Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   weather?? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/weather-29920.html)

jackyalex 19-05-2007 11:13

Re: weather??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 426946)
I feel sorry for you poor guys .... weather here is beautiful ... even on the hot days it is still nice and cool by the lake ... ahhh ...

Of course it is a chore building the igloo in winter.

would you like to exchange homes lol

Eric 20-05-2007 07:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackyalex (Post 427041)
would you like to exchange homes lol

Which one, the igloo or the teepee?:confused:

Maybe I could just send over Lake Ontario, but I doubt you will have room for it:D

If it makes you feel better, today will be cool (12) and a little damp. And this is a long weekend; we still celebrate Victoria Day in this little backwater colony of ours.

cherokee 21-05-2007 21:23

on behalf of lankyorkyankee......

Yeah yeah, I know this belongs in the weather thread. Once again, can't post in some threads on some days. So what better place to put it but in here. Hey, if one of you kind folks could cut and paste. I would appreciate it getting into the weather thread. I just won't be able to reply. Thanks in advance!

Brian

(Hey Mick, as this is probably the longest piece of dribble in this old thread, can I please win something??????)

Here I am packing as little as poosible for my trip over. Then took a gander at Accy's weather. Dag, I'm gonna have to pack long-johns and sweaters eh?

This is what I've been spoiled with for today through Sunday:

Hi:75°Lo:52°Hi:76°Lo:55°Hi:80°Lo:56°Hi:84°Lo:56°Hi :83° Hi: 91 Lo:62 Lo: 64
Should I bring my gloves and boots and plan for snow?

Brian

Eric 22-05-2007 21:28

Nah ... you don't need your snow gear unless you come to the Great White North.... Snow in Alberta yesterday ... lucky the buggers out there are floating on a sea of oil. (come to think of it, if GWB knew his geography he could have saved money and invaded Alberta instead of Iraq).

Traceyb37 23-05-2007 09:27

TUT TUT!

Rain again!

Looks like its set for all bank holiday! :Banane30:

panther 23-05-2007 11:59

its fining up now ...may stick me washing out:D

Eric 23-05-2007 18:08

What a gorgeous day! I'll spare you the details. Snicker, snicker.

Eric 23-05-2007 18:45

Ok ... can't resist it. Temperature25 ... clear ... gentle breeze from the lake ... a few light clouds ... I moved a table under the big maple tree in my yard ... a great beer drinking and bbqing day .... but the bad news is; same tomorrow and a little nicer for the weekend. I know where I'm spending my vacation this year; right here in Canada.

Eric 24-05-2007 17:02

And the bad news did come true. Even better than yesterday. Except for the hangover. Don't drink Root Beer Schnapps on a ho s'ixgsdaojfpa[paougjpuhg ... Sorry about that, one of my cats walked across the keyboard. I'll leave in the gibberish just in case someone has a cat who might understand what it means.

LancYorkYankee 29-05-2007 18:59

The whole time away and now currently, it's been very hot (for this time of year), 80 - 90s with no rain. Quite the bother to come back to these conditions when I have much other things to catch up on! Accy sent me some of that delightful cool rainy weather please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian

Eric 29-05-2007 23:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by LancYorkYankee (Post 430301)
The whole time away and now currently, it's been very hot (for this time of year), 80 - 90s with no rain. Quite the bother to come back to these conditions when I have much other things to catch up on! Accy sent me some of that delightful cool rainy weather please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian

Cool rainy weather .... delightfull???????? I think that if you are spending time in the sun you should wear a hat:D

Meanwhile, we are suffering thro' temps in the mid 20s, clear skies, gentle breezes .... oh for some cool rainy weather! I don't be thinking so:eek:

panther 30-05-2007 08:27

the weather todays gonna be crap again its given rain....again:( this afternoon!!

Eric 30-05-2007 13:58

I hear that residents of Cullpepper, Virginia would like you to send them some rain and cooler temps.

But is southern Ontario, we are quite happy with what we have ... I will spare you the details.

LancYorkYankee 30-05-2007 17:02

WED
89°F 31°C
63°F 17°C
THU
94°F 34°C
67°F 19°C
FRI
93°F 33°C
69°F 20°C
SAT
93°F 33°C
69°F 20°C

No stinkin' comment!

Hugs and Kisses from CULPEPER, Virginia (any canucks out there in Cannerdda please note the spelling:rolleyes:)(sorry these bloody temps have left me sunburnt and moxleed!):cool::p:cool:

Eric 31-05-2007 14:09

Why don't you convert to metric temps ... this makes it seem cooler. Like, here it's 25 right now. Sorry about the spelling, but we are used to names like Kwartha, Ponteix, etc., .... or maybe it's the English in me. England where very little is pronounced as it is spelt!

I hear that Baffin Island is a great spot to get away from the heat.