Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-07-2008, 19:51   #16

Re: loud music at this time of night

The link I gave you is for Hyndburn as well. It was just for your info really and giving you the telephone numbers and the opening times. It was easier to link to it then to put all the info on here
forceten is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-07-2008, 19:52   #17
God Member

Other neighbours must be suffering too.
Can you not consult them with a view to an 'enmasse' knock at their door
but for goodness sake - no violence or you will be the one in bother

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2008, 19:53   #18
Caz
God Member

Sorry GG if my post came accross wrong.
Margaret, Most of us aren't HH tenants only a small minority of Accrington residents will be.
The main problem in this instance is that they don't seem to regard one offs as a disturbance, however stressful they are.
What is the point of having a noise team - apparently only Friday/ Saturday anyway - (don't they think morons like to disturb people during the week?) if they aren't going to take immediate action? may as well just ring them on monday morning!
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2008, 19:56   #19
Caz
God Member

Communicating with the perpetrators was one of the options suggested to me. anyone tried to "communicate" with 50 or more drunken revellers... only to be met with abuse?
Old 31-07-2008, 20:04   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

had a similar problem a few summers ago with n horrible git near us, used to come home in car 3-4 o clock at morning, windows wide open on car, music full blast, then the cheeky git used to sit in car fer 10-15 mins listening to his cd finish. was not a happy cashy. so i put a letter through his door, saying what was going to happen to his precious car if he persisted, unsigned of coarse, guess what? hes never done it since. worth trying.
Old 31-07-2008, 20:06   #21
God Member

My god .... you folks seem to make things difficulty for yourselves: you mean there is no bylaw against excessive noise? If I had a problem like this one, I would pick up the phone, call the KPD; they would send someone over to tell the party people to tone it down .... simple. If they have to come along a second time: there is a hefty fine, or several tickets, handed out and the party is over Why the hell do you need something called a Night Time Noise Service when you have coppers? I just don't get it
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2008, 20:08   #22
Caz
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Other neighbours must be suffering too.
Can you not consult them with a view to an 'enmasse' knock at their door
but for goodness sake - no violence or you will be the one in bother
The trouble with that Margaret, is some people just won't get involved. They will stand on their doorstep moaning, but won't do anything for fear of come back. Then when someone does complain, they think ... well no one else has... maybe it's just her! Some people need to grow some B...s. instead of wimping out.
Old 31-07-2008, 20:13   #23
God Member

You may need to get inventive-
masquerade as one of them to get access
in order to flick the switch on their mains supply

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2008, 20:17   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
My god .... you folks seem to make things difficulty for yourselves: you mean there is no bylaw against excessive noise? If I had a problem like this one, I would pick up the phone, call the KPD; they would send someone over to tell the party people to tone it down .... simple. If they have to come along a second time: there is a hefty fine, or several tickets, handed out and the party is over Why the hell do you need something called a Night Time Noise Service when you have coppers? I just don't get it
As Eric says , I can't believe the Police will take no action against excessive noise/public disturbance , and any enforcement is up to some clowns from the local council , seems to me you need a couple of the deputy sheriffs that patrol my area to come over and bang a few heads.
If the local police aren't bothered about low level 'crime' how do they expect public co-operation when the stuff really hits the fan .
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2008, 20:26   #25
Caz
God Member

I think a lot of problems could be sorted out if people would get more involved with their area. In my instance, the only reaction is from one person who is going to raise this particular noise nuisance at the next residents meeting...whenever that may be.

I have reported many an incident, of various types, in my vicinity to the police. When I ask if anyone else has reported anything the answer is a resounding "NO".

As for police response... I reported an incident brewing the other night. A member of a notorious family in my area smashed the window next door to me, smashed a bottle on the back alley, then proceeded to go round the back and enter the back yard of the neighbouring property to have a pee! I objected to this in my view, and what transpired led to my son being assaulted. the police finally contacted us 3 hours later!
Old 31-07-2008, 20:56   #26
God Member

just shows you how much a joke the police are in lancashire...
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2008, 20:57   #27
God Member

I just checked with the KPD .... and I was right. They will respond to "excessive noise" complaints at any time .... day or night, don't matter. The copper I was talking to on the phone said that on busy nights (Friday and Saturday) they might be a little slow; but they would be there..... And it gets better: if, in the opinion of the responding officers, the party is out of hand, and they think the party people will not respond to a warning, they shut it down right away. Bonus

I don't know how things are finnanced over there; but our police services are funded from municipal taxes .... every year they present a budget to the Police Services Board (made up of councillors, members of the public, and representatives of the force .... the police force that is, not Jedi Knights) .... what it boils down to is that a portion of the tax I pay to the city goes towards policing .... that means I help pay for policing, and I expect service for the money I put out

I told the copper what went on over there; his response: "You gotta be kidding me"!
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 00:48   #28

Is it naughty to shoot chavs that park outside my house and rev their engines and play music loud??? And i mean when my kids are in bed.

I love Jaffa Cakes!!

All Hail evil Gloworm!!!

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
(")_(") into your signature to help him gain world domination.

I sometimes lay down at night and stare at the stars and its then i realise.. SOMEONE'S STOLE MY ROOF!!!

I'm always amazed when I hear people saying; "That GORDON BROWN, he's a great leader". And I wonder, where can one find a drug that would make one so delusional?
danny27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 01:13   #29
God Member

bit of a story about loud noise during night-time hours , more than a few years I was working the graveyard/night shift at J T Rothwells on Bridge st. in Church , we used to fabricate steel tanks and pressure vesels , one particular night I was working on a steel vessel that required a bit of extra coercion .......the use of the Monday hammer , a 56 lb steel sledge hammer , (thus named because after a few swings your body had the Monday morning feeling) ...seems the good folk of Church didn't appreciate being wakened up at 2 in the morning with the reverbarating sound of steel on steel, next thing I knew there was a policeman stood next to me , telling me to tell my boss he could pick up the hammer the following morning at the police station .
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:33   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny27 View Post
Is it naughty to shoot chavs that park outside my house and rev their engines and play music loud??? And i mean when my kids are in bed.
Is that the York St mob?? I get it when they drive around the block to show off to their mates their recent 'improvements'.
Do like Cashy mentioned

churchman phil is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..