Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Third Mosque for Accrington (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/third-mosque-for-accrington-43718.html)

garinda 20-11-2008 22:58

Re: Third Mosque for Accrington

Nice he's fitted in over there, and is speaking the language so well.

At all, at all, at all.

garinda 20-11-2008 22:59

Oliver's army.....whoops, there I go again.

Gordie 20-11-2008 23:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 651893)
There is something ironic when people complain that others can't 'speek' English :cool:

Are you sure you dont mean iconic instead of ironic:):D

garinda 20-11-2008 23:05

Let's not forget that Gordie posted this about himself....

'Margaret sorry you guessed wrong I am not Italian I am a quarter Irish a quarter Scotish a quarter English and a full half Packistan.So my expressions in type are understandably different from most.I am a kilt wearing,Hagis, chapati, eating, Whiskey drinker definately no pizza.'

Which unlike the rest of us makes him a full person, plus an extra quarter too.

Not quite the shiniest button in the box.;)

Gordie 20-11-2008 23:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 653276)
Nice he's fitted in over there, and is speaking the language so well.

At all, at all, at all.

Garinda bejaysus its a far different country now than what the old perspective of Ireland was. Its not at all at all like that anymore

Some even say its cowd den yonder today or is that Accringtonstani.:D

cashman 20-11-2008 23:18

just out of interest,plus i'm a nosey get, where in ireland are you? anywhere near that mosque in dublin?

Gordie 20-11-2008 23:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 653280)
Let's not forget that Gordie posted this about himself....

'Margaret sorry you guessed wrong I am not Italian I am a quarter Irish a quarter Scotish a quarter English and a full half Packistan.So my expressions in type are understandably different from most.I am a kilt wearing,Hagis, chapati, eating, Whiskey drinker definately no pizza.'

Which unlike the rest of us makes him a full person, plus an extra quarter too.

Not quite the shiniest button in the box.;)

But atleast I am a quarter more than most:rolleyes:

Benipete 20-11-2008 23:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordie (Post 653275)
Big deal I spelt two words wrong.We can all sit down typing with a spell
checker and pulling others for grammar and spelling.
What a plonker.

The spellings were fine,just in the wrong sentence.:p Don't be so hard on yourself Rodney.

Gordie 20-11-2008 23:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 653283)
just out of interest,plus i'm a nosey get, where in ireland are you? anywhere near that mosque in dublin?

No where near it but I did help to build it as if :D

garinda 20-11-2008 23:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benipete (Post 653285)
The spellings were fine,just in the wrong sentence.:p Don't be so hard on yourself Rodney.

...and rather amusing, given the context that they were criticising others for not have mastered the English language.

Gordie 21-11-2008 00:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 653287)
...and rather amusing, given the context that they were criticising others for not have mastered the English language.

Its also rather amusing given the context that you are not aware
there is a difference between mastering and learning English.
I have noticed on a few occasions you receive a few lessons yourself
from jambutty.
Read your own quote. I am still laughing master

jaysay 21-11-2008 10:14

What amuses me about Gordie is that he keeps slagging Accy of from over the water, when those of use who still live here don't really have any problems with members of the asian community. The thing is I can remember when the only coloured face seen around here was when the sheikh used to come round selling his wares from door to door in the 50s. Most of those in my age bracket have got used to the fact that Hyndburn is a multi cultural society and nothing is going to change that, and most people accept it and get on with their own lives. Maybe Ireland is the best place for Gordie if he can't accept that fact

garinda 21-11-2008 10:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 653340)
What amuses me about Gordie is that he keeps slagging Accy of from over the water, when those of use who still live here don't really have any problems with members of the asian community. The thing is I can remember when the only coloured face seen around here was when the sheikh used to come round selling his wares from door to door in the 50s. Most of those in my age bracket have got used to the fact that Hyndburn is a multi cultural society and nothing is going to change that, and most people accept it and get on with their own lives. Maybe Ireland is the best place for Gordie if he can't accept that fact

Even stranger is the fact that he is half Pakistani himself, though not the other three quarters of him, apparently.;)

Mancie 21-11-2008 13:15

We know a song about this don't we (chorus).........GORDIE IS A MORON....GORDIE IS A MORON! :D :D

jaysay 21-11-2008 16:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 653431)
We know a song about this don't we (chorus).........GORDIE IS A MORON....GORDIE IS A MORON! :D :D

Good Lord I agree with Mancie on something:D