Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Hyndburn's Honeys. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/hyndburns-honeys-38336.html)

Caz 10-10-2008 20:43

Re: Hyndburn's Honeys.

Mutton dressed as lamb at 27???:eek:

Quote:

Maybe the standards of the local men are just low. Either that or they thought it'd be a laugh to pick the ugliest
Have you not read some of the preceding posts blazey? Who bothers to vote unless they are urged to do so by a participant? Who's gonna bother paying for a stamp, or dropping a form off at the Obby office unless they have a connection? These things are just totally idiotic.

blazey 10-10-2008 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazzer (Post 640082)
Mutton dressed as lamb at 27???:eek:

Have you not read some of the preceding posts blazey? Who bothers to vote unless they are urged to do so by a participant? Who's gonna bother paying for a stamp, or dropping a form off at the Obby office unless they have a connection? These things are just totally idiotic.

Bright pink skin tight outfits are hardly the outfit of choice of a young mother. Not unless you are Katie Price and even she has grown up a bit now. I'm 19 and there isn't much chance you'd see me in something that hideously tacky though... so you're right, even the lambs wouldn't dress that badly.

I still reckon people would happily vote for a laugh. Cost of a stamp is about 35p, not too much more for an envelope. I'm sure these things are most popular with groups of men who spend a lot of time together, such as labourers and builders and such, or darts/football/cricket teams etc, so it wouldn't be difficult to ensure the ugliest mug won as long as enough men have the cruel sense of humor to do so.

Caz 10-10-2008 21:26

Quote:

Bright pink skin tight outfits are hardly the outfit of choice of a young mother
Why not???
If you are posing for a piccy, or going out clubbing?

So what if she's a young mum. Aint she allowed to have fun?

That has nothing to do with recent sentiments on this thread!
You are seeing it from a 19 year old's point of view. I'm viewing it as a 55 year old who wishes she had the bod to wear it still lol!

Seems you are a bit old fashioned in your thinking Blazey. :)

lancsdave 10-10-2008 21:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazey (Post 640098)
I'm sure these things are most popular with groups of men who spend a lot of time together, such as labourers and builders and such, or darts/football/cricket teams etc, so it wouldn't be difficult to ensure the ugliest mug won as long as enough men have the cruel sense of humor to do so.

I doubt if it would cross the minds of most of us, you can have a laugh at mingers for nowt :D

blazey 11-10-2008 02:03

Yes I am admittedly VERY old fashioned in a lot of my thoughts, but that doesn't make me wrong or the current society correct.

I just think it was a waste of a competition as it wasn't really a case of the best looking girl winning. Perhaps best efforts. It is the taking part that counts after all.

jaysay 11-10-2008 09:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazey (Post 640061)
Just had a look at the woman who won in the Observer and I am quite shocked she won as she isn't particularly good looking at all, and the comments suggesting she isn't a barbie seem particularly odd as she wearing some pink lycra thing and has bleached blonde hair. To me that screams Barbie/Mutton dressed as lamb.

Maybe the standards of the local men are just low. Either that or they thought it'd be a laugh to pick the ugliest. Funnily enough I said the same thing to my mum when I was in the co-op, but I decided against the hard task of picking the most fake and tacky out of the bunch.

Ah I'm such a scrooge. Bah humbug.

Mutton dressed as lamb blazey, good god the lass was only 27:eek:

katex 11-10-2008 10:36

The only thing I find peculiar is that it was suggested she entered to boost her confidence and self-esteem after the breakdown of a relationship . :confused:
Would think you have to have this already to enter in the first place. As it happens she won, but could have had an adverse affect on her state of mind if very few votes.

entwisi 11-10-2008 16:54

Posted via Mobile Device

With that result i reckon i have a good chance in the upcoming "Hyndburn Hunks " so who'se going to vote for me :D

lancsdave 11-10-2008 17:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by entwisi (Post 640295)
Posted via Mobile Device

With that result i reckon i have a good chance in the upcoming "Hyndburn Hunks " so who'se going to vote for me :D

Looks like a jealous mod has deleted all the thousands of posts for those who said yes they would vote for you :D:D:D:D

entwisi 11-10-2008 17:38

Posted via Mobile Device
Its a terrible thing jealousy. :D

katex 11-10-2008 17:44

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

Me, me ... great boobs Entwisi .... :D >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>.

entwisi 11-10-2008 18:41

why thank you kind lady.

do you want to swap??????? :D

katex 11-10-2008 18:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by entwisi (Post 640344)
why thank you kind lady.

do you want to swap??????? :D

Errr ... errr... how long do I have to make up my mind ?

entwisi 11-10-2008 19:09

Till I get offers for topless from Playgirl?

Bagpuss 11-10-2008 20:27

Quote:

" so who'se going to vote for me :D

Sorry I've promised my 400 votes to Neil;)