Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-08-2007, 11:17   #31
God Member

Re: 1 in 4 living off benefits

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I encourage anyone who might be entitled to claim. Check out your rights here
entitledto

Also report the cheats on the website address I put in an earlier post.

There is a budget of money allocated yearly for benefits. The more cheats that get stopped - the more there is to share out amongst the people who are entitled to it

(in effect they are robbing tax payers and benefits claimants alike)
I agree with you Margaret, Granny should claim the money she is entitled to it!!
Old 29-08-2007, 12:06   #32
God Member

I have no problem with genuine claiments getting what they are entitled to. I do have issues with a system that makes it uneconomical to work. I don't blame the people who can sit there earning more from benefits as they could ever do from working, that is using your head and looking after your family. What needs sorting is why this is the cause. To me benefits should be there to provide a support network to ensure people are provided a basic level of living when they are unable to do so themselves. I often wonder why having dodgy knees can be a cause for disablility allowance, Can't they sit at a desk/till/etc like a lot of working people do? I work with a lad who is severely affect by thalidomide such that he types with his toes. To look at him earning his living with what he has to put up with should shame a heck of a lot of people who sit there and collect the coin. Unfortuantleyas I said earlier, the system is flawed such that they are doing teh right thing for themselves.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2007, 17:51   #33
God Member

[quote=bullseyebarb;464873]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampman View Post
The news in the LET that one in four people of working age in East Lancs are either shunning work or on benefits surprised me.quote]

Doesn't surprise me.
Doesn't surprise me that it doesn't surprise you.

I would be suspicious of the Stats ... seems like whenever someone wishes to propse a lowering of benefits, or a tightening up of qualifications for benefits stats like this hit the media.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2007, 18:27   #34
Senior Member+

must say that sounds like a reasonable argument

like i've never been gone
beechy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2007, 18:35   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beechy View Post
must say that sounds like a reasonable argument
Doesn't it just?
Old 29-08-2007, 19:20   #36
Senior Member+

half of the people who claim benefits are asian families who bring their families and so on, i think is disgusting, im not racist but i think is bad the way they claim so much money, half of them have about 20 kids so they dont have to work but yet half of the families drive cars i cant even dream on having.
Yolanda25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2007, 19:39   #37
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolanda25 View Post
half of the people who claim benefits are asian families who bring their families and so on, i think is disgusting, im not racist but i think is bad the way they claim so much money, half of them have about 20 kids so they dont have to work but yet half of the families drive cars i cant even dream on having.
Not racist eh? It's a bit of a sweeping statement that Yolanda; care to tell us where you got your somewhat vague figures from ? Or is this yet another random generalisation ? From a personal perspective the majority of Asian ladies I see in my store with babies are spending money on nappies and babyfood,the majority of white young mums I see are spending money on dummies and ready made up milk formula. Obviously I can't speak for all of them but that's just from my viewpoint.
Old 29-08-2007, 19:54   #38

No a bit over the top Yolanda,20 kids indeed!
There are spongers in all walks of life no matter what colour or creed,but as someone said they are encouraged by the powers that be.
Lampman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2007, 20:14   #39
God Member

All those kids will be ones paying income tax to finance retirement pensions in 20 yrs time. Without those kids there will be populaion imbalance and not enough working age to support an aging population

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2007, 20:22   #40
God Member

Quote:

can i just say....you dont see many, if any, asians on benefits, most of them (most of my asian friends) actually work, they own there own homes, cars and businesses (sp) so yolanda quit the bull
Old 29-08-2007, 20:36   #41
Senior Member+

yeah whatever i wasnt being racist and no u dont see them buying just nappies and whatever, they come to the shop i work and trust me with what one family buys i can make a sunday market for at least 4 weeks, im not racist, in fact my auntie is from pakistan if u must know and she has been in the country for over 40 years but she is a dam good worker, in fact it makes me laugh how sad most of u are , im not being funny but u put ur hand up and tell me that u dont think what i think sometimes
Old 29-08-2007, 21:28   #42

Quote:

Actually you will find most of the "scroungers" are folk with another "income".

Oh and just for the record the easy way to spot someone with a racist statement is when they throw in the comment "I'm not a racist but....."
Stanaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2007, 21:31   #43
Senior Member+

well im really sorry if i have offended anyone, i didnt mean to, im sorry everyone hope u forgive me
Old 30-08-2007, 08:46   #44
God Member

Quote:
well im really sorry if i have offended anyone, i didnt mean to, im sorry everyone hope u forgive me
Don't worry about it Yolanda, your input is as good as any other.
No pasa nada...Chica

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2007, 10:11   #45
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
yet half of the families drive cars i cant even dream on having.
you will find they some dont own the cars but rent them!
got told this of a dealer

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..