Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   weather?? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/weather-29920.html)

panther 18-12-2008 19:02

Re: weather??

well it cant smell as bad as some men.....hehehe

Eric 19-12-2008 20:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by panther (Post 661126)
well it cant smell as bad as some men.....hehehe

You've never smelled a skunk:eek: ... it is bad, most people who smell one for the first time just up and do the technicolor yawn .... the squeezings from a wino's socks and shorts are like Chanel 5 compared to a skunk's spray .... (not that I'm familiar with wino's socks and shorts, it's a convenient trope) ... and if I were you, I wouldn't be going around sniffing men:D:hidewall::D ... or, at least, wait until they have showered:alright:

Eric 19-12-2008 21:18

And for all you lovers of winter ... currently in Kingston, the windchill has us at -28 in snow and blowing snow ... this is going to be a killer of a storm.

Eric 19-12-2008 21:38

And for Christmas day .... a high of -9 with occasional light flurries .... anyone for rum and egg nog in front of the fire:mosher:

Royboy39 19-12-2008 21:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 661440)
And for Christmas day .... a high of -9 with occasional light flurries .... anyone for rum and egg nog in front of the fire:mosher:

Eric.....you stay where you are....I'll stay where I am.
The temp today was 16 degrees, fine and sunny.
Wind speed, Nil.
Outlook, bright.
Car in secure underground parking.
Rum I'll go for...Egg nog not so sure about.
Have a good Christmas. :)

Eric 19-12-2008 21:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royboy39 (Post 661442)
Eric.....you stay where you are....I'll stay where I am.
The temp today was 16 degrees, fine and sunny.
Wind speed, Nil.
Outlook, bright.
Car in secure underground parking.
Rum I'll go for...Egg nog not so sure about.
Have a good Christmas. :)

Ok ... one rum, hold the egg nogg ... is Pusser's ok, I'm out of Captain Morgan?

Merry Christmas/Joyeux Noel, eh .... and I wouldn't give up winter for all the castles in Spain;):D

PS ... hope the mods don't nix this 'cause I used our other official language:eek:

Royboy39 19-12-2008 22:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 661446)
Ok ... one rum, hold the egg nogg ... is Pusser's ok, I'm out of Captain Morgan?

Merry Christmas/Joyeux Noel, eh .... and I wouldn't give up winter for all the castles in Spain;):D

PS ... hope the mods don't nix this 'cause I used our other official language:eek:

I shoulnd't think so...I'ts a Christmas Greeting from one ex pat to another.
Let's push the boat out....Feliz navidad.
The only Skunk I have encountered in Spain is one character from the midlands who tried to con me out of 500 euros and missed.
Feliz Navidad means............Happy Christmas :tongueout or depending on traslation...a merry Christmas.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ihW56Xa3XGQ

Caz 19-12-2008 22:43

We all know what Feliz Navidad means, but who or what is Pussers? :)

Eric 19-12-2008 22:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caz (Post 661464)
We all know what Feliz Navidad means, but who or what is Pussers? :)

Very high quality navy rum ... mixes with anything; but goes best with saliva:alright: And having just shovelled out my driveway for the third time today in a vain attempt to keep ahead of the snow, I am ready for at least one:dancedog:

Royboy39 19-12-2008 22:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 661466)
Very high quality navy rum ... mixes with anything; but goes best with saliva:alright: And having just shovelled out my driveway for the third time today in a vain attempt to keep ahead of the snow, I am ready for at least one:dancedog:

Woods Navy at 100%....Knock out drops.....Great stuff. :)

Eric 19-12-2008 23:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royboy39 (Post 661469)
Woods Navy at 100%....Knock out drops.....Great stuff. :)

Damn right ... Breathtaking:eek: Beats the crap out of Baccardi 151 ... but so does Newfie swish:alright:

Eric 20-12-2008 17:12

Ok ... the Friday storm is over ... and the city is already back to normal .... but, wait, tomorrow we will have another, bigger and better storm:dancedog:
And the good news is that it might warm up to -4 .... right now it's -15 (probably over -20 with the windchill):eek:

Eric 21-12-2008 17:25

Another 15cm of the white stuff .... I think I'll take my camera on a tour of the hood ...

pipinfort 26-12-2008 09:16

What a gorgeous day( although freezing) out for a walk round Townley Park in a bit before a freezing cold couple of hours sat on the Turf.............!!!!

panther 29-12-2008 18:49

oh no, its gonna get cold!!

2009 set for icy welcome in Lancs (From Lancashire Telegraph)