have suddenly changed it lol its not gunna be so windy after all haha i thought it was good trick to play on us all

Drat, and i've spent half the day moving my bed downstairs. :D

Eric 21-01-2009 18:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by emzy (Post 671211)

And attacking one another is all part of hockey:theband:

MargaretR 29-01-2009 02:33

Just when we thought winter was on its way out -
news that more Siberian icy winds are due to blast us next week
Bitter Siberian winds set to bring snow and give UK coldest winter for 13 years | Mail Online

In Australia folks are dying in a heatwave:rolleyes:

south aussie 29-01-2009 08:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 673466)
Just when we thought winter was on its way out -
news that more Siberian icy winds are due to blast us next week
Bitter Siberian winds set to bring snow and give UK coldest winter for 13 years | Mail Online

In Australia folks are dying in a heatwave:rolleyes:

Tempratures of 40+ for the next week or so
last night was the hottest over night on record & people were sleeping on the beach

bondi38 29-01-2009 10:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by south aussie (Post 673484)
Tempratures of 40+ for the next week or so
last night was the hottest over night on record & people were sleeping on the beach

Thanks Peter.
Just what we wanted to hear think i will jump on a plane and come and sleep in your garden ok.

Eric 29-01-2009 18:58

Groundhog Day is next week .... let's keep our fingers crossed. And there aren't too many people sleeping on the local beaches .... this might have something to do with the fact that they are under several feet of snow:mosher: It's been snowing for the past couple of days; and it looks like snow in the forcast for at least the next five days:eek:

south aussie 30-01-2009 08:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by bondi38 (Post 673509)
thanks peter.
Just what we wanted to hear think i will jump on a plane and come and sleep in your garden ok.

you probably would not get much sleep.it was siill 35 degrees at 7.00 am when i went to work this morning.

bondi38 30-01-2009 13:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by south aussie (Post 673766)
you probably would not get much sleep.it was siill 35 degrees at 7.00 am when i went to work this morning.

Well you come here and you can have a good sleep in one of my beds amd be frozen but i will put you a hot water bottle in and one for christine as well now thats a good offer dont you think.:D

katex 30-01-2009 16:58

Another link to the expected weather next week, but not the weather that interested me, it was the comment by Akki of Accrington where the Icelanders have sent 3,000 jumpers to the U.K. because they had heard our elderly residents were suffering due to them not being able to pay their fuel bills.

Felt a bit funny about it .. being a relief area .. :( Still, good to know we can get help from other countrys instead of handing it out.

Big chill set to hit Lancashire next week (From Lancashire Telegraph)

West Ender 30-01-2009 17:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 673892)
Another link to the expected weather next week, but not the weather that interested me, it was the comment by Akki of Accrington where the Icelanders have sent 3,000 jumpers to the U.K. because they had heard our elderly residents were suffering due to them not being able to pay their fuel bills.

Felt a bit funny about it .. being a relief area .. :( Still, good to know we can get help from other countrys instead of handing it out.

Big chill set to hit Lancashire next week (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Has anyone any idea where all those jumpers went? I saw the report in the papers but it didn't mention any destination. Will those who might be entitled to one have to apply through the "usual channels"? If so, I can see it being mid Summer, 2010, before they get a cardi. :rolleyes:

Eric 30-01-2009 18:58

Finally made it ... the snowbanks at the side of my driveway are now taller than I am:theband: