Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Should the site be for 'Real' Members
Yes, always attack the idiot's keep the site clean. 8 80.00%
No, never attack them they should be allowed full control 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2012, 09:57   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: How Many Folk Want The Idiot's To Take Over?

Well i aint gonna change fer no beggar, i have never reckoned to be summat i aint, if some don't like it,tough titty.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:02   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Look, it boils down to this - I'm going to go on taking the mickey out of any out-and-out idiot who turns up on here (and they're quite welcome to respond in kind - I won't lose any sleep over it). I can't speak for them, but I'm pretty sure that Cashy, Jaysay, Garinda, Less and the rest of the "click" or "gang" as Mobertol likes to view us , is going to, as well. The only people who can decide what should or shouldn't happen on here are the moderators (who generally enforce the rules quite fairly as Restless rightly says). As Jaysay points out, it doesn't seem to do Accyweb much harm, as we're far and away the most popular, lively local forum around here!
I remember that Garinda eventually came to the defence of Bee when he found out how old he was.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:09   #33
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
I remember that Garinda eventually came to the defence of Bee when he found out how old he was.
So did I when I was told the truth, but you seem to forget that he originally said he was an adult in his 30's and was treated as such. The latest idiot is a 22 year old trainee accountant with a girlfriend and daughter. If that's the truth, then he's old enough and experienced enough to deal with having the rise taken out of him. If he isn't what he says he is, he's breaking the rules and shouldn't be on here anyway.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:14   #34
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
When Bee came on here he made out he was in his late twenties, and for what it is I've never been convinced that he actually existed, to say he wanted to make so many friends, he never made contact in person with anybody and the easiest person to contact is Lancsdave at giftprint, who would have confirmed his existence
Old 05-08-2012, 10:20   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
he never made contact in person with anybody and the easiest person to contact is Lancsdave at giftprint, who would have confirmed his existence
I'm not sure I'm the best person to confirm I've met an Accyweb idiot from coming in the shop, I'd have to post on the "I've met an Accywebber" thread every day that I'd seen Cashy
Old 05-08-2012, 10:23   #36
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
When Bee came on here he made out he was in his late twenties, and for what it is I've never been convinced that he actually existed, to say he wanted to make so many friends, he never made contact in person with anybody and the easiest person to contact is Lancsdave at giftprint, who would have confirmed his existence
Who he is was confirmed but due to data protection I obviously won't tell you his real name.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:34   #37
Beacon of light

I'm not interested in who they are......just that the contribute in a reasonable and sensible way...and give something to the forum, rather than make it somewhere that you don't want to be.

I can't vote because there isn't an option which reflects my moderate(not PC)views.

I can't see that attacking them at every opportunity is productive.......and it could be seen as bullying and prevent new members from joining.

There is room for all shades of opinion....and we don't have to agree with what someone is posting, but it is immature to lampoon someone just because we have a theory that they might not be who they say they are....or because we don't like their opinion.

I do not think we should let those who make a mockery of this sensible forum take over either - but don't we have moderators who can look after these issues....and a report button if we think the person has over stepped the mark??
That's me..... done!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:35   #38
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Who he is was confirmed but due to data protection I obviously won't tell you his real name.
I believe what I see with my own eyes Neil not what others tell me, with all due respect
Old 05-08-2012, 10:50   #39
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
I believe what I see with my own eyes Neil not what others tell me, with all due respect
You are a life long tory so you are not allowed your own opinion and have to believe what you are told to believe
Old 05-08-2012, 10:53   #40
God Member

Quote:
with all due respect
That isn't 'respect' - that is an accusation of lying.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:55   #41
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
You are a life long Tory so you are not allowed your own opinion and have to believe what you are told to believe
I'm also a roman catholic, but I don't agree with some of their teachings Call me Dave says we are better off in Europe, my answer is, well the second words off
Old 05-08-2012, 11:01   #42
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
That isn't 'respect' - that is an accusation of lying.
You mean lying in the way Men Walked on the moon or the CIA blew up the twin towers
Old 05-08-2012, 11:05   #43
God Member

Quote:
You mean lying in the way Men Walked on the moon or the CIA blew up the twin towers
“It is better to offer no excuse than a bad one.”
George Washington

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 13:59   #44
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

May I start by apologising to each and everyone of you that has posted in this thread, The reason?
Well with a title like How Many Folk Want The Idiot's To Take Over? and two rather stupid poll questions I didn't expect anyone to actually take it seriously, in fact I expected my favourite mod to move it straight into 'Anything Goes', (perhaps I should have put it there in the first place?).

I think DIG sussed it in the first few moments hence my reply to him with:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Yes, a fair comment from a fair minded man, did you really think I would use such easy bait to catch you?

This is for those that think with their heart but wouldn't touch the site if the people they protect had control.
His reply being:-
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Quite, I now see the logic behind the phrasing of your questions, do carry on with your survey Sir & may it be a resounding endorsement for sensible folk.

The only other person that appears to have taken it as light hearted banter is the person that voted, No, never attack them they should be allowed full control.

Still the thread manged to get to three pages without anyone actually falling out or getting abusive, quite an acheivement for all concerned. Perhaps we can do it again some time in the 'real' threads?

Of course I blame the 'lympics, nowt to occupy my mind and various other trivial little things, the rest of you can just blame me.

Oh by the way Mr. Mod, I'm not sure if this poll is open ended, as when I filled it in I don't remember putting a date in so if you could pop into your mod' section and check, thank you, anytime at all will do for closing it, we don't won't it appearing mysteriously in a couple of years time.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 14:07   #45
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

It ends on the 9th, maybe Mick set a close date, it shows he changed something but I am not sure what.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..