Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-03-2006, 17:30   #16

Talking Re: Accy rail!!!

There is a notice on the door of the office at accy which states its open from 6.45 till evening but ive been twice now in the past two weeks and both times it was closed. When i went to leeds then on to sheffield i noticed a big difference in the trains too....northernline to leeds then virgin to sheffield,i know i enjoyed the jorney to sheffield better the train was imaculate and the anouncements were clear even the buffet car was open. The train to leeds was like it hadnt seen a cleaner never mind a coat of paint!! Well done virgin lines show northern lines how its done will you
Old 23-03-2006, 08:37   #17

Re: Accy rail!!!

Hi, the opening hours displayed at Accrington are 6.40am to 3pm Mondays to Saturdays and only on Sundays is it open in the 'evenings' 9.10am to 4.45pm. Hope this clarifies why it is closed when you travel in the evenings!
carlsbergaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2006, 08:41   #18

I was at the station at 9.30 am on friday last week and again at 12.15 pm both times is was closed
Old 23-03-2006, 08:47   #19
God Member

So JJ you a fan of Virgin Voyegers and Pendelinos then? These are great trains esspecially as You can listen to radio and plug in the laptop.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2006, 08:49   #20
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

I travelled from Preston to Bristol a few weeks ago. I think it must be the first train I have been on since about 1989, except ones pulled by Thomas The Tank Engine . The train was on time, clean and comfortable. The best thing about it was that it only cost me £20 to travel almost 200 miles. How can you complain at that?
Old 23-03-2006, 08:57   #21

I agree spuggie virgin are 100% better than northernline....would travel with them anytime, JJ
Old 23-03-2006, 09:00   #22

Smile Re: Accy rail!!!

The cost of my trip to sheffield was £18.30 for an open return so the cost wasnt the issue Neil it was the state of accy station and the state of northernline trains.....if virgin can do it why cant northern?
Old 23-03-2006, 09:12   #23
God Member

Word of warning for future travel on cheap tickets they are trying to do away with some of them.

Also it may sound daft but with Virgin 2 singles can sometimes work out cheaper than a return. Paid £17.50 for two singles from Falkirk to Accy and Accy to Falkirk because I purchased them 3 weeks in advance. Seems to be down to how many seats are allocated to each ticket so the earlier or later you travel is a great money saver.

Saved a good few quid over the years doing this.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2006, 09:14   #24

Cheers spuggie ill keep that in mind.....thats if im brave enough to face accy staiton again ha!
Old 23-03-2006, 10:02   #25

Hi yes Accrington ticket office was closed last Friday all day due to staff sickness, but re-opened as normal on Saturday morning
carlsbergaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2006, 18:52   #26
God Member

Accy rail!!! 23-03-2006 09:44 Shut up and find your own local forum

why don't you shut up and get a life. If you cared about accy, you'd agree with me that image is every thing and that accy station should be perfect. As for me bing an outsider, you should value an outsiders point of view, local people often don't see just how bad something looks till an outsider points it out.
I'll say again, I can't comment, Ive never been to your station, but I agree, it should be open, image is everything, especially to outsiders. It's a good job not everybody in accy has your out look or it would be a right hole.
As for my own local forum, I have one thanks, its http://atherstone-online.co.uk.
When I move to accy, which will be my local forum then?
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2006, 19:18   #27
God Member

This is a local forum, for local people, we don't want your kind round here. lmao
This backs up, what i keep hearing off people when i mention rawtenstall or accy. I say "i visited monday", they reply "did they chase you out the town with a stick" I say "no they're a really friendly bunch up there, you should go and visit", "na thanks, I aint desperate, anyway I hear they're all inbreds"
when im told to find my own local forum, not only is it insulting me its insulting all that do make people welcome and giving you all a bad reputation.

Anyway, I travelled to accy by van on monday, and I'd like to thanks sarah, mick, anne, staggers and less for giving me a warm friendly accy welcome.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody

Last edited by Madhatter; 23-03-2006 at 19:20.
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2006, 22:04   #28

Mmmm seems the state of accy station upsets more than me...Mmmmmm

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..