Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-11-2006, 17:18   #16
Resting In Peace

Re: 3 simple questions

Only three questions but it still seems a tall order, particularly for a Wednesday evening, but here goes. Question one, I think God is as true as each individual on this Earth because I believe that all living things carry part of God in them, the spirit in other words, and I also believe that when we go through the transition to spirit that we call death then the spirit or God part of us leaves the body and takes with it the knowledge it has gained whilst on the Earth. I also believe that God is neither male or female because as there is only one, God does not need to reproduce.
In answer to the last part of question one, I believe God is here because we are here as we are all part of the spirit of God.
Question two, personally speaking I don't think the world will end because God would not let that happen, God may take a few thousand or million of us back to spirit in order to save the world but I believe God would not destroy or allow the world to be destroyed. but according to the Christian Bible in the book of Revelation the world is to be destroyed by fire next time and judging by the goings on in the middle east of late I may be in for a shock sooner than most folks think.
Question three, I think your statement in this question is partly true because of the saying "These things are sent to try us", to a point I would go along with that, I believe that this life is a place of learning for our souls and all things are equal if you look on the broader aspect of things in general.

In short Chopper it is a wonderful world, and you are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars YOU have a right to be here, Strive to be happy. Namaste.
Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-11-2006, 17:19   #17

1. - There is a god - owns a Brewery !!

2. - World will end when Brewery closes !!

3. - Set future - no !! - you can change from Lager to Bitter or even Cider
mickmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2006, 17:26   #18
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: 3 simple questions

Three simple answers.
Quote:
How many of you believe that God is true and why do you think he is here.
I do not believe that there is a God and I am here to help further the survival of the human species.

Quote:
How do you think the end of the world will happen?
Some cataclysmic event caused by man’s stupidity, selfishness and greed will bring about the end of this so called civilised world. But the human race will survive somewhere on this planet not quite in the dark ages but back to somewhere before the industrial revolution.
Quote:
Do you think we all have a set future and it cannot be changed, that we are all just following a script from beginning to end or do you think our fate is what we make of it?
I do not believe that our future is set in stone and we can make it as we see fit.
Old 15-11-2006, 18:24   #19
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

1. a god?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY c'mon you havein a laugh

2.end of the world?
now how many times as people said that? still waiting!! probably a new virus will wipe us all out!

3. ermmmm..........dunno about that one
Old 15-11-2006, 18:34   #20
God Member

1 no .gods are things what kings made
2 probably when we chop the last tree down the lungs of the world
3 other people have more power to set your fate ie whats gonna stop somebody killing you if they just feel like it.
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2006, 19:18   #21
God Member

The big dude is about watching and shaking his head and asking what went wrong.

We will destroy ourselves along with most forms of life wether it be with war dabbling in dodgy science or we run out of food as the climate changes and deserts get bigger.

If we destroy ourselves then the future aint worth worying about unless we can change it.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2006, 21:27   #22

Question 1

Yes there is a god, something must have been the first cause, this power, or being I call god.

Question 2

End of the world, few million years. End of the universe (or multiverse which is another theory with increasing support) I don't think this will end in a timespan concieve able to man.

Question 3

We start at a set point and end at a set point, what we do in the middle is up to us.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2006, 01:14   #23
white rabbits

well put willow, i agree
Old 16-11-2006, 01:54   #24
Yank in King Art's Court!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
Love it.

Question 1

How many of you believe that God is true and why do you think he is here.

Yes I do believe in him. Why is he here? If by that you mean why does he care about us and what we do I belive that it's because we are all quite literally his children and just as any parent loves their children and worries about them, cares about them, wants to know what is happening to them even when they grow up so he watches over us too. That doesn't make us puppets that he controls every move (obvious) - we all have freedom to do our own thing, even to choose not to believe in him. That freedom means we can do our own thing as I'm always telling my kids sometimes what you do has consequences that are beyond your control. Life isn't about things that happen to us, it's about the choices we make when they do.

Question 2

How do you think the end of the world will happen.

Armageddon - I believe the last war on Earth will happen in the middle east. I also believe Christ will reign over the whole of the earth for 1,000 years and that the earth will be restored after destruction and be as it was when originally created.

Question 3

Do you think we all have a set future and it cannot be changed, that we are all just following a script from beginning to end or do you think our fate is what we make of it.

No certainly no pre-written script. Life is all about choices we make and the consequences of those choices. It's up to us to live up to our full potential and to treat other people in the way we would like to be treated. As I said in answer to Question 1. I believe that everything we do has consequences and affects other people and everyone we come into contact with - sometimes it can even have ongoing effects that we are totally unaware of. I also believe that we often get a bit of 'outside help' even though we don't always notice it. I know there are times when my prayers have been answered. I also know that some of the answers may not have been the one I wanted at the time but it will all make sense in the end.

I could waffle on forever with a couple of stories and a poem about a tapestry but I don't want to end up hogging the whole thread.
Ditto!

Brian

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2006, 13:09   #25
I am Banned

1. In the future there will be no gods allowed incase we upset someone
2. It wont end with a nuke as the PC brigade will ban them as they are abit nasty
3. With all the extra laws brought in to stop people offending anything that moves there will only be one path to follow.
silvermain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2006, 19:44   #26
Resting in peace

I think man will destroy it's self

Man is well on the way already!
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2006, 01:11   #27
Accy Goddess

I agree with Ernie. God is a being an entity a spirit, both Male and Female. God is not responsible for all the bad things that happen. Man is. God can't stop bad things happening because Man has free will.
When will the world end ? Dont think it will.
What is meant to be will be. what goes around comes around. We start at the begining and end at the end.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..