Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-03-2006, 04:52   #1
Senior Member+

tenants...

there is no law stating that u have to give a minimum of 4 weeks notice period in regards to an eviction is there?

i just wanna cover my back when i serve this notice to a rather noisy tenant who despite being threatened with eviction for her all night parties two weeks ago has once again held another rather noisy one.

thanks
Old 18-03-2006, 08:17   #2
God Member

Re: tenants...

housing law like any other is quite indepth. The first thing you have to do with a notice to quit is make sure it is a legal document. Sending a letter even though you are the landlord is not classed as a legal notice to quit. Unfortunately, I think you might have to seek some legal advice here. As I work in housing I know that when we want to evict someone unless you act quickly soon it can take ages to properly evict someone!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2006, 09:20   #3
Senior Member+

I am quite sure you have to give 2 months notice to evict someone, if they don't go then you have to get a court order. You can get a private landlords leaflet from the town hall, also one for tennants renting private property.Gives you all you need to know when letting or renting.
Old 18-03-2006, 10:09   #4
Resting in Peace

Here try this link it might help
http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/..._tenancies.htm
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2006, 13:01   #5
Senior Member+

2months of that woman!?

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oo!!!!

thats it - time to have a bhangra party and do a lil payback!!
Old 18-03-2006, 13:03   #6
Senior Member+

oooooooooooooh one more thing if in the contract it states that she cant do any work to the house but she has and she broke one door inside and she still hasnt replaced that

cud we evict her for that?
Old 18-03-2006, 16:43   #7
God Member

It still all has to go through the court. If she is as much of a nightmare as you say she has prob been through this all before and is completely wise to all the legalities of eviction!

What sort of tenancy does she have with you and how long is it for/and time remaining??

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2006, 17:02   #8
Senior Member+

its a rolling contract week on week

two weeks notice she's on
Old 19-03-2006, 18:23   #9
Senior Member+

right so i've served her notice based on her conduct and behavior and her lack of respect for the fact we own the property...

in turn she's now sayin she's not leaving unless she gets a court order and that she's off to health and safety as she has some issues - issues that she's never told us about so its not as if we've deliberatly ignored them

so i guess its off to the solicitors 2morro!!
Old 19-03-2006, 19:09   #10

Sounds like a nightmare for you Mani, hope all goes okay for you.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2006, 19:13   #11
Resident Waffler

Good luck Mani. It sounds like she's a nightmare of a tenant. The house next door to us has been rented out to various people in it's time and some of the things some of them got up to you wouldn't dream people would do. (such as ripping out all the kitchen cupboards and leaving the worktop dangling in mid air when they were evicted.)

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2006, 11:51   #12
I am Banned

1: burn the house down the next time shes out

she gets rehoused in a hostel and you claim on the insurance to get repairs done

2: do an inspection and state that the front and back door need repairing , take them off the hinges and drive off , throw the doors away and inform her that regretably the new doors have been delayed but you will fit them as soon as they come

Last edited by chav1; 20-03-2006 at 11:54.
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2006, 16:05   #13
Senior Member+

hmmm maybe i cud burn her with it?

wud i get more compensation cuz i was traumatised of seeing my lovely tennant being burnt
Old 20-03-2006, 16:14   #14
I am Banned

move in while she is out and claim squatters rights , squatters are very hard to get rid of although if you own the property i dont think you can be a squatter in your own propperty but then again she is renting it so you are squattuing in her home

i guess the police would write to the landlord and you could then say you dont mind the squatter been there or havre a bit of fun and get yourself arrested

either way good reading in the telegraph
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2006, 21:51   #15
Senior Member+

maybe i shud just go to the press with this story???

she's hounding us etc and put on a real real i'm traumatised by this woman angle on it

« meet | Accy rail!!! »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..