Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-07-2008, 10:27   #46
Resting in Peace

Re: Divorce

I've been divorced twice, the first one had me feeling much like TM and Bernie, because there were kids involve, but the second one I didn't give a toss. I have had a lady friend now for close on 19 years and although we don't live together and live miles appart, I've never been as happy as I am now, even though my health is failing and my lifestyle has been drastically affected over the last 12 months, at least I now have someone who cares and you don't need a piece of paper for that
Old 25-07-2008, 10:50   #47
Senior Member+

To be honest I do feel like I have failed in a way but my future is more important than the past. I somehow feel that I married for the wrong reasons, part of me know that I did it for the kids. The Boys are far happier now and will be far happier throughtout life than if I was still married, the constant arguements etc would not have been good for them. I am happier now than I have ever been, have my boys and someone very close who means a lot and things for me are a lot more relaxed and settled and I am far more content now.
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2008, 10:54   #48
God Member

You are right Emzy just look to the future hope it is a happy one
Old 25-07-2008, 10:56   #49
Senior Member+

Me too lol

Have been through a lot, and i know ill never be able to forget it but have just put it down to experience and will get on with the rest of my life knowing its gonna be better than my past
Old 25-07-2008, 12:32   #50
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzy View Post
Me too lol

Have been through a lot, and i know ill never be able to forget it but have just put it down to experience and will get on with the rest of my life knowing its gonna be better than my past
I think that's right. Everything that happens to you throughout life, both good and bad, contributes to who you are today. Everyone has regrets, but you move on all the wiser for that.
Old 25-07-2008, 14:22   #51
God Member

Was just wondering how old people were when they got married, I was only nineteen and think I was to young. Having said that my sister got married at nineteen and they are still going strong after twenty seven years. How old were you when you got married??
Old 25-07-2008, 14:25   #52
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Was just wondering how old people were when they got married, I was only nineteen and think I was to young. Having said that my sister got married at nineteen and they are still going strong after twenty seven years. How old were you when you got married??

I was 24 when i got married, so not what i would say as too young really
Old 25-07-2008, 14:42   #53
God Member

Quote:
I was 24 when i got married, so not what i would say as too young really
Agree with you like me you wed the wrong person Having said that my second marriage was a success so must have learnt something through the disatarous first one
Old 25-07-2008, 15:13   #54
God Member

Quote:
It's finally come through...............as of the 22nd of July I am now officially divorced

congrats hunni
Old 25-07-2008, 15:23   #55
God Member

[quote=emzy;610825]For me its the closure of what wasnt the best of experiences and it is the start of the rest of my life. This is why i'll be celebrating[/quote

Wishing you all the best for `the start of the rest of you`re life` congrats
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2008, 15:35   #56
God Member

Seems like the question that should be being asked is "why the hell do people get married"? I tried it twice .... didn't do too well, obviously. Looks like it might be hard to find anyone on here, or anywhere else for that matter, who has not been divorced.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2008, 15:41   #57
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Seems like the question that should be being asked is "why the hell do people get married"? I tried it twice .... didn't do too well, obviously. Looks like it might be hard to find anyone on here, or anywhere else for that matter, who has not been divorced.
You lookin' for a virgin Eric ...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2008, 15:45   #58
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
No-bodies perfect! Perfection is just something people strive to reach when it isnt actually possible. You're not human if you dont make a mistake or two
Old 25-07-2008, 15:48   #59

All the best to you, Emzy. I married at 27 and the marriage lasted for twenty years. For me, divorce was the end of one chapter of my life and I was then free to start on another, but it impacts on the children, their education suffered as a result - my daughters should have gone to university, and my son possibly played cricket for Lancashire. Who knows?
ossylass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2008, 16:31   #60
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
You lookin' for a virgin Eric ...
There's not many of them knocking about in our age group kate, male or female

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..