Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-01-2008, 22:32   #61
Resting in Peace

Re: Accrington Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
ya may have summat there, late 60s, one of me best mates who lived in Darwen, got wed n bought a house on nuttall street.
Don't tell me .. to be near the footy ground .. mind you, another decent area (few streets away from where you and I were brought up, so must be ).. but best not confuse Madkev no more.. think matter might be settled
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-01-2008, 22:39   #62
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Don't tell me .. to be near the footy ground .. mind you, another decent area (few streets away from where you and I were brought up, so must be ).. but best not confuse Madkev no more.. think matter might be settled
aint confusing him nuttall street was right outside Ewood Park, one side of street had a stand, other side me mate lived, its a man thing.
Old 16-01-2008, 22:42   #63
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
aint confusing him nuttall street was right outside Ewood Park, one side of street had a stand, other side me mate lived, its a man thing.
Blooming hek ! Time I went up the dancers .. gettin' confused with Nutter Road .. sorry cashy .. carry on Madkev .
Old 17-01-2008, 14:44   #64
Full Member+

Not having much look with this brisbane road one,the website Homesearch from the accrington observer property page which i found it on keeps saying error when it tells me to click on the view the agents website for more details! typical.I'll let you know more soon. thanks for all your responses by the way.
Old 20-01-2008, 20:11   #65
Full Member+

still looking for places,i think its best if i come down and checked out the properties in the area in person one day and call into a few estate agents, I stopped over last night at the norwood after the match was called off, it was great knowing i was sleeping just yards away from my favourite place,
Old 21-01-2008, 20:50   #66
Full Member+

whats walton street like anyone?
Old 21-01-2008, 20:58   #67
Super Moderator

One minute's walk from the Field of Dreams.

One minute's walk from the Crown.

Five minute's walk from Oaklea, Grey Horse, Greyhound and chippy.

Paradise!

Snap it up!
Old 22-01-2008, 14:19   #68
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
One minute's walk from the Field of Dreams.

One minute's walk from the Crown.

Five minute's walk from Oaklea, Grey Horse, Greyhound and chippy.

Paradise!

Snap it up!
Thanks ill request a viewing then!!
Old 04-02-2008, 20:03   #69
Full Member+

hello update for u all, i have a viewing in walton street on 11th feb at 10.30am ,just hope its ok round there accy stanley on my doorstep!heaven!
Old 04-02-2008, 21:01   #70
Resting in Peace

If not mistaken Walton St an unmade raod so take time there if driving. But if I'm wrong someone will let me know LOL
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 23:43   #71
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ber999T View Post
If not mistaken Walton St an unmade raod so take time there if driving. But if I'm wrong someone will let me know LOL
No, you not mistaken Ber .. is an unadopted road .. summat in the Observer, maybe couple of weeks ago. Residents had previously complained about litter. etc., but how it had improved in the last 6 months. Still a decent area though Madkev .. so go take a look and make your own mind up.
Old 04-02-2008, 23:47   #72
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

roads unadopted, but look on it as a bonus, no scumbags tearing down in cars, its very quiet at night, known someone who's lived on yon for years.
Old 05-02-2008, 18:20   #73
Full Member+

So there is no road then? is it a mudtrack? what are the houses like down there,its just off whalley road isnt it?
Old 05-02-2008, 18:28   #74
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madkev View Post
So there is no road then? is it a mudtrack? what are the houses like down there,its just off whalley road isnt it?
aint a mudtrack exactly, but its unadopted i.e. big puddles when it rains heavy,few big dips etc, its just before ya get to tht greyhound on same side as the crown, runs behind Whalley Rd,hope that helps. just 1 row of terraced.
Old 05-02-2008, 18:32   #75
Full Member+

Thanks mr i know where u mean now, Lets hope its alright inside the house. i will let u know how i get on, It will be great having ASFC on my doorstep and a pub nearby lol

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..