Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Accrington Conservative Club (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/accrington-conservative-club-41599.html)

Baxenden 09-08-2008 11:55

Re: Accrington Conservative Club

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 616876)
Why don't you contact the Observer?

I'm sure they could illicit a response from H.B.C., as to why one of Accrington's most famous landmarks appears to be being aquired by stealth from under their very noses.

Sounds newsworthy to me.

Good Idea. Although im surprised they havent already jumped on the possibility of such a controvertsial story. Ill give them a quick email.

Cheers

katex 09-08-2008 12:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baxenden (Post 616882)
Good Idea. Although im surprised they havent already jumped on the possibility of such a controvertsial story. Ill give them a quick email.

Cheers

Or contact 'LisaKenyon' (news editor) on here; a member under this name, does ask to let her know if we have any stories that could prove of interest.

g jones 14-08-2008 21:19

what a load of rubbish. The Con Club was sold recently and the Church recently went up for sale. Both have owners. HM whoever have forged Government documents and the the guff about seizing ownership is way off...

The Council know NOTHING about HM or what is happening at either until today. I have arranged the real owner to have a chat with Regen as he has recently submitted a planning application for the Con Club. He did a presentation a couple of weeks back at the local Civic Society as it is Grade 2. I didn't know him before hand it has to be said. Anyway he has informed HM Gov and had a locksmith rechange the locks.

The false notice on the baptist church also had the seizure named address of the Con Club. Pranksters IMO.

The question I have is not only does NO ONE at the Council knows of or has heard anything about HM nor do we have a policy of encouraging seizure, let alone these two buildings. Baxendens
telephone conversations are bogus because planning have ben speaking with the real owners for two weeks. In fact what Baxenden said is pretty much all fraudulent and I can't find a reason for those comments to be made.

g jones 14-08-2008 21:37

The plans are to go from 5 floors to about 11 without increasing the height of the builiding. All commercial lettings. 22,000 sq ft to 63,000 sq ft on the same footprint. Everything demolished except the first 6 metres from the front elevation. Fulll front restoration - iron work mainly. Rear entrance to be near to 100% glass. A large glass atrium going down to the ground floor in the middle of the building. Mezanine floors at the front where it is listed. Gym restaurant in basement. Retail office conference gound, office above. Rooftop cafe/restaurant with panoramic views. Cash in place. Work begins May (they say!) finished Christmas 2011 (18 months).

MargaretR 14-08-2008 21:42

So the sneaky squatters tried it on - really glad they haven't got away with the scam:D
Thanks, Mr Jones, for letting us know

katex 14-08-2008 21:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 619061)
So the sneaky squatters tried it on - really glad they haven't got away with the scam:D
Thanks, Mr Jones, for letting us know

Think we had sussed these two (or one?) out Margaret, glad we baited Graham onto this thread .. least we know what is happening with the Con now ... ;):D

cashman 14-08-2008 21:58

wonder if baxenden will be back? have me doubts somehow.:D or possibly another name at some point.:rolleyes:

garinda 14-08-2008 23:46

Thanks for clearing that up Graham.

The whole thing stank...almost as much as the last member that posted about land grabbing the quarry...for the public's best interest of course.

garinda 14-08-2008 23:49

I'm sure if anyone has been publishing fraudulent information the police could easily trace someone's I.P. addresss.;)

garinda 15-08-2008 00:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baxenden (Post 615789)
i will be going in on the 15th August. I Will take pictures and post them if anyones interested.

Oh goodie gumdrops, that's today.

Can't wait to see your photographs.

We wait with bated breath.

cashman 15-08-2008 00:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 619090)
Thanks for clearing that up Graham.

The whole thing stank...almost as much as the last member that posted about land grabbing the quarry...for the public's best interest of course.

yeh and the last one our legal eagle jumped in with both feet to help.:D:rolleyes:

cashman 15-08-2008 00:21

the thing that puzzles me, these 2 folk come from nowhere, jump right in on land/property grabbing issues, WHY? would have thought they would serve their purpose better keeping mum. that sure beats me.:confused:

Andym 16-08-2008 13:37

Just seen this now, I've been in contact with someone supposedly from Laxio (who are part of this HR Developments or whatever they're called), about taking some photos inside Cannon St. Church.

They're saying redevelopment will start at the end of september. So are this lot for real or not? Do they own it or not? I've seen the newspaper sotry but not sure what to make of the whole affair now.:confused:

jaysay 16-08-2008 15:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 619092)
Oh goodie gumdrops, that's today.

Can't wait to see your photographs.

We wait with bated breath.

Looks like Baxenden has disappeared Rindi, or my be he/she is just waiting to have the pics developed:rolleyes:

Accrington Lad 10-12-2012 13:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by g jones (Post 619056)
The plans are to go from 5 floors to about 11 without increasing the height of the builiding. All commercial lettings. 22,000 sq ft to 63,000 sq ft on the same footprint. Everything demolished except the first 6 metres from the front elevation. Fulll front restoration - iron work mainly. Rear entrance to be near to 100% glass. A large glass atrium going down to the ground floor in the middle of the building. Mezanine floors at the front where it is listed. Gym restaurant in basement. Retail office conference gound, office above. Rooftop cafe/restaurant with panoramic views. Cash in place. Work begins May (they say!) finished Christmas 2011 (18 months).

Do you know what Mr Ifta B is doing with it as it is now Christmas 2012. Cheers G