Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2010, 10:42   #31
Resting in Peace

Re: Cost of a Replacement Combi Boiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
Well i've just had Derek round, and what a nice chap he is, gave me some great advice, and saved me a lot of money too. Most of what British Gas had told me previously was complete "Horlicks" Not only do i not need a new boiler as yet, but it doesn't need the Powerflush and spirovent either which British Gas quoted me £695 for. I need some chemicals putting in my system which Derek can do for about £85!

Needless to say i'm booking Derek to do the job and will be ditching British Gas for the annual Service/Maintenance contract too, and signing up with Dereks firm, as thats cheaper too. On top of the cost savings, i know i'm getting good honest advice and service too rather than the mercenary tactics that British Gas employ! Thanks Again Derek, much appreciated.

Best Regards - Taggy
My Father had a maintenance contract with BG and they tried it on with him too Taggy, needless to say they got told where to go, and how to do it, like walking in wet footsteps
Old 02-06-2010, 11:16   #32
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
It's sad to see that some things and Companies never change:-

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ont-24760.html

Thank goodness there are still some honest trades people to put us on the right path.

Shame on you B.G.

Yep 4 years on and still using the same methods eh! When will these companies learn that ripping folk off aint a good long term policy, they are out on their ear from my point of view now!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 11:17   #33
God Member

Thank you Taggy, always glad to help HONESTLY!!
Old 02-06-2010, 11:18   #34
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
My Father had a maintenance contract with BG and they tried it on with him too Taggy, needless to say they got told where to go, and how to do it, like walking in wet footsteps
As soon as i've signed the one with Dereks firm, i'll be telling BG summat similar Jaysay!

Best Regards - Taggy
Old 02-06-2010, 11:19   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
Thank you Taggy, always glad to help HONESTLY!!
Your welcome Derek, and thanks again! Speak Soon!

Best Regards - Taggy
Old 02-06-2010, 18:11   #36

WD Derek....
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 18:13   #37
God Member

Thank you Mattylad.
Old 02-06-2010, 18:59   #38
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
Needless to say i'm booking Derek to do the job.....
Did he warn you about how much coffee he drinks?
Old 03-06-2010, 06:54   #39
God Member

Haha, I drink tea Neil, copious amounts of tea
Old 03-06-2010, 09:22   #40
Resting in Peace

Just watched Don't get done get Dom on the BBC, was taking British Gas to task over their maintenance contracts, I think it makes a big difference when someone rings them and says Hello this is Do manic Littlewood from the BBC, you can hear the panic on the other end of the phone, but at the fees they charge they should give a far better service than thy do, as it appears that 7 out of 10 maintenance contracts are with British Gas, maybe people would be better off looking closer to home and give the work to people like Derek
Old 03-06-2010, 10:11   #41
God Member

To put BG charges into perspective, if I want to compete with them on web clicks (adword etc), to come top in a search against them, in ANY related category, it costs around £7.00 PER CLICK, plus multiple channel radio and tv ads, there is far more goes into advertising for new business than looking after the existing custom. The customers pay more towards advertising for new business than anything else.
Old 03-06-2010, 15:49   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Just watched Don't get done get Dom on the BBC, was taking British Gas to task over their maintenance contracts, I think it makes a big difference when someone rings them and says Hello this is Do manic Littlewood from the BBC, you can hear the panic on the other end of the phone, but at the fees they charge they should give a far better service than thy do, as it appears that 7 out of 10 maintenance contracts are with British Gas, maybe people would be better off looking closer to home and give the work to people like Derek
Yep i was watching that Jaysay...they should'nt have to be shamed into decent service, but unfortunately it seems big companies dont give a monkeys about loyalty these days...unless they think it might hit the bottom line...then they begrudgingly act! For that chap to be without his boiler for 5 months was shameful!

Best Regards - Taggy

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..