Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-07-2010, 17:12   #406
Resting in Peace

Re: Bookworms: What are you reading at the moment?

I'm about to get in my reading mode again, I'm just about to start The Collaborator by Gerald Seymour, ain't read any of his before
Old 28-07-2010, 21:08   #407
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumped View Post
Not neccessary to read the Jack Reacher novels in order, but advisable as individual plots tend to hark back to specific characters and experiences as featured in previous outings. Have finished my first Charlie 'Bird' Parker novel which tended to skip about between plots, but am well into the second one which is just as 'dark' but much easier to follow. His gay associates, Angel and Louie are brilliantly characterised as both have plenty of skeletons in their own cupboards, hence their extraordinary ties with Parker.

Peter James 'Roy Grace' detective novels set in the south-east of England have been recommended to me. Have picked up a couple which I have put on hold for the time being.
Have just finished the latest (6th) in Peter James's 'Detective Superintendent Roy Grace' series, a crime series set in and around Brighton. The series follow on from one another in time and provide a gripping, addictive series of believable incidents and characters (with all their flaws) that I can recommend to any thriller buff. Peter James also writes stand alone horrow novels of which I have sampled a couple and enjoyed. Not late night reading for the faint hearted, though. I have just lent one to my sister which she says scared the sh*t out of her - if you'll pardon my French!
Stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2010, 21:18   #408
God Member

Was lucky enough to meet Peter James in London only a few months ago. He was presenting one of the awards at the Adult Learners Award Ceremony.

I am just starting the 1st of the Twilight books... not seen any of the films, I am hoping it to be good
Old 29-07-2010, 19:28   #409
Senior Member+

im listening to the audiobooks version Gideon The Cutpurse trilogy by Linda Buckley Archer The books are pretty much meant as children's books, but i love time travel stories, I have read the first two before, but i just got the third so im starting from scratch....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyLass View Post
Was lucky enough to meet Peter James in London only a few months ago. He was presenting one of the awards at the Adult Learners Award Ceremony.

I am just starting the 1st of the Twilight books... not seen any of the films, I am hoping it to be good
the Twilight films are dogpi$$ hope the books are better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Outlanders 50 - Skull Throne
hm i got the number of the book wrong for this one
Old 30-07-2010, 15:40   #410

Quote:

I have read them all the first one was good, second one not bad but lost the plot after that. Haven't seen the films and no real desire to.
kikine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2010, 17:49   #411
Senior Member+

George Melly's 3 part Autobiography for me at the moment!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2010, 21:08   #412
God Member

Bret Easton Ellis - American Psycho
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2010, 21:25   #413
God Member

The Heroin Diaries.........Nikki Sixx....................
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2010, 21:26   #414
God Member

Quote:

I`m the other way round seen the films but not read the books...........the wife says the books are miles better than the films.........enjoy
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2010, 22:51   #415
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipinfort View Post
I`m the other way round seen the films but not read the books...........the wife says the books are miles better than the films.........enjoy
I've just watched the 1st film, thought it was good... so am really looking forward to the rest of the book now and the others!
Old 01-08-2010, 03:04   #416

Am gripped by the Peter James novels, they are sharp and and believable. Need to know what happened to the wife. Keeps me interested.
shazfury1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 01:09   #417

Im rereading the harry potter series before the new film comes out in november..
ossygaz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 20:45   #418
God Member

Over the weekend, I have finished Twilight (Excellent by the way)
Read AllHallows Eve - Richard Laymon and am just about to finish Night Show - Richard Laymon
Old 09-08-2010, 21:41   #419
God Member

Can someone please tell me that they are reading something other than toilet wall graffitti?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 21:46   #420
God Member

aye, i'm re-reading a book called 'the jigsaw man' by criminal psychologist Paul Britton...it goes through all the infamous cases of recent year, Rose and Fred West, the Jamie Bulger killers, Rachel Nickel etc, brilliant book, would highly recommend it, i hate all that fiction bollox, give me something true anyday
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..