Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Heinz to withdraw 'Gay Kiss' advert! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/heinz-to-withdraw-gay-kiss-advert-40601.html)

West Ender 25-06-2008 15:16

Re: Heinz to withdraw 'Gay Kiss' advert!

Jambutty, why do you overreact and describe everything as "personal"? Logically, any reply specific to something you have posted has got to be personal but it does not imply an attack, merely a difference of opinion. I find the scenario of the advert amusing and I don't look for a hidden agenda. Being realistic if 200 people complained about this, out of the many tens of thousands who must have seen it, perhaps more saw it my way than yours.

cashman 25-06-2008 16:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by West Ender (Post 598214)
Nonsense. Do you really believe that, in a gay partnership, one partner would be a New York Deli worker, dressed for the role and serving behind a counter? You really think that person would say, in response to the child's request for a sandwich, "You got it, kid"? For Heaven's sake, it's meant to be funny. Has your sense of humour been totally crushed by outrage and indignation over 2 men in a mock domestic scene?

well jambutty, i can see nothing personal in that post.:confused: n honestly doubt wether anyone can- only you.:(

jaysay 25-06-2008 16:52

Well it seems that this thread is getting way out of hand, in the world we live in it takes all sorts to make it go round, I have always been a bloke who has said live and let live. Homosexuality is not a disease, it is how some one is born, they don't have a choise as some people would have you think, they are what they are through a circumstance of birth, in actual fact the gay people I have know, both male and female are very genuine people, and are probably more sincere than a lot of thier hetrosexual counterarts

accyman 25-06-2008 16:57

i wonder how many men would complain if it had been two sexy lesbians snogging and rolling around in heinz mayonaize :D

hell id watch em at it in a tub of heinz beans as long as it wasnt smell o'vision

accyman 25-06-2008 16:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 598258)
Well it seems that this thread is getting way out of hand, in the world we live in it takes all sorts to make it go round, I have always been a bloke who has said live and let live. Homosexuality is not a disease, it is how some one is born, they don't have a choise as some people would have you think, they are what they are through a circumstance of birth, in actual fact the gay people I have know, both male and female are very genuine people, and are probably more sincere than a lot of thier hetrosexual counterarts

I AGREE but dont call a bloke mummy it just aint right

jambutty 25-06-2008 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by West Ender (Post 598226)
Jambutty, why do you overreact and describe everything as "personal"? Logically, any reply specific to something you have posted has got to be personal but it does not imply an attack, merely a difference of opinion. I find the scenario of the advert amusing and I don't look for a hidden agenda. Being realistic if 200 people complained about this, out of the many tens of thousands who must have seen it, perhaps more saw it my way than yours.

I do not overreact and describe everything as personal unless it gets personal.

So questioning a person’s sense of humour is not getting personal?

How people saw that ad is up to them. They are neither right nor wrong in forming an opinion about it.

But then what is prevalent is that the minority opinion is wrong and those with that opinion get castigated.

jambutty 25-06-2008 17:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 598245)
well jambutty, i can see nothing personal in that post.:confused: n honestly doubt wether anyone can- only you.:(

Irrelevant!

keetah992000 25-06-2008 17:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tin Monkey (Post 598161)
That was your first mistake.

erm... it wasnt a mistake - it was most definitely a purposeful action.

i just couldnt be bothered to read through all the petty squabling.

:D :D :D

Eric 25-06-2008 17:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 597680)
I wonder if the men who find homosexuality 'unnatural', would also have the same problem if it was a bit of girl on girl lip action?:rolleyes:

Actually they would have a different problem ... one manifested by a bulge in their pants:dancedog:

Don't find the ad offensive, or even funny; there again I think that ads serve only one good purpose: they give you time to grab a beer without missing the show.

Eric 25-06-2008 17:24

I just took another look at the ad. I can't see anything "gay" about it. It's as silly as the product is crappy .... but "gay"? If someone sees it as gay, or the men as gay lovers, I suspect that their perception is being distorted by their prejudice. Bottom line is: it's just another silly bloody ad.

jaysay 25-06-2008 17:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 598264)
I AGREE but dont call a bloke mummy it just aint right

Fair play accyman I agree there

WillowTheWhisp 25-06-2008 17:36

Aaaaaargh! this thread is driving me potty.

The kids are not calling a man Mummy. They are calling their mother Mummy. SHE is a woman but in the ad is being portrayed as a NY deli counter server because that is how they are seeing/treating their mother - as little more than a sandwich producer. They could have portrayed her as a sandwich dispensing machine and the guy could have come back and kissed the machine goodbye.

It's not about homosexuality.

Eric 25-06-2008 17:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp (Post 598296)
Aaaaaargh! this thread is driving me potty.

The kids are not calling a man Mummy. They are calling their mother Mummy. SHE is a woman but in the ad is being portrayed as a NY deli counter server because that is how they are seeing/treating their mother - as little more than a sandwich producer. They could have portrayed her as a sandwich dispensing machine and the guy could have come back and kissed the machine goodbye.

It's not about homosexuality.

Thanx hon, that's it exactly.:alright: This should put an end to the bs; but it probably won't.:rolleyes:

cashman 25-06-2008 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by jambutty (Post 598272)
Irrelevant!

that just about sums up, much better n i ever could.:rolleyes:

grannyclaret 25-06-2008 18:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by jambutty (Post 598193)
Thanks to [email protected] I was able to watch the ad.

It portrays two men in a domestic relationship bringing up two kids, one small boy and one small girl. Never mind the product. That is incidental.

The two kids have been ‘programmed’ to call one of the men mum (much in the same way that a step parent acquires the mantle of mum or dad) and that above anything else sends out the wrong message. The kiss just reinforces that message.

That advert should never have been shown.

That was exactly how i saw it,,,,