Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Should the site be for 'Real' Members
Yes, always attack the idiot's keep the site clean. 8 80.00%
No, never attack them they should be allowed full control 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2012, 21:39   #16
Super Moderator

Re: How Many Folk Want The Idiot's To Take Over?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Seems i have missed summat today?? The latest one i notice is banned again, Thats what happens when i spend the afternoon at the game.
That's something else too...it's great to vent your frustrations on a passing idiot when Stanley have lost! Idiots are useful!
Old 04-08-2012, 21:40   #17
Senior Member+

The third option that is missing is - Everybody should stick to the forum rules/General forum etiquette
Old 04-08-2012, 21:50   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
The third option that is missing is - Everybody should stick to the forum rules/General forum etiquette
Well said Restless one...

Perhaps it's the influence of the current plague in Ossy, but for some reason "The Lord of the Flies" comes to mind

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 21:56   #19
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Well said Restless one...

Perhaps it's the influence of the current plague in Ossy, but for some reason "The Lord of the Flies" comes to mind
So taking the mickey out of the occasional idiot who pitches up on this forum is comparable to killing someone? Don't be so melodramatic!
Old 04-08-2012, 22:30   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
So taking the mickey out of the occasional idiot who pitches up on this forum is comparable to killing someone? Don't be so melodramatic!
Its dead easy to see how the P.C. brigade started.!!
Old 04-08-2012, 22:40   #21
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Deary, deary me, I see someone with a sense of mischief has been at the poll.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:05   #22
God Member

Quote:
No, it's just the regression to ganging up on someone perceived as weaker or different.

I was always the one who tried to keep the peace in the playground at school

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:19   #23
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
No, it's just the regression to ganging up on someone perceived as weaker or different.

I was always the one who tried to keep the peace in the playground at school
Those doing the ganging up often like to complain when they find their posts deleted or infractions given and think they are the persecuted ones
Old 05-08-2012, 08:25   #24

All this because of a mild rebuke in the "Who Would You Vote For?" thread.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:52   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
All this because of a mild rebuke in the "Who Would You Vote For?" thread.
well the other idiots should know.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:53   #26
Senior Member+

I don't think it was melodramatic, perhaps a bit harsh. Most forums this kind of thread would have been deleted by now.

And it goes to show that careful choice of admin/moderators works, as the undesirables soon get banned. It is not because "the click" (spelt purposefully for comedic effect) wanted them gone(or kestrelx would be banned instead of lasting as long as most here), but because rules are broken and are enforced fairly.

This is the way all forums should be.

Quote:
Old 05-08-2012, 09:03   #27
Resting in Peace

Its often been said that new members don't stick around much because they get stick if they come on spouting pure dross, there's a hell of a lot more sites wish they had a 10th of the daily contribution this site gets, in fact out of the 4 local sites Burnley is now like the dodo Rossendale is close, Blackburn is picking up slightly, yet Accy keeps going on and on and on, funny old world ain't it
Old 05-08-2012, 09:14   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Its often been said that new members don't stick around much because they get stick if they come on spouting pure dross, there's a hell of a lot more sites wish they had a 10th of the daily contribution this site gets, in fact out of the 4 local sites Burnley is now like the dodo Rossendale is close, Blackburn is picking up slightly, yet Accy keeps going on and on and on, funny old world ain't it
I don't think this thread is really about new members, more about a comment in the "Who Would You Vote Thread?", which seems to have put a few noses out of joint.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:38   #29
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
I don't think this thread is really about new members, more about a comment in the "Who Would You Vote Thread?", which seems to have put a few noses out of joint.
The thread starter was a new old member
Old 05-08-2012, 09:39   #30
Super Moderator

Look, it boils down to this - I'm going to go on taking the mickey out of any out-and-out idiot who turns up on here (and they're quite welcome to respond in kind - I won't lose any sleep over it). I can't speak for them, but I'm pretty sure that Cashy, Jaysay, Garinda, Less and the rest of the "click" or "gang" as Mobertol likes to view us , is going to, as well. The only people who can decide what should or shouldn't happen on here are the moderators (who generally enforce the rules quite fairly as Restless rightly says). As Jaysay points out, it doesn't seem to do Accyweb much harm, as we're far and away the most popular, lively local forum around here!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..