Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/anyone-made-a-secret-freedom-of-info-request-about-me-andrew-45563.html)

claytonender 14-02-2009 15:15

Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 679878)
Does anyone know how many of the Tories voted for PB and how many for someone else last time they were choosing a leader? Same question for the Labour Councillors as well if anyone knows.

I can answer about the election of Graham Jones as leader of the Labour Group.

Under Labour Party rules (which apply Nationally as well as Locally), all officers of the Labour Group are re elected annually at the AGM - which takes place in May every year (in year's when there is a borough election, it takes place after the election).

Graham Jones was re elected the Leader of the Labour Group unanimously.

Neil 14-02-2009 15:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by claytonender (Post 679918)

Thanks, is it a secret ballot as Jaysay suggested

garinda 14-02-2009 15:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 679832)
Its right to apologise when you're wrong. As Graham has been on many issues, including the totally incorrect accusations in the first post of this thread. Will there be an apology given or does Graham's hatred for Peter Britcliffe get in the way again, as it often does, and enhances his error of judgement.

I don't remember an apology being issued when he called a fellow councillor a 'silly cow', even though this vile and vicous insult was made within earshot of an Accy Webber.

garinda 14-02-2009 15:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 679837)
At least Cllr Jones did not lie openly about this .. as in the 'Silly Cow' remark (sorry to bring that one up again .. but I heard it remember).

Just an incorrect supposition with the looks of it, and not too difficult to see who may have been asked for this information .. :rolleyes:

Sorry Katex, posted a similar comment to your's, before I'd got this far in the thread.:D

Neil 14-02-2009 15:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 679943)
I don't remember an apology being issued when he called a fellow councillor a 'silly cow', even though this vile and vicous insult was made within earshot of an Accy Webber.

2 wrongs don't make a right ;)

Neil 14-02-2009 15:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by claytonender (Post 679918)

I believe it was a close run thing against David Myles when we was first elected. Have they sorted out there differences now or is the party still a little disjointed?

turkishdelight 14-02-2009 15:47

With respect i can absoulutely guarantee the information Andrew received refering to the freedom of information act was requested for reasons only known to him and myself and clearly not for the reasons implied. I would state clearly that at no point has any person put Andrew up to this as suggested. In terms of the statement making sure your repretation remains the same im not clear as to what this implies do you have a repretation? If Andrew chooses to inform people why he applied for the information, his call. No wonder hes laughing and me too its entertaining to say the least. With respect and without predudice Janet.

jaysay 14-02-2009 15:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 679950)
I believe it was a close run thing against David Myles when we was first elected. Have they sorted out there differences now or is the party still a little disjointed?

Ya Neil it was sorted out Mr Myles Jacked it in:D

garinda 14-02-2009 15:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 679947)

No they don't, but I doubt an apology on here would be of much interest to Cllr. Britcliffe, as he is much too grand to deign us with his presence, so it would be a bit pointless, unless one of the Three Stooges passed on the apology.

I suppose an apology could have been published on the 'community website', for which H.B.C. received a grant of £591,000.00, if it was still up and running, and had not ben a complete waste of money because of apathy. Still, what's nearly six hundred grand going to buy you nowadays, a hot dog and a Coke in London?

Interestingly I doubt there would have been much interest in councillor's expenses, if a small group of them hadn't been so damned greedy, and voted to award themselves more than an independent panel had recommended.

I hope it's been worth it.

Neil 14-02-2009 15:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 679959)
Ya Neil it was sorted out Mr Myles Jacked it in:D

Not another that became an Independent? :rolleyes:

garinda 14-02-2009 15:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by turkishdelight (Post 679956)
With respect i can absoulutely guarantee the information Andrew received refering to the freedom of information act was requested for reasons only known to him and myself and clearly not for the reasons implied. I would state clearly that at no point has any person put Andrew up to this as suggested. In terms of the statement making sure your repretation remains the same im not clear as to what this implies do you have a repretation? If Andrew chooses to inform people why he applied for the information, his call. No wonder hes laughing and me too its entertaining to say the least. With respect and without predudice Janet.

Andrew's friends on Facebook are laughing that he knew exactly which year's information to request.;)

MargaretR 14-02-2009 15:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by turkishdelight (Post 679956)

I love my son dearly too, but there comes a time when you let them defend themselves, so as not to expose them to ridicule amongst their friends

cashman 14-02-2009 16:00

i laughing as well as scratching me head, what the hell is a repretation?:confused::D

katex 14-02-2009 16:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 679947)

Don't think this is quite a tantamount issue Neil.

It is obvious, Cllr Jones made an incorrect conclusion, and maybe a quick apology to Andrew, not Cllr Bricliffe, would not go amiss. He certainly cannot lie about what he said, as is there for all to see and would not try to wriggle out of it I am sure. Am confident only Andrew put Andrew 'up to this'

I do not believe either that Andrew asked for these expenses because he was doing some sort of research for an essay he might have been writing for his studies. 'How our Councillors waste our money,etc'. There again I am only surmising due to the evidence of recent threads on this subject, and may well owe Andrew myself an apology soon ..(however,pigs will fly as they say) :rolleyes::D

andrewb 14-02-2009 17:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 679963)
Andrew's friends on Facebook are laughing that he knew exactly which year's information to request.;)

I know this would have flown past Councillor Jones, but the year was 2007/2008. It makes sense that I requested the information on the last full financial year, because of course, 2008/2009 is still ongoing.

The answer is in the detail. ;)