Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-09-2009, 09:35   #271
Resting in Peace

Re: Bookworms: What are you reading at the moment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
im not a collector myself. Actually I dont read much in the sense of sitting with a good book. I type for a living and to pass the day i listen to audiobooks and i have gone through a lot of dean's books that way. I have noticed that he seems to have relaxed a lot. I noticed a few early books have a government agaisnt us kinda feel to them. What i really like about dean is that he is always trying to teach us humility and the more he writes the more he seems to be putting that accross and even more so with the odd thomas books... I didnt like darkest evening of the year but thats the thing with dean he loves his dogs a lot
Ya in his early books like Watcher and Lightening it was based on monsters but has he's moved on he has gone more on the more human issues and thing that are not as fare fetched as his earlier works. He actually wrote a few books under another name, just for got what name he used but one of the books was Door to December, which he later released under Dean Koontz, round abut the same time he dropped the "R" out of his title, Watchers was Dean R. Koontz
Old 20-09-2009, 10:27   #272
Senior Member+

yeah. I read door to decemember last year. Its quite disturbing first half of the book.Dean has had a few pen names. I dunno if all of them has come out
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2009, 16:37   #273
Resting in Peace

Quote:
yeah. I read door to december last year. Its quite disturbing first half of the book.Dean has had a few pen names. I dunno if all of them has come out
He only uses Dean Koontz now Restless, and has done for a while now, over 15 years, that's when he re-released old titles under Dean Koontz, think he has over 50 title to his name now.
Old 20-09-2009, 17:27   #274
Resting in Peace

It seems my last post was a little previous really, Koontz uses no fewer than 9 or maybe 10 pen names, he has written in the name of a woman Deanna Dwyer, other names include Brian Coffey, David Axton, John Hill, K. R. Dwyer, Leigh Nichols ( originally wrote Door to December under that name) Leanard Chris, Owen West and Richard Paige, all though I certainly haven't seen anything under Leigh Nichols for years now.
Old 20-09-2009, 18:24   #275
Senior Member+

i think most of his pen name books have been rereleased under dean koontz. The revision of demon seed was great. I read on a site somewhere that he stil writes under a pen name but its ultra secret and i dont know if its true not been able to find any more info out about it
Old 21-09-2009, 09:30   #276
Resting in Peace

Quote:
i think most of his pen name books have been rereleased under dean koontz. The revision of demon seed was great. I read on a site somewhere that he stil writes under a pen name but its ultra secret and i dont know if its true not been able to find any more info out about it
I actually found a site last night (Dean Koontz Books and Information)which tells you all his pen names and which books he has written under which names and if he has released them under Koontz, there are quite a few that haven't, although everything under Leigh Nichols has been released, Twilight was renamed Servants of Twilight
Old 21-09-2009, 11:15   #277
God Member

I have read most of King's and a lot of Koontz, but have lost the taste for it.
I actually got King's 'Lisey's Story' for a xmas pressie 2 years ago and have never finished it.

I don't enjoy being horrified any more - must be because there is too much real horror going on.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2009, 15:59   #278
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I actually got King's 'Lisey's Story' for a xmas pressie 2 years ago and have never finished it.

I don't enjoy being horrified any more - must be because there is too much real horror going on.
Koontz has changed so much to what he was Margaret, he writes more physiological thrillers now as opposed to horror
Old 21-09-2009, 16:39   #279
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post

cant blame you for not finishing lisey's story...one of his worst. Makes up for it tenfold with duma key though
Old 21-09-2009, 18:14   #280
Senior Member+

Providing you dont Kiss Me....20 years with Brian Clough, by Duncan Hamilton. A good read about a true Character!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2009, 09:53   #281
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
Providing you dont Kiss Me....20 years with Brian Clough, by Duncan Hamilton. A good read about a true Character!

Best Regards - Taggy
Bet that's a good read Young man
Old 22-09-2009, 10:18   #282
God Member

bought a book the other week called 'tell me why, mummy' by David Thomas, i read the prologue in it..and i threw it in the bin, wouldnt recommend it to anyone, from the 2 pages i read its sick..yes abuse does go on like this lad suffered but i just couldnt read anymore

i bought it because the author is from Halifax...the things his mum made him do where just too horrible
Old 22-09-2009, 12:56   #283
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Bet that's a good read Young man
LOL!!! I wouldn't say its the best book ive read this year....but its in the top 1 !!!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2009, 15:56   #284
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
LOL!!! I wouldn't say its the best book ive read this year....but its in the top 1 !!!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Seems we're both on the same wavelength Taggy
Old 29-09-2009, 20:58   #285
God Member

Another e book (I like freebies)
Penetration - The Question of Extraterrestrial and Human Telepathy, by Ingo Swann (text format)

This man was employed by CIA in the black ops Remote Viewing programme
Ingo Swann - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..