Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   weather?? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/weather-29920.html)

Royboy39 10-12-2008 21:20

Re: weather??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 658808)
This I'm aware of .... however, most of the air pollution we have in Canada comes borne on the SW winds from the good ole US of A .... when the winds come from the north or the north west ... good clean Canadian air .... we have clear skies and great air quality. And, for the romantically inclined, star-filled skies at night:D

Ye but. Ye but. The winds in Darwen, from the north carry the curry aroma from Blackburn and from the south the Black Pudding smells from Bury and Bolton....I'ts a no win situation :)

steeljack 10-12-2008 21:28

Eric. just browsed your city web-site and came accross this ......WINTER PARKING BAN
BEGAN DECEMBER 1
Parking is prohibited on City streets from 1 a.m. to 7 a.m. to ensure that snowplows can effectively respond to winter weather events. Car owners who defy the bylaw, risk a fine of up to $40, or possibly having their vehicle towed. Residents are also reminded that parking in the middle of a cul-de-sac is prohibited at all times. The parking prohibition remains in place until the end of March, 2009.

Question , does this apply to all streets or just main streets ?, how do residents who have no off street parking available manage .
just curious

Eric 10-12-2008 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeljack (Post 659003)
Eric. just browsed your city web-site and came accross this ......WINTER PARKING BAN
BEGAN DECEMBER 1
Parking is prohibited on City streets from 1 a.m. to 7 a.m. to ensure that snowplows can effectively respond to winter weather events. Car owners who defy the bylaw, risk a fine of up to $40, or possibly having their vehicle towed. Residents are also reminded that parking in the middle of a cul-de-sac is prohibited at all times. The parking prohibition remains in place until the end of March, 2009.

Question , does this apply to all streets or just main streets ?, how do residents who have no off street parking available manage .
just curious

This applies to all streets ... it is a necessary bylaw, as most of the plowing and sanding is done between 1 and 7 in order not to interfere with traffic .... the roads are plowed promptly, and the snow build up is trucked out. And I don't really know of anyone who has no off-street parking ... houses have driveways, and apt. buidings have lots, or underground parking, with spaces for visitors (you know, if you get lucky and she invites you over to her place);)

Royboy39 10-12-2008 21:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeljack (Post 659003)
BEGAN DECEMBER 1

just curious

I have been reminded many times that this site is designed to promote local issues to Accy and surrounding districts.
Of what interest is it to Accyweb members if some Cowboy gets done $40
for a traffic violation in the Americas?
Apply for a thread to the powers that be that focuses on American issues and I am sure it will be considered, though I don't think it will create much interest.

steeljack 10-12-2008 21:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royboy39 (Post 659008)
I have been reminded many times that this site is designed to promote local issues to Accy and surrounding districts.
Apply for a thread to the powers that be that focuses on American issues and I am sure it will be considered, though I don't think it will create much interest.

Well, seemingly its of enough interest to two Accy-web users , myself who asked a question and the person who replied , obviously some folks who, maybe being in the early stages of senility (ignorance being one symptom, bad manners another) have no interest .:dummy:

Eric 10-12-2008 22:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royboy39 (Post 659008)

Well, I guess anti-Americanism is alive and flourishing in sunny Spain ... And I don't mean anti-Bushism, which many people subscribe to, millions of them in the US ... I mean that irrational bias against a truly great republic, based on a denial of all the good that it stands for, and a stressing of the negative. And I seem to remember several well attended threads on the drama of the American Presidential election ...

Canada and the US have many points on which they disagree; but, we are so close as friendly neighbours that I can still cross the border without a passport. All I have to do is show my current Ontario driver's licence.

Royboy39 10-12-2008 22:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeljack (Post 659009)
Well, seemingly its of enough interest to two Accy-web users , myself who asked a question and the person who replied , obviously some folks who, maybe being in the early stages of senility (ignorance being one symptom, bad manners another) have no interest .:dummy:

On the edge of senilty I maybe but daft I am not.
In the words of a well known historian: and a well know saying from the ones in the know.

jaysay 11-12-2008 09:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royboy39 (Post 659022)
On the edge of senilty I maybe but daft I am not.
In the words of a well known historian: and a well know saying from the ones in the know.

As Brucy might say Roy, I'm not doddery, doddery I'm not:D

Eric 16-12-2008 20:48

Just checked out the long range forcast .... looks like a 100 per center on a white Christmas .... :alright: Got my turkey ordered from the butcher ... chestnuts for roasting ... will get my booze closer to Christmas ... not buying any gifts this year, will probably make a donation to the Kingston Humane Society:dancedog:

panther 17-12-2008 18:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 660577)
Just checked out the long range forcast .... looks like a 100 per center on a white Christmas .... :alright: Got my turkey ordered from the butcher ... chestnuts for roasting ... will get my booze closer to Christmas ... not buying any gifts this year, will probably make a donation to the Kingston Humane Society:dancedog:

I hate you!!!:(
wanna swap houses??:D

:tongueout

Eric 17-12-2008 18:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by panther (Post 660808)
I hate you!!!:(
wanna swap houses??:D

:tongueout

Before you commit to a house swap, check out my avatar ... that's the view from my porch yesterday afternoon .... :eek: Bring a snow shovel:D

panther 17-12-2008 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 660814)
Before you commit to a house swap, check out my avatar ... that's the view from my porch yesterday afternoon .... :eek: Bring a snow shovel:D

OOOhhhh i love snow, bring it on!!:mosher:

Eric 17-12-2008 19:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by panther (Post 660829)
OOOhhhh i love snow, bring it on!!:mosher:

If the snow doesn't scare you ... my avatar is now of a little four legged freind of mine who hangs out under my porch;)

jaysay 18-12-2008 09:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 660838)
If the snow doesn't scare you ... my avatar is now of a little four legged freind of mine who hangs out under my porch;)

Its not one of those smelly little blighters is it Eric:do-one:

Eric 18-12-2008 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 660941)
Its not one of those smelly little blighters is it Eric:do-one:

Only if you surprise or scare them ... they are usually quite timid .... but petting them is not a good idea;)