Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   weather?? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/weather-29920.html)

emzy 17-01-2009 10:53

Re: weather??

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 670004)
Gales and snow forecast for next 3 days
Met Office: North West England: severe weather warnings

Ahhh, thank you margaret. Am gonna go steal some grit from the grit bins in preparation, my steps are so dangerous when they get slippy, not safe for the little 'uns going in and out.

Sara 17-01-2009 15:44

Should we believe them or not. Just seen this from the met office

North West England: Blackburn with Darwen
Blackpool
Cheshire
Cumbria
Gtr Manchester
Halton
Lancashire
Merseyside
Warrington

Heavy Snow & Severe Gales Mon 19 Jan

There is a moderate risk of a severe weather event affecting most of Scotland and Wales, Northern Ireland and parts of northern and western England.

Over England and Wales, winds could be more of a significant problem than snow, with gales or severe gales in places. However, there is still the potential for periods of snow to give significant accumulations across areas, mostly in the north and west.

Issued at: 1258 Sat 17 Jan

North West England: Blackburn with Darwen
Blackpool
Cheshire
Cumbria
Gtr Manchester
Halton
Lancashire
Merseyside
Warrington

Heavy Snow Tue 20 Jan

There is a low risk of an extreme weather event affecting all of England and Wales. Periods of snow have the potential to give significant accumulations across many areas.

Issued at: 1156 Fri 16 Jan

Hope not.

emamum 17-01-2009 15:47

no please no snow!!! im clumsy enough already without snow as well!

panther 17-01-2009 15:49

Ya know what i love?.....lying in my bed all snug and warm and listening to the wind and rain outside:D

luvleeeeee

Sara 17-01-2009 15:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by panther (Post 670074)
Ya know what i love?.....lying in my bed all snug and warm and listening to the wind and rain outside:D

luvleeeeee

Me too. Not bothered about going out or watching TV tonight, if this wind keeps up i'm going to bed early with a good book.

emzy 17-01-2009 17:02

Lucky for you two, ive got two crazy kids running around. Can here the rain battering agains my windows and the doors are whisteling so tonights gonna be fun me thinks :rolleyes:

West Ender 17-01-2009 21:06

The weather's quiet here, believe it or not, a bit wet but no wind but Nik has had to go into work (Scottish Power) on bad weather duty. She was on voluntary stand-by for the weekend and was told yesterday she would have to go in from 4 p.m. to midnight as gales were due.

She rang home at 9 tonight, to say good night to Laura, and I asked her if they were busy. She said yes, lots of calls coming in, a lot of power lines affected. I believe it's bad in Scotland and Northern Ireland.

emzy 19-01-2009 12:09

Yaaay, its snowing

Thats the boys happy, there all stood at the window watching it

emzy 19-01-2009 13:13

1 Attachment(s)
took this after about 30 mins of snow from my kitchen window (im not a good photographer!)

Got more than this now though :)

Lolly 19-01-2009 13:16

I hate it!!! If it carries on like this i dread to think what it will be like in a few hours. Ive had to ring my mum who works in Skelmersdale and warn her, shes now on her way home.

shillelagh 19-01-2009 13:52

Well ive rang the hospital and told them i werent traipsing over to Preston and theyre sending me a new appointment out in the post!!!! The traffic is going lovely and slow here outside.... I was also a good accywebber and took a pic of the road outside and sent it to entwisi!!!

Polly_45 19-01-2009 14:12

Hasingden bypass both sides is unpassable.took me 30mins to get from winfields to the corn mill at rising bridge:eek:

katex 19-01-2009 14:23

The M61 and east of Blackburn on the M65 were getting a little dodgy about 90 minutes ago,although not too bad ... don't think will ever get unpassable. Just covering up some of the white line markings, but it is busy and most motorists were behaving themselves, staying on the inside lane travelling 40 > 50mph so was moving steadily.

The side streets around Clayton are OK .. just slushy.

pipinfort 19-01-2009 14:32

Top of Burnley Rd and Huncoat were getting pretty bad in the last 10 mins.............

magpie 19-01-2009 14:34

at last we have some snow...... but don't think it will stay around for long its very wet: ( Ossy)