Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-07-2008, 19:08   #1
Senior Member+

loud music at this time of night

who do I call regarding this as its been going on since 4 pm...police or who ?
need a reply quick as I am ready to go over and hit someone !
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-07-2008, 19:26   #2
qui
Junior Member+

Re: loud music at this time of night

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasgow guy View Post
who do I call regarding this as its been going on since 4 pm...police or who ?
need a reply quick as I am ready to go over and hit someone !
not 100% sure but i believe 7am-11pm, is not a police matter but an environmental one, shouldn't think you would be able to get hold of anyone there now anyway, is it kids, would they not turn it down if you asked them politely, if not phone the police to ask advice, they may be able to help you.

good luck

qui
qui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2008, 19:27   #3
God Member

ive had that problm with some polish neighbours but i had a secret weapon the mother-in- law .the numpties didnt know it was the mother-in-law was their other next door neighbour so we timed it when they came home from their night shift to put very loud speakers at bothsides of their house think they got the message its been quiet ever since...
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2008, 19:27   #4

Here you go

Pollution control - noise : A - Z of Services : Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council
forceten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2008, 19:33   #5
Caz
God Member

We had a similar problem last weekend. From 2pm in the afternoon. Really loud music,if you can call it that, the main thing we could hear was the constant bass thumping. By 10pm i was getting really stressed out. (It was so loud my son could hear it from the top end of the next street)

I rang the police. Basically nothing they can do, unless it goes on in the early hours of the morning or causing a disturbance. Duh! if that isn't, what is! Even told them the party was spreading into the surrounding area, people dropping their empties etc. Even had people "accidently" opening my front door. (ended up locking it). Still no reaction from them. They put me through to the council's Noise team. Basically as far as they are concerned everyone is entitled to have a party on their property now and again. (It wasn't in their property, it was in the street, Grrr!) Kindly sent me a form to fill in if there is regular nuisance noise from that address. Maybe there won't be. But the next person has a noisy party, then the next! and so on & so on.... Are decent people not allowed to sleep these days or have a peaceful life? seems not!

Some councils have teams that go round if a complaint is made and can act upon it if deemed necessary. Not here it seems

Last edited by Caz; 31-07-2008 at 19:35. Reason: spelling error
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2008, 19:36   #6
Senior Member+

cheers but I am in accrington...
Old 31-07-2008, 19:39   #7
Caz
God Member

I'm in Accy, read my post! You've got your answer there. Wasting your time unless it's regular.
then you have to keep records on the forms they send you. Times, dates, types of disturbance.

Last edited by Caz; 31-07-2008 at 19:40. Reason: grammar
Old 31-07-2008, 19:40   #8
qui
Junior Member+

Quote:
In partnership with Hyndburn Borough Council the Night Time Noise service operates on Friday and Saturday nights from 8pm to 3am

they work alongside Hyndburn
qui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2008, 19:41   #9
God Member

Quote:
where the council or police have no bottle they are disgrace...why make laws when nobody wll implement them....has it stopped yet?
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2008, 19:42   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazzer View Post
I'm in Accy, read my post! You've got your answer there. Wasting your time unless it's regular.
then you have to keep records on the forms they send you. Times, dates, types of disturbance.

my answer was in reply to the link on the post above - that was for blackburn..

read your post and thanks...police did say theres nothing they can do...and gave me the number for twin valley homes
Old 31-07-2008, 19:42   #11
Caz
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qui View Post
In partnership with Hyndburn Borough Council the Night Time Noise service operates on Friday and Saturday nights from 8pm to 3am

Yes you can phone them! But what you get in response is what I have already stated!

Last edited by Caz; 31-07-2008 at 19:43. Reason: spelling
Old 31-07-2008, 19:43   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:

double post...
Old 31-07-2008, 19:44   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:

today is thursday...no good ! or did I read that bit wrong ?
Old 31-07-2008, 19:46   #14
God Member

If you and they are Hyndburn Homes tenants you have a chance of your complaint being listened to. HH have ASBO officers to deal with any sort of nuisance.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2008, 19:48   #15
Senior Member+

no I am a home owner...is that me scuppered then ?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..