Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Accrington Conservative Club (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/accrington-conservative-club-41599.html)

dotti34 09-09-2016 08:03

Re: Accrington Conservative Club

Thank you for the link JCB. Unfortunately not a very satisfactory outcome as far as apprehending the culprit/s.

Less 10-09-2016 17:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCB (Post 1176520)
There's a link here to a report in this weekend's Accrington Observer......Accrington Conservative Club arson investigation ends due to lack of evidence - Accrington Observer

120 people have signed a petition to save a useless facade, better if the lot goes now, let it rest in pieces, find a use for the land it used to stand on.
Perhaps a modern day con club? Or a Liberal club or a Labour club?
Or maybe Council offices?

cashman 10-09-2016 20:33

I loved the place, but certainly refuse to sign a petition for the ruin thats left, it just highlights the stupidity of some people to me,:rolleyes:

Neil 11-09-2016 10:03

The back of it looks a mess now as it's just been left since being made safe. Shame they didn't clear the whole site

RainbowSix 12-09-2016 08:59

Free used bricks anyone? :)

yerself 14-09-2016 18:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil
The back of it looks a mess now as it's just been left since being made safe. Shame they didn't clear the whole site

They should clear the site, level it and plant a giant redwood in memorium.

Less 14-09-2016 19:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by yerself (Post 1176890)
They should clear the site, level it and plant a giant redwood in memorium.

I liked this post, how do I make it a half like?

I liked the clear the site bit, I don't like the plant a tree bit.

I don't want my decedents volunteering to improve the area, then finding they are conned by taking an unpaid job, which leads to something that blames them when the tree needs cutting down.

Trees do at times need cutting down just as the land such as where the Con club was, need clearing and using again.

Less 14-09-2016 20:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1176898)
I liked this post, how do I make it a half like?

I liked the clear the site bit, I don't like the plant a tree bit.

I don't want my decedents volunteering to improve the area, then finding they are conned by taking an unpaid job, which leads to something that blames them when the tree needs cutting down.

Trees do at times need cutting down just as the land such as where the Con club was, need clearing and using again.

Perhaps we (the People) or at least 95% of us should be allowed to think that our children's future means more than our past?

Surprise, surprise, I think Neil would do more for our community than our present M.P. has done so far.

MoreJoe 21-09-2016 22:11

I've seen some hard high places come down to smoke and ash.
Catching up after months of absence.
So sad!