Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Bolts of lightning expected Friday? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/bolts-of-lightning-expected-friday-33140.html)

garinda 26-08-2007 23:35

Bolts of lightning expected Friday?

The coming Friday sees the memorial service for Diana Princess of Wales, from the Wellington Barracks in London.

In attendance, accompanied by her present husband, and Diana's former husband, will be the Duchess of Cornwall, or 'the Rottweiler' as Diana referred to her, or Mrs Camilla Parker Bowles as we more commonly know her.

Apparently she was invited by her stepsons, the Princes William and Harry.

I respect their wishes, but can't help thinking their mother would be spinning in her grave, at the thought of someone she reportedly said ruined her chance of hapiness with the man she loved...whatever love is, to coin Prince Charle's memorable comment on their engagement.

We live in a world were many families are fragmented, and step relationships are common, so this won't be a situation unique to the Royal family, but I can't help thinking it's all a bit strange.

Is there anyone you'd send bolts of lightning crashing down to the church for, if they dared show their face at your memorial service?

MargaretR 26-08-2007 23:38

Re: Bolts of lightning expected Friday?

You haven't kept up with the news today Gary - she has backed out (and rightly so)

I dont care who shows at my funeral because I wont be there

Royboy39 26-08-2007 23:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 464372)
The coming Friday sees the memorial service for Diana Princess of Wales, from the Wellington Barracks in London.

In attendance, accompanied by her present husband, and Diana's former husband, will be the Duchess of Cornwall, or 'the Rottweiler' as Diana referred to her, or Mrs Camilla Parker Bowles as we more commonly know her.

Apparently she was invited by her stepsons, the Princes William and Harry.

I respect their wishes, but can't help thinking their mother would be spinning in her grave, at the thought of someone she reportedly said ruined her chance of hapiness with the man she loved...whatever love is, to coin Prince Charle's memorable comment on their engagement.

We live in a world were many families are fragmented, and step relationships are common, so this won't be a situation unique to the Royal family, but I can't help thinking it's all a bit strange.

Is there anyone you'd send bolts of lightning crashing down to the church for, if they dared show their face at your memorial service?

What a sorry individual this is :o and I don't mean Camilla.

garinda 26-08-2007 23:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 464373)
You haven't kept up with the news today Gary - she has backed out (and rightly so)

Are you sure? On the radio earlier it said she was going.

shillelagh 26-08-2007 23:41

She's not going now Rindy. It was on the news tonight that shes decided not to go. 'It will divert from the real purpose of the memorial service for Diana'
BBC NEWS | UK | Camilla pulls out of Diana event

I think if she had gone that is all anyone would have talked about. I have not nice memories of 10 years ago i was coming back from Ireland from a funeral when we heard on the radio about the car crash.

At mine - i wont be there to party will i? So im not bothered really who's there and who's not just want everyone to have a good party.

garinda 26-08-2007 23:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 464373)

I dont care who shows at my funeral because I wont be there

You're right, just checked the latest news.

A wise move in my opinion.:D

MargaretR 26-08-2007 23:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 464375)
Are you sure? On the radio earlier it said she was going.

Just checked BBC news site again - she aint going

garinda 26-08-2007 23:43

'Protesters threatened to pelt her with eggs if she turned up to take her front-row seat.'

Camilla to miss Diana memorial service | Special reports | Guardian Unlimited

They probably would have as well.

MargaretR 26-08-2007 23:44

I have had husbands (plural!!!) - but never nicked anybody elses

garinda 26-08-2007 23:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 464380)
I have had husbands (plural!!!) - but never nicked anybody elses

It's the same at weddings nowadays for a lot of families. Some people have four sets of parents who all hate each other, but have to grin and bear it for the day, for the sake of their children.

At least Diana won't have to face that when her sons marry. Camilla will be sat there alone in her mother of the groom hat.

Perhaps Diana will save her lightning bolts for that, and set it on fire.:D

MargaretR 26-08-2007 23:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 464381)
It's the same at weddings nowadays for a lot of families. Some people have four sets of parents who all hate each other, but have to grin and bear it for the day, for the sake of their children.

I didnt encounter that problem fortunately. My 1st husband died before my son married , but I was on good terms with his 2nd wife, who as his widow, did attend.

PS there had been no husband stealing involved

garinda 27-08-2007 00:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 464382)
I didnt encounter that problem fortunately. My 1st husband died before my son married , but I was on good terms with his 2nd wife, who as his widow, did attend.

Happily that is sometimes the case, and good for you for being sociable. However, I've attended weddings were a knife would have been better used to cut the atmosphere rather than the cake.

BERNADETTE 27-08-2007 00:16

My hat goes off to William and Harry for being man enough to invite her in the first place. That speaks volumes to me about what great young men they are, if we feel outraged at the thought of Camilla attending how must they feel? At the end of the day Diana was their mother and if they feel she has a right to be invited who are we to object? I am just glad she won't be there but by the same token I don't think Charles should be there either, just my humble opinion but why should he be there? He didn't love or respect Our Beautiful Princess so why bother going to her memorial?

cashman 27-08-2007 00:17

just heard on sky news,she backed out cos the queen told her too. bad publicity for em n all that crap. pmsl the dummy got the bad press by accepting the invitation.;)

Doug 27-08-2007 00:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 464379)
'Protesters threatened to pelt her with eggs if she turned up to take her front-row seat.'

Camilla to miss Diana memorial service | Special reports | Guardian Unlimited

They probably would have as well.

Then they won’t be respecting the life and passing of the mother of William & Harry. They would also be disrespecting William & Harry and their acceptance of their step mother.

I accept the right of the family and the people to both remember and celebrate Diana and her life and deeds, but I despise those within the media that would attempt to trade and profit from a death that they and Diana herself brought about.

It is time to let this lady rest in peace and allow the family and the Nation to move on.