Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2008, 21:25   #31
God Member

Re: Divorce

My divorce took about 3 month
pretty quick really . came out went for a beer with my solicitor and sent hubby a happy divore card . havent looked back . mind you he has hehe.
In all fairness we are mates now
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-03-2008, 21:27   #32
God Member

I celebrated my divorce by spending a night on the town with his best friend
revenge was sweet --- I was only 40 then and still had the urge and inclination

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 21:30   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I celebrated my divorce by spending a night on the town with his best friend
revenge was sweet --- I was only 40 then and still had the urge and inclination

Hey we dont loose it at 40

and your right revenge is sweet .
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 21:35   #34
Resting in Peace

I didn't fell particularly elated when my divorce came through, although glad I went down that road ... Certainly not cause for going out on the razz.

Have been brought up to believe in the Institution of Marriage and all that goes with it, probably because my parents had a good marriage and lived/worked for each other and myself and my brother to give us a good life ... just felt I may have failed in some way.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 21:02   #35
Senior Member+

I felt at first like I had failed but soon came to realise that in no way whatsoever was it my fault and I had done everything that I possibly could so no longer feel like that but know I will be celbrating for sure

Am counting down the days!!!!!
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 21:03   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Are we all invited to th divorce party then emzy

And yes........... will post the details when its happening!!
Old 24-07-2008, 15:54   #37
Senior Member+

It's finally come through...............as of the 22nd of July I am now officially divorced
Old 24-07-2008, 16:32   #38
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzy View Post
It's finally come through...............as of the 22nd of July I am now officially divorced
Congrats emzy, whens the official party then
Old 24-07-2008, 16:34   #39
Senior Member+

Thats to be planned lol need to sort out enough money to party lol
Old 24-07-2008, 16:49   #40
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

I'm seperated, it has been suggested that after all this time perhaps I should go for a divorce?

I have several answers to that,

I married for life.
I'm not paying for anything, if she want's a divorce she can pay for everything.
While I'm still married to my one and only mistake, I can't possibly be tempted to make the same mistake again.
If she needs to make that mistake again, she would by now have put the money up front.

Yes, it took 30 years to realise we had nothing in common, but, no way do I want to be free to find someone that could be twice as bad, give me a quiet bed rather than a quiet sulk!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2008, 08:47   #41
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
I didn't fell particularly elated when my divorce came through, although glad I went down that road ... Certainly not cause for going out on the razz.

Have been brought up to believe in the Institution of Marriage and all that goes with it, probably because my parents had a good marriage and lived/worked for each other and myself and my brother to give us a good life ... just felt I may have failed in some way.
I feel exactly the same way. My divorce is going through at the moment, but I hadn't heard anything for a while so I rang the court to find out what was going on. I thought that maybe I'd missed something, but it turned out that they'd filed the papers instead of passing them on for the Judge.

Prices of divorces have increased enormously. Just doing it yourself costs £300 for the initial submission to the court, then a further £40 for the Absolute (or whatever it's called).

Now that things are rolling again I think it'll all be sorted out by September, but I won't be celebrating anything. I don't see anything to celebrate, as I failed in something that was important to me.
Old 25-07-2008, 08:59   #42
Senior Member+

For me its the closure of what wasnt the best of experiences and it is the start of the rest of my life. This is why i'll be celebrating
Old 25-07-2008, 09:26   #43
Senior Member+

I was talking personally and not commenting on other people. Everyone is different.
Old 25-07-2008, 09:46   #44
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
I was talking personally and not commenting on other people. Everyone is different.
I know you were, dont worry. Just explaining why I am happy that it has finally gone through
Old 25-07-2008, 10:04   #45
God Member

When my divorce came through I felt much like TM that I had failed in some way. It was weird really because like you Em I also felt I was saying goddbye to a bad part of my life. Most people get married believing it is for life but unfortunately often that isn't the case. Best just to move on believe me life can and does get better

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..