Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-11-2006, 08:06   #1
God Member

A little bit of advice please

It's that time of year again. Me v's the P.E. teacher.

My oldest has problems walking, nothing serious it's a form of flat foot but it affects her balance quiet badly. One thing she really struggles with is running. She partakes in most P.E. lessons but cross country running is just not her thing. Every year I have the same argument, I send a note in excusing her from cross country and every year the teachers say she has to do it. I've had to keep her off school this morning becuse she flatly refuses to do it. It's not just her physical inability to do it, it causes the other kids to ridicule her.

I don't know though, to me, it feels right to excuse her for the above reasons but every year the teacher tells her "no you will do cross country". Am I just being to soft excusing her or am I doing the right thing?
Old 13-11-2006, 08:12   #2
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Re: A little bit of advice please

As a fellow hater of cross country running, or any kind of running for that matter.... I would excuse if it were down to me. You may need to speak to the head teacher and offer that your little un does another activity in its place..

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2006, 08:16   #3
God Member

lol!

Mtheads just said your going to have to ring and have a word with the head but I just think it's such a silly thing to have to ring and bother her with.
Old 13-11-2006, 08:19   #4
Resting in Peace

Thats what she is there for give her a ring and explain things i am sure she will understand and sort it out for you tinks
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2006, 08:22   #5
God Member

Yeah that's true Mick
Old 13-11-2006, 08:24   #6
Give, give, give member

She should do what I and lots of others did, pretend to do it. Set off running, then start to stroll....then hide and join up with the others when the first few have got back.

What a show up though, her dear old Mum unmasking her on here.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2006, 08:34   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
What a show up though, her dear old Mum unmasking her on here.
Tough! Call it pay back for graffitied accyweb meet photo
Old 13-11-2006, 09:18   #8
I am Banned

If you do have continued hassle i would also get a doctors note to back up any medical problems that effect her doing activities in PE that effects her condition.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2006, 09:43   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle

My oldest has problems walking, nothing serious it's a form of flat foot but it affects her balance quiet badly. One thing she really struggles with is running. She partakes in most P.E. lessons but cross country running is just not her thing. Every year I have the same argument, I send a note in excusing her from cross country and every year the teachers say she has to do it. I've had to keep her off school this morning becuse she flatly refuses to do it. It's not just her physical inability to do it, it causes the other kids to ridicule her.

I don't know though, to me, it feels right to excuse her for the above reasons but every year the teacher tells her "no you will do cross country". Am I just being to soft excusing her or am I doing the right thing?

oh dear P.E lessons this takes me back stinks, as i recall neither of us did P.E....EVER!!! me n stinks used to wander round the school instead, annoying teachers and having a sly fag in the toilets,ah those were the days *sits back with her pipe and slippers reminiscing*
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2006, 10:01   #10
God Member

I hope that's a peace pipe your smoking, I might need a few drags on it soon. I'm still waiting on the return phone call.

I never have quite picked up the art of having a decent conversation with with teachers have I!!
Old 13-11-2006, 10:02   #11
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
lol!

Mtheads just said your going to have to ring and have a word with the head but I just think it's such a silly thing to have to ring and bother her with.
Tinks, phone the school and make an appointment to see the head. Don't talk to her on the phone, go and see her, it is much better face to face. Don't worry about thinking you are wasting her time, it is you child you are talking about so nothing is more important, I expect you will get a similar reply if you tell her you don't want to waste her time. Explain the situation and that every year you have the same problem. Ask the head to sort it out for you so that you won't have to explain it every year from now on. Face to face always gets the best results.
Old 13-11-2006, 10:03   #12
Resident Waffler

Quote:

In my opinion you are perfectly correct in asking for her to be excused and it sounds like the school/teacher is being unreasonable in insisting she does this. If it's a different teacher each year and the same problem occurs each year then I would definitely have a word with the head about it.

What is it with teachers and cross country anyway? Why should a child have to do it? I'd have thought a letter from you as the parent should be adequate reason for them to excuse your daughter.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2006, 10:05   #13
God Member

look stinks do you want auntie flashy to come over and sort it out? i'll tell them for ya *goes back to the pipe*
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2006, 10:07   #14
God Member

I know, I will if need be Neil. I'm waiting on a call from the P.E. teacher herself, which I'm hoping the situation can be resolved with her rather than disturbing the head. If I get no joy I will speak to the head about it.
Old 13-11-2006, 10:08   #15
Resident Waffler

Good luck. Hope they can see your point of view.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..