Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2005, 18:32   #31
God Member

Re: Answers and Comments Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by -pixie
Tinkerbelle, I was PMSL at firemans thread. You, gem and chav should do a stand up act or something.
Thankyou chuck !!
Old 06-03-2005, 19:47   #32
Senior Member+

Quote:
And whoever deducted karma off vorlon is extremely petty minded. Have a couple of points on me dear.
Thank you very much pixie!

And thank you to the other 3 people as well!!!

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 20:48   #33
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
Can we be sure to point out that the Doug you are referring to is not the Doug who wanders about on here. I wouldn't to be confused with the other Doug, as the other Doug is not me. I hope I've been able to clear that up.

Thank You.
Doug.
Hey Doug, we all know that you're not the Doug refered to in the a-b post, no need to worry on that score, that Doug does wander and wonder, but I must say that, that Doug must have good ears and eyesight (from previous articles in our local paper..........the O) that Doug commented on things that he could not hear or see, now I am

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 21:13   #34

I've only posted on Accy web a few times but I found the people on here very friendly,(I'm not a creep!) and if I did'nt I'd not come back! Some web sites are very clanish and unless they know you they won't reply to your posts,I've a habit of going off topic sometimes but if you go to a pub and have a chat that happens there as well,I know one or two things about that! Just to add that some people get upset if you don't agree on something,I'm not botherd if you don't share my views on things it's boring if we all enjoy and agree on everything.So in my case I tend to post away and if you read it thats even better!

wayneyboy1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 21:18   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneyboy1942
I've only posted on Accy web a few times but I found the people on here very friendly,(I'm not a creep!) and if I did'nt I'd not come back! Some web sites are very clanish and unless they know you they won't reply to your posts,I've a habit of going off topic sometimes but if you go to a pub and have a chat that happens there as well,I know one or two things about that! Just to add that some people get upset if you don't agree on something,I'm not botherd if you don't share my views on things it's boring if we all enjoy and agree on everything.So in my case I tend to post away and if you read it thats even better!
Yes, its the thread wandering, and topics that make this forum what it is..........one of the best

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 22:40   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by THOTH
Most organisations, and I am relating, in this context, the membership of AccyWeb to be an "organisation", have an Inner Mafia, to whom criticism, particularly by a Newby is resented.
I wouldn't use the word "mafia" but with any message board there is bound to be an inner core of founder members who by very virtue of having known each other longer know each other better. It also seems in the case of this board that most of the founder members are either friends and relatives of the board creator, or friends of those friends and relatives and naturally they will appear to relate more closely to each other.

I wouldn't say that I have noticed any criticism being resented, apart from one occasion when I objected to what I felt had been heavy handedness by a moderator and I lost karma points for saying as much.

At the end of the day THOTH you have chosen to join someone's message board and like it or not the onus is on you to adapt to the ways of the board rather than expect the board to adapt to you. (similar to opinions expressed elsewhere regarding immigrants to this country)

People aren't perfect but this is one of the better message boards I have come across and as such I enjoy returning to read and contribute. If a point I make goes unnoticed so be it. If a question I ask goes unanswered then I may well ask again or I may simply assume that there is no answer forthcoming and move on.
Gobsmacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 22:50   #37
Senior Member+

Well said Gobsmacked.
Old 08-03-2005, 19:02   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorlon24
I am a mod on other forums, and would rather someone reported a post to me than start world war 3 on a public forum.
The thread title asked for answers and comments and they now seem to have stopped coming in.

From them all I would just like to comment on the above. I am rather surprised as to why the opinions and comments I made should start WW3.

Remember Voltaire`s dictum.
THOTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 20:07   #39
Beacon of light

Smile Re: Answers and Comments Please

I don't think it was quite ww3.......I didn't see Tony Blair OR George Bush about the place it is good to get a varied response......and I think you can safely say that there has been a lot of interest in this thread.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 20:30   #40
white rabbits

well i for 1 am enjoying it , (keep it comming )
Old 08-03-2005, 21:03   #41
Senior Member+

I did'nt see his post so I missed his dictum

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 21:04   #42

At the risk of sounding blonde...whats Voltaires dictum?
Old 08-03-2005, 21:09   #43
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazf

I did'nt see his post so I missed his dictum
I remember something about Voltaire and his dictum, the only problem is I've forgotten what the hell it was all about.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 21:10   #44
Member.

Quote:
At the risk of sounding blonde...whats Voltaires dictum?
Your not Blonde????

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 21:11   #45

I'm a closet redhead. And a bleach addict.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..