Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Detention without charge poll (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/detention-without-charge-poll-41085.html)

accyman 14-07-2008 21:36

Re: Detention without charge poll

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 606688)
Every avenue should be explored. Every other civilized country manages to explore them without needing 42 days. In fact, we manage to do it within 28 days, so there is no need to extend.

were british we like to do things properly infact other police are so pathetic we had to send in british investigators to help conduct the search for madelin

Loz 14-07-2008 21:37

Quote:

Every avenue should be explored. Every other civilized country manages to explore them without needing 42 days. In fact, we manage to do it within 28 days, so there is no need to extend.

What about the USA?
Guantamo bay anybody?

BERNADETTE 14-07-2008 21:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 606680)
How do you know whether the police have had the people under surveillance or not? I am damn sure they don't inform us when they are going to keep their eye on somebody, so from where do you get your evidence??

David Davis has fully investigated it and nobody has come out to say hes fibbing![/quote]Oh well then it must be so, do you really think that the police are going to tell anybody who is under surveillance???

Mancie 14-07-2008 21:39

Quote:

I presume you count the USA as a civilized country?
maybe we should hold terrorist suspects on an Island and hold them for 5years+ without charge!!!

andrewb 14-07-2008 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 606700)
David Davis has fully investigated it and nobody has come out to say hes fibbing!

Oh well then it must be so, do you really think that the police are going to tell anybody who is under surveillance???[/quote]

He was the shadow home secretary. You can't tell me you honestly believe hes lies and nobody has said a thing during the whole campaign? Surely those in favour of 42 days would have had a field day!!

andrewb 14-07-2008 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loz (Post 606699)
What about the USA?
Guantamo bay anybody?

The one example (which is being scrapped because its wrong)

Loz 14-07-2008 21:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 606703)
Oh well then it must be so, do you really think that the police are going to tell anybody who is under surveillance???

He was the shadow home secretary. You can't tell me you honestly believe hes lies and nobody has said a thing during the whole campaign? Surely those in favour of 42 days would have had a field day!![/quote]

You are trying to tell me you believe politicians don't lie!!
What planet do you live on?

andrewb 14-07-2008 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loz (Post 606707)
He was the shadow home secretary. You can't tell me you honestly believe hes lies and nobody has said a thing during the whole campaign? Surely those in favour of 42 days would have had a field day!!

What planet do you live on?[/quote]

If he lied about that they'd come straight out and say he was, nobody has accused him of doing that!

God I can't believe I'm having to argue these things just because people want to find any possible way to make my argument invalid.

Quite clear that the majority of people on Accringtonweb couldn't care less about locking up innocents. All I can say is I hope it never happens to you or your families.

BERNADETTE 14-07-2008 21:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 606703)
Oh well then it must be so, do you really think that the police are going to tell anybody who is under surveillance???

He was the shadow home secretary. You can't tell me you honestly believe hes lies and nobody has said a thing during the whole campaign? Surely those in favour of 42 days would have had a field day!![/quote]I am saying that the police are unlikely to disclose whether they have kept people who have been released under surveillance!!!

cashman 14-07-2008 21:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 606720)

Quite clear that the majority of people on Accringtonweb couldn't care about locking up innocents. All I can say is I hope it never happens to you or your families.

good now sod off.:D

Royboy39 14-07-2008 21:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 606701)
I presume you count the USA as a civilized country?
maybe we should hold terrorist suspects on an Island and hold them for 5years+ without charge!!!

Why would you presume that Sunshine?
I think you are trying to cause upset where there is none 'My Son'?
You may fool people some of the time but it takes a small amount of time to suss out where you are coming from.
Contribute to forums to the best of your ability, and if your ability is limited to the crap you have posted recently I think you should sleep on it.

Loz 14-07-2008 21:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 606720)
What planet do you live on?

If he lied about that they'd come straight out and say he was, nobody has accused him of doing that!

God I can't believe I'm having to argue these things just because people want to find any possible way to make my argument invalid.

Quite clear that the majority of people on Accringtonweb couldn't care less about locking up innocents. All I can say is I hope it never happens to you or your families.[/quote]

We care about protecting our country and loved ones from terroism.
Why do you presume lots of innocent people will be detained anyway?
Surely there is some evidence needed before an arrest?

Mancie 14-07-2008 22:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royboy39 (Post 606725)
Why would you presume that Sunshine?
I think you are trying to cause upset where there is none 'My Son'?
You may fool people some of the time but it takes a small amount of time to suss out where you are coming from.
Contribute to forums to the best of your ability, and if your ability is limited to the crap you have posted recently I think you should sleep on it.

Trying to cause upset were there is none? mugchops! there's plenty of that on this subject
you couldn't "suss" out a game of cluedo you plump!

Loz 14-07-2008 22:02

Andrew why pm me?
Fair enough you are making your point but why not post on here like everything else has been.

Royboy39 14-07-2008 22:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 606734)
Trying to cause upset were there is none? mugchops! there's plenty of that on this subject
you couldn't "suss" out a game of cluedo you plump!

Very clear and concise response from a muppet :dancedog: