Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   weather?? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/weather-29920.html)

magpie 04-06-2007 08:16

Re: weather??

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 431420)
I bought a mobile Air conditioning unit in January (last years stock going cheap) - looking forward to using it soon.

do you have to put a pipe out through the window for it to work...

I am thinking of getting one, and are they any good....

cheers Magpie

MargaretR 04-06-2007 09:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by magpie (Post 432000)
do you have to put a pipe out through the window for it to work...

I am thinking of getting one, and are they any good....

cheers Magpie

Yes it is a 'pipe through the window sort' - (Hyndburn Homes wouldnt like me to knock a hole in the wall :D.)
They work like a fridge in reverse. I havent used it as a cooler yet but have tested it's heating function to make sure I hadn't bought something duff. You can get air coolers which just blow air over ice, and they are cheaper, but my cousin in Wales has one like that and she says she wished she had paid a bit more and got one with refridgerant.

jimmi5bellies 04-06-2007 10:42

Ive got my shorts on, t-shirt and sandals.
Appologies in advance if it snows tomorrow. :D

Eric 05-06-2007 18:10

Today we have a cold front moving in from the north of course. This will clash with the warm air mass and give us a storm, a nice relief from the muggy high 20s we had for a week. Thank god for the lake ... on the hottest days a five minute walk brings me to the water and the cool breeze.

jimmi5bellies 05-06-2007 20:21

Put on my wellies today waiting for the snow and it turned out to be a lovely day again.

panther 06-06-2007 05:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmi5bellies (Post 432415)
Put on my wellies today waiting for the snow and it turned out to be a lovely day again.

you been on the:Banane40:....LOL
was a bit breezy though, especially in the shade:cool:

maxwell silver 06-06-2007 11:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by panther (Post 432495)
you been on the:Banane40:....LOL
was a bit breezy though, especially in the shade:cool:

Wish it had been a bit breezy in our factory,it's like working in a greenhouse when the suns out & i'm on 2-10(glass panels in roof).And to rub salt in my wounds there always seems to be folk sat outside pubs en route to work.

Eric 06-06-2007 14:43

We have a nice northerly air flow today .... good clean Canadian air ... the air quality is great ... the sun is out .... and the walleye season is open ... it don't get much better, and this weather is set in for a few days. With the looney at a 20 year high, I might just sail over to New York and stock up on cheap booze. A few belts of some potent potable makes the great weather even better. What goes well with bbq walleye? White wine? Vodka? Beer? What the hell, some of everything. As an aside, Ontarians spent over 4 billion dollars at the liquor stores last year. A new record. Drink up, eh!

panther 07-06-2007 09:17

well whats happened to the weather today then?, bit dull innit, but close, wonder if we will get thunder:p, havent had a good thunder storm for ages:D

Eric 07-06-2007 12:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by panther (Post 432714)
well whats happened to the weather today then?, bit dull innit, but close, wonder if we will get thunder:p, havent had a good thunder storm for ages:D

Try eating gassy foods.:eek:

LancYorkYankee 08-06-2007 18:57

FRI
http://cdn.news.aol.com/aolweather_i...her_50x50_w_34
98°F 36°C
72°F 22°C :eek::eek:

Nuff Said!:cool:

BEA

Eric 09-06-2007 23:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by LancYorkYankee (Post 433052)
FRI
http://cdn.news.aol.com/aolweather_i...her_50x50_w_34
98°F 36°C
72°F 22°C :eek::eek:

Nuff Said!:cool:

BEA

Ouch, ouch, ouch.

Tombraider 14-06-2007 18:40

i cant reach to close my window and im cold. Do builders not believe it small people :Banane26:

panther 15-06-2007 13:30

well was gonna have a bloody barby saturday but that looks like its gone out the window, but it wont stop me having a drink!, ill sit under the gazebo if i have too!:D, typical isnt it, we moan when its raining we moan when its sunny,......thats life!!:D

Eric 20-06-2007 18:32

A wonderful weekend just passed, especially great because on Saturday, Kingston celebrated First Capital Day .... (Kingston was the first capital of Canada) ... Yesterday a thunderstorm which cleared the air, and today: Back to balmy.

It's comforting that I am so many kilometres away from most of you ... however hard you throw the rotten fruit at me, I'm out of range.