Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2005, 19:34   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Answers and Comments Please

Think the mods do a great job on this board, and I think the people who post on here tend to moderate themselves, whilst threads may wander a little, they always seem to come back on track sooner or later. This is unlike another board I post on from time to time, they have mods, and what they call tutorial members, and you can be sure that one or the other will reply to any thread on what ever topic, just like they are wanting to "show off" their knowledge.

Keep up the good work mods,and members keep the good topics going.

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-03-2005, 19:39   #17
Beacon of light

I know you do Less......I've watched you do it......I think it is one of your more charming features.....oops sorry I'm thread wandering......or thread gathering or whatever it is we aren't supposed to be doing!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 13:40   #18

Talking Re: Answers and Comments Please

Ok -- OK -- No need for ayone else to go off thread to take the wee-wee. Message received and understood. -- reckon 3 will suffice.

I hang my head in shame for not spotting the messages about reporting to the Moderators, and even if I had done I reckon I would have felt a bit "sneaky" doing that. Much prefer do come out with it myself.
THOTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 13:52   #19
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by THOTH
Ok -- OK -- No need for ayone else to go off thread to take the wee-wee. Message received and understood. -- reckon 3 will suffice.

I hang my head in shame for not spotting the messages about reporting to the Moderators, and even if I had done I reckon I would have felt a bit "sneaky" doing that. Much prefer do come out with it myself.
You aren't being sneaky you are giving the moderators something to do, why do you think I post so often? Just so they feel useful.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 09:00   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less
You aren't being sneaky you are giving the moderators something to do, why do you think I post so often? Just so they feel useful.
Thanks Less- made me think for a chang.

Being interested in Statistics ( and other things ) I wonder if a record was broken in approx 3 1/2 hours from 9-32 yesterday. I refer to the number of postings in the Thread initiated by Fireman on a real serious topic.

I also wonder if Fireman was called out on duty as he was pipped at the post (I think so anyway. My counting may be impaired because of a slight attack of SpinalMcGuinness this morning.). Where was I ? Oh yes -- congrats to Tinkerbelle with a magnificent total of 28.

The bronze I will award to Chav1.

And dear oh dear Willow -- you are certainly slipping.

Have just realised that perhaps I should have started another Thread but can`t be bothered to do it all again, and don`t understand the business of "Copy & Paste".

THOTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 14:52   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THOTH
Thanks Less- made me think for a chang.

Being interested in Statistics ( and other things ) I wonder if a record was broken in approx 3 1/2 hours from 9-32 yesterday. I refer to the number of postings in the Thread initiated by Fireman on a real serious topic.

I also wonder if Fireman was called out on duty as he was pipped at the post (I think so anyway. My counting may be impaired because of a slight attack of SpinalMcGuinness this morning.). Where was I ? Oh yes -- congrats to Tinkerbelle with a magnificent total of 28.

The bronze I will award to Chav1.

And dear oh dear Willow -- you are certainly slipping.
I really pity you THOTH, that was an attempt at cheering poor Fireman up, humour and laughter are always the best medicine. When i first came on accyweb i was told off by a moderator for some inappropriate posts and many people told me at the time to be myself so that's exactly what i will do. As like Less and many others on this forum I try to inject humour into my posts, you may not find them funny but humour is a personal thing. I have met a good bunch of people on this forum and some of these people share my sense of humour, but when the need calls i can also hold a sensible and literate debate. You may at any time report me to the moderators for any inappropriate posts as it is them that moderate this forum and what can be posted, not you!

Last edited by Tinkerbelle; 06-03-2005 at 15:39.
Tinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 16:50   #22
Senior Member+

It looks like my views are not shared about reporting inappropriate posts - I am now apparently a 'grass'!

I (obviously) don't know who it was, but if you think it was recent, it wasn't - it was very soon after I joined.

My advice of the day is, report all posts you think inappropriate, but don't admit to the fact!

Or if you do, expect to lose karma!!!

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 17:03   #23

Tinkerbelle, I was PMSL at firemans thread. You, gem and chav should do a stand up act or something.

And whoever deducted karma off vorlon is extremely petty minded. Have a couple of points on me dear.
Old 06-03-2005, 17:38   #24
God Member

In my capacity as Chairman of the Doug and Sandra Hayes Fan Club can I just point out that any suggestion of Mafia involvement in this board would be looked on with grave disapproval by our much respected Crime Czars and could well result in in a severe hand-wringing and finger-wagging. I am sure that Councillor Doug Hayes, (108), would be the first to encourage everyone to report everyone else to the moderators and /or Scotland Yard, irrespective of whether an offence has been committed or not, purely in the interests of public safety of course but also with an eye to star billing in next weeks Observer. Could I also point out that the habit of wandering in threads should be always be treated with sensitivity and compassion, after all, though Doug has clearly been wandering for years, people who do wander can often still perform a useful function as Doug does in drawing public attention from the mess that the Idiot in Chief makes. I

In conclusion could I ask members to pick up their litter and place it in the recepticles provided and present them at the kerbside, ready for collection on the appointed day.

Thank you.

Last edited by Acrylic-bob; 06-03-2005 at 17:54.
Acrylic-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 17:44   #25
Member.

Can we be sure to point out that the Doug you are referring to is not the Doug who wanders about on here. I wouldn't to be confused with the other Doug, as the other Doug is not me. I hope I've been able to clear that up.

Thank You.
Doug.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 17:49   #26
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -pixie
whoever deducted karma off vorlon is extremely petty minded. Have a couple of points on me dear.
You are such a sweet, sweet caring little creature Pixie, I’ll be giving you a few too, when the bloody thing will let me. Good for you vorlon. I think you should always go with what you believe to be right.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 17:52   #27
God Member

Oh absolutely! It goes without saying that the Doug I was referring to in my last post as "wandering for years" is not the Doug who has been wandering here, if he were that Doug which he very obviously isn't, but if he were then I rather think that he would not be able to make as much sense as the Doug who does wander around on here, since that Doug is clearly compos mentis while the other Doug who also wanders, but not on here, so very clearly isn't.

Does that clear the matter up?

Last edited by Acrylic-bob; 06-03-2005 at 17:55.
Acrylic-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 18:00   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
You are such a sweet, sweet caring little creature Pixie
*polishes halo*
Well one does try...
Old 06-03-2005, 18:01   #29
white rabbits

Wink Re: Answers and Comments Please

blimey ,,after reading all these posts i am scared to reply ,i have a warped sense of humour but i wouldent deliberatly hurt anyones feelings ,i like the silly meandering thread ,and i also like serious banter ,,but i dont want to push anyones nose out of joint on their threads ,by rushing in like a bull in a china shop ,,please be gentle with me ......
grannyclaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 18:25   #30
I am Banned

i am thinking of going to blackpool next weekend

does anyone know the current price of a wrist band please ..?

thankyou
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..